PDA

View Full Version : When to go pro?

09-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I have been playing poker for a few years and dedicated myself to sng play for the last 10 months. I really hate my job and envy all you sng pros. I have now played over 2000 sngs and I am a little disapointed with the results, but I feel that I have plugged some leaks and gotten better and my actual results will be better in the future.
Results:
10's:
Played:1,222
Profit: $1563
ROI: 11.6%

20's:
played:788
Profit: $1218
ROI: 7%

Total SnG's played: 2010
Total Profit: $2,781
Total ROI: 9%
Rakeback: $193
Total ROI w/rakeback: 9.6%

My wish is to now move up to the 33's. I would 6 table for 8 hrs a day 5 days a week. If i can maitain even a small 5% ROI plus rakeback I will make around $3,600 a month. That is much more than the $12 an hour I now make at my current job.
I also have 20k in credit limit on credit cards wich would enable me to get by 1st few mnths if things go bad.

runner4life7
09-26-2005, 01:20 PM
First, dont rely on credit, bad idea.

Second, I would stay at the 20s for a while and try and fix some leaks. 7% isnt great, but its positive and thats always good /images/graemlins/smile.gif, but the 30s are a step up so make sure you are ready for it. I've actually stayed at the 20s lately because I've found them to be much easier.

Degen
09-26-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I quit my job and play SnG's for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have to ask, the answer is no

quit your job only when it is costing you an obscene amount of money not to

also consider the non-financial ramifications...if you have some time check the first couple weeks of my blog (link in my profile) to see how bad it can get mentally

also get the new card player...thomas keller wrote an absolutely fantastic article (not yet up online, i tried to find the link) that is DEAD ON in every way about some of the drawbacks of playing for a living...bottom line, it is not as glamorous as you may think

the_joker
09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd play a some 33's and see what your ROI actually is at that level. 11% and 7% ROI are very low for the 11's and 22's. I'd work on your game some before moving up or going pro.

09-26-2005, 01:42 PM
If I were you, I'd six-table the 33s on my days off before making any decisions. If it turns out you're not making the money you expect to, you'll be glad you still have income from your regular job. If you are successful, you will make enough during the test phase that you won't have to rely upon credit to get you through your off months.

jeffraider
09-26-2005, 01:42 PM
8 hours a day 5 days a week? Jesus christ!

stanzee
09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
You could do what i'm going to do, and that is quit my job in a years time and go to a university located somewhere considerably cheaper to live then where i currently live (I live in london at the moment-it is very expensive). This way i'll be having a blast at college, i'll be getting extra qualifications, i'll be able to quit my job (which is fairly well paid, but i don't particularly enjoy), and i'll have much more time for poker (and partying). If the poker doesn't work out, then at least i'll be able to tell future employers that i quit my current job to get a degree, rather then having to tell them i quit my job to become a "professional online poker player". Seems like a win, win, win situation for me.

benfranklin
09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
In the immortal word of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I just checked your previous posts. Last month, you said that your bankroll was $380. You need to add a couple of zeroes on the end of that before you ask this question again.

Cactus Jack
09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
When to go pro?

Before the unemployment runs out.

KennyBanya
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Keep playing and working on your game.

Try playing 8/hrs a day on some of your days off, it can actually be kind of a grind it is not as easy as it sounds.

Build a non poker bankroll so a bad stretch doesnt kill you financially. Try to do your current job and poker or a new part time job and poker. Try to avoid putting all your eggs in the poker basket, until you are so good you cant afford not to turn pro.

Much success in whichever path you choose.

KennyBanya

raptor517
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
if the job is easily replaceable, by all means quit. however, 40 hours a week for even a month burns a lot of people out. be ready for it. i got burned out, but it took me a while. also, your numbers are quite low for the 11s and 22s, i would suggest working on your game quite a bit before quitting yer guaranteed income job. holla

09-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks for all the reply's and votes.
I have stoped playing MTT's and worked my BR up around 2gs. I have on regular occaions played for 8+ hours and yes its a grind, but no more than griding on the phones at work for 8 hours.
I am like the teenager who dosnt listen to the advice of his peers. Just about 45mins ago mangagment wanted to talk to me about my tardies. I tld them that I am done and I quit my job. Im sitting at home now unemployed.
I will stick to the 20's and look for another job at the same time. But hopefully I will not have to take another job. I will keep you updated on my Failure or Success if you want.
I will spend the day in preperation for tomorrow when I start full time at the SnG tables.

