PDA

View Full Version : Staking a Player

09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a friend who is willing to stake me playing poker. What is good basic deal for me and him? Like I said he is my one of my good friends and we will be starting small. I already have a good bankroll for my limits and higher ones, my bankroll started with 300 dollars a year and a half ago. Through bonus whoring and playing all cash games, sng,and mtt tables curently im at 7400 and ive withdrawn about 5000 along the way. I know its not anything special but i havnt gone broke? right.lol... My questions are obvisouly the stake plan and what stakes would u be playing on my bankroll thanks for input....

Ps i know its my first post but im always in here reading

search func didnt work didnt know where to look sorry
thank you all and gl

primetime32
09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Not sure if it makes sense for you. You already have a bankroll and can obviously afford to play at your levels without much risk (presuming your game will only get better). if you plan on moving up limits and need the extra backing, its a different story, but since you have built your bankroll up, you can probably move up gradually without having to split the profits.

Torr
09-26-2005, 01:52 PM
as for stake plan, especially if you end up having multiple backers, greg raymer on his site fossilmanpoker.com in the faq shows how he set up his backing through shares. Might be an option to duplicate in some form.

09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
ty both for your advice

otter
09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd suggest you set a certain timeframe to break the bank; whether it be a certain number of hours, months or a certain result. I'd also suggest that you divvy it up as follows:

50% of the win goes to the player(s)-in this case you
50% of the win goes to the investors according to how much they invested. If you invest 50% of the bank then you'd get half of this share too.