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
First off I turned "pro/playing for a living" couple years ago back when NL 200 was the big dog on pp. I made the switch playing cash games (so now you know my background) but I think a few things I have to say will be relivant. First off it KILLS you mentally. When you play for a living your win rate drops, due to the extended hours you play, the love of the game goes down, and the fact there's so much more added pressure.
Online poker is going to start getting harder here in a few years once the boom dies down, so I strongly encourage you to think about the future, what is going to happen to you when all of the people that play 109's and 215's have no more fish and move to the 55's and 33's. (this is just my prediction, I may be wrong) I would say, keep your job, but play poker for a 2nd income if you like. Keep your options open. And once you're confident you're ready to make the switch, and don't need 2+2 for advice, then do it. If you have to ask, I don't think you're ready, only you will know.

As far as a stat perspective, your stats seem low to me.

Also, I just helped a guy out wiht the transfer to living off of online poker, and ummmm.... he was going to play 40 hours a week, LOLOLOL to that comment. People who actually do that know it last for a year at MOST then you die out. 40 hours a week is impossible to keep up to. Do the numbers at 20 hours a week.

raptor517
09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
good luck. holla

stanzee
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
A few of you have mentioned burnout. As a lot of people find multitabling almost automatic, i'm guessing when you burnout, you start losing motivation and put in less hours, yes? or do you actually start making bad decisions and lose money? just interested...

From my point of view, i've never consistently put in 40+ hours per week, but when i do, i will make sure i'm a winning player in a variety of poker disciplines, so when i get bored of SNGs i can play ring games/short handed poker/and maybe even Omaha and 7 card stud.

fnord_too
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Does your job have (good) benefits?

If not, quitting your job should be a pretty easy decision, whether you do it to play poker, go back to school, or just get another job. If it does have benefits (when I say benefits I really mean health care, and to a lesser extent 401k or retirement or profit sharing), then the decision is not quite as easy if you are leaving to play poker only. IMO there is no reason to stay in a job you hate for $12/hour. At the very least, you can get a better job.

Degen
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
burnt out as in, dreaming about flops and pushes and suckouts and then waking up feeling like you'd rather go clean up overflowing toilets than play a sit n go

Nicholasp27
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
well, if u had been getting 25% rb that entire time, then your roi would actually be 11.31% overall...but u missed out on over $500 in rb!

i assume u got rb 500 sngs into it and now have a 25% rb program

09-26-2005, 04:16 PM
actually I have only had Rakeback on my last 387 sngs at the 20's. So my ROI would be a little higher had I had it for the full 2010.

benfranklin
09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am like the teenager who dosnt listen to the advice of his peers. Just about 45mins ago mangagment wanted to talk to me about my tardies. I tld them that I am done and I quit my job. Im sitting at home now unemployed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If getting to work on time is a big problem, you most likely don't have the self-discipline to be self-employed.

Nicholasp27
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
when to go pro?

"when you quit your job and are unemployed"

sounds like a plan

stupidsucker
09-26-2005, 04:32 PM
gl to you then...

playing for a living is vastly different then having a job.

There is nothing that can really prepare you for it anyways. It sounds to me like you want to do this, and there was really no talking you out of it.

Since you are already in the water. Here are some suggestions.

1) Get 3 months worth of ALL bills/rent/food in the bank.
2) Dont touch it (this is not part of your bankroll)
3) Dont pay any bills with that money. Use new poker earnings only.
4) Don't be ashamed to call it quits and find a job if things go poorly. You can always try again.
5) Get another 3 months worth of rent in the bank
6) Never stop learning(a problem I am working on)
7) WORK. Dont get lazy. Especially if you are running well.(A problem that I used to have)

Ogre
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
YES!! QUIT YOUR JOB ASAP! ONLY FISH WORK FOR THE MAN!!!

Degen
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
this is bs

i've never had a good tardiness track record in my life, i offer this:

people who have a history of being late to work, yet do their work very well when they decide to do it on their own time/terms, are more well-suited to playing professional poker than those who are sterotypical 'company men'

also people who prefer to stay up late and sleep till 1pm as opposed to early risers

09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
In last 4 years i have called in sick 1 time. I had a couple 1-2 min tardies puching back in from break.

stupidsucker
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is bs

i've never had a good tardiness track record in my life, i offer this:

people who have a history of being late to work, yet do their work very well when they decide to do it on their own time/terms, are more well-suited to playing professional poker than those who are sterotypical 'company men'

also people who prefer to stay up late and sleep till 1pm as opposed to early risers

[/ QUOTE ]

this coming from the guy that has played 100 SnGs/month since he has turned pro???? And you have the ability to 8 table? Your challenge thread is challenging you to put forth average effort. This guy is going to fall over dead from taurine poisoning.

It took me over a year to learn this lesson.

btw FWIW... I agree that tardiness isnt a direct link to someones SnG function, but indirectly yes. Work ethic has everything to do with it though.

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Ummm, get higher rakeback, I know you aren't a high volume player, but I currently get 32% (am a high volume player) and my buddy a low volume player get 29%. That will help your ROI.

Degen
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
100 a week, and i see the contradiction

i have lost all credibility on this issue

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i still think its almost a prerequisite

any tips on overcoming this SS?

stupidsucker
09-26-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, get higher rakeback, I know you aren't a high volume player, but I currently get 32% (am a high volume player) and my buddy a low volume player get 29%. That will help your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he plays 1000 22s in a month he will make an extra $80/month if he can land a 29% rakeback deal (extra4%) It really isnt a big deal. It will raise his roi by 0.4%/month if he maintains a 10% roi. Rakeback switching over even 4% for a low volume player just isnt worth it imo. Rakeback is such a mess already that a lot of poker sites want to do away with it. Why add fuel to the fire by switching?

fnord_too
09-26-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If getting to work on time is a big problem, you most likely don't have the self-discipline to be self-employed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tardiness can be a sign of a lot of non-diciplinary things like: hidden aggression; bad morning logistics; not really giving a damn about the job; not sweating some arbitrary arival time if it does not impact production; etc.

Also he didn't say it was a big problem. Sometimes people just like to pressure their underlings, or have some exagerated preference for form (as opposed to function).

(Yeah, my arrival time at work has high varriance /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
why add fuel to the fire? = for $80 a month and another sign up bonus, that's why. Plus when he moves up it will be that much more.

stupidsucker
09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100 a week, and i see the contradiction

i have lost all credibility on this issue

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i still think its almost a prerequisite

any tips on overcoming this SS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Set goals. Reward yourself for completing the goal. Here is what I do.

I play 50 games a day anything over and above 50 games in 1 day goes towards my parlay BR. SMTW & F (I take thursday off) On saturday is pure parlay day. If my parlay account is positive I reward myself with a shot at a higher limit with my extra BR.

This works for me because I don't function well unless I have something higher to aim for. For you it might be a new toy, computer upgrade, drugs, or maybe a hooker.

If you simply can't force yourself to play 50 a day then I don't know what to tell ya. Once you get into the habit, it feels easy, then you start playing a couple of 60 and 75 tourney days. If you contine to only play 100/wk then you will hit a very very nasty run and unless your BR is Uber Phat then you will suffer. When you suffer your first long even swing over 1k SnGs at the 109s you will hurt. It can happen. It will happen if you play enough.

raptor517
09-26-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why add fuel to the fire? = for $80 a month and another sign up bonus, that's why. Plus when he moves up it will be that much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sign up bonus is subtracted from the rakeback. thus, its not as good. holla

Vetstadium
09-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I personally would love to go pro know I can make what I make now but with a newborn and benefits/retirement etc will have to stick with job and grind out 20 hrs a week on line if possible.

microbet
09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I haven't ever played long hours, but I don't think I've ever once not played just because I didn't feel like playing anymore. Honestly, 40 hours a week doesn't seem like it would be a problem. Maybe I'm just an addict.

Moonsugar
09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$12 an hour I now make at my current job.
I also have 20k in credit limit on credit cards

[/ QUOTE ]

These banks are in a world of hurt if we ever have a recession.

Degen
09-26-2005, 05:54 PM
its not that it is a 'problem'

its just so easy to get distracted...and after having a good run, there is (at least for me) a natural tendancy to wanna have a little fun

09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These banks are in a world of hurt if we ever have a recession.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and I look at is as a loan. Every business needs a loan for capitol to start out. 90% of new start ups fail. If im one of them-bankruptcy here I come.

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
I know how rakeback works. it's subtracted from MGR not from what you receive, so if you get rakeback and lets say $100 bonus, you essentially don't get the % on the bonus. example, you get 29% rakeback, you do $100 bonus, your profit $71 overall MORE THAN you would receive with just rakeback.

p.s. I currently don't give rakeback, but I was one of the first back in pp in the day to do it, so I know how it works, thanks.

Degen
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For you it might be a new toy, computer upgrade, drugs, or maybe a hooker.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao

travel for me, thanks for the info

09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Just wanted to let you all know how my very 1st SnG as a pro went.

PokerStars Tournament #13050538, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $1.00/$0.20
45 players
Total Prize Pool: $45.00
Tournament started - 2005/09/26 - 15:56:01 (ET)

Dear PokerKing08,

You finished the tournament in 4th place.
A $5.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

Slim Pickens
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh man. You're eating real Ramen tonight! I suppose now you'll start making it with bottled water and thinking you're better than I am. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

microbet
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
No doubt. You're single. You should be chasing girls at least half the time.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
i haven't read the responses yet, but i'm sure a lot of people will say 6 tabling 8 hours a day for 5 days a week (40 hours a week) is insane and I'd have to agree.

imo if you're serious about this, i'd learn to get better at bigger games like the 50's, 100's and maybe even 200's if you're good enough. this way, you can earn far more in less amount of time without burning out.

Xhad
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
$12/hr? Phones? Obsessive tardiness complaints?

Did you work in a call center?

09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Debt collector.

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
ummmm...pro doesn't = a winning player at $1 buy ins imo.

09-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Ha

raptor517
09-26-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know how rakeback works. it's subtracted from MGR not from what you receive, so if you get rakeback and lets say $100 bonus, you essentially don't get the % on the bonus. example, you get 29% rakeback, you do $100 bonus, your profit $71 overall MORE THAN you would receive with just rakeback.

p.s. I currently don't give rakeback, but I was one of the first back in pp in the day to do it, so I know how it works, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol dont get all offended, if you check back, what i said wasnt wrong. holla

Xhad
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Ah. Well, at any rate, is that a hard job to get back into? If you're single and the answer is "no," I wouldn't be at all worried about it. I've done the low-pay-no-barrier to entry thing in the past, and I don't think it's such a big deal to quit your job and splash around for awhile IF you know you can go right back to work anytime you want to.

I spent one out of every five months unemployed before I ever took up poker.

axeshigh
09-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I am wondering what kind of iron discipline I must have to play 1000 SnGs a month while going to school full time... You guys are funny.

helpmeout
09-26-2005, 09:56 PM
If you arent making around $2k a week dont even bother (unless you have a real deadend job and have no prospects).

To go pro you need to have a large BR and backup money of 6months living expenses because you will experience bad downswings no matter what games you play.

The games are also much tougher during the week. When you play 20 hours a week you are always fresh and play the best times. When you play more you play during the toughest times and your EV goes down a lot because of a combination of long hours and tougher games.

You arent even close to being able to go pro so dont waste your time.

To put it short your results suck, you have a weak sample size. 10 months and you are at only 7% ROI at the 20's that is poor, surely you cant expect much more improvement.

20k credit limit jesus you dont even have savings.

There are another 100 reasons why you shouldnt go pro, use the search function there are so many threads on this topic already.

Xhad
09-26-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you arent making around $2k a week dont even bother (unless you have a real deadend job and have no prospects).

[/ QUOTE ]

$12/hr equates to less than 2k/MONTH, even before taxes.

09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Well Ive heard alot of suggestions to not do it and a few to go for it, so you are probably right. But is it incorrect for me to assume that my results after 2000 SnGs is indicative of my future results?
As long as they are, I can make more with my terribly low roi at sngs than I can working at my job.
And yes it would be easy to find another with my experiance if need be after a month or so.

helpmeout
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Poker is a high risk job, your future is uncertain. At the end of the day the games might be good for another 5 years but they might be unprofitable for most in a year.

You dont know thats why you need to earn more at a high risk job than a regular job.

A $12 an hour job provides benefits that poker doesnt provide. Its also a stable income, you also get work experiece which may result in a higher earn down the track.

Poker provides money but you get no experience, if things go bad and you have to get a job then what?

Also as has been said it is much tougher to play fulltime, you lose motivation, it is psychologically tougher when you have to play to put food on the table.

helpmeout
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Your experience is during the best poker times and shorter hours.

When you go pro you play during the week where the games are no where near as good.

You also play more hours which makes it more difficult.

Poker also becomes your main focus which becomes a negative, you do not get forced days off. When you have a job you play fresh every few days or on the weekend.

When you go pro you play all the time, [censored] I just lost $1k today $500 yesterday and $500 the day before what do I do now? You cannot escape.

You also lose motivation, when you arent playing for a living there is always that dream there that pushes you on. Hey I can sit at home playing poker and make a cruisy living.

When it happens it is no longer there, that dream because jesus I gotta keep winning money.

crew
09-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I think the main problem with your logic, and a cause of some of the dissension is your prediction of playing 40 hours a week. I LOVE to play STT, and can play 2 hours a night, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Anything more than that, and I'd pray to be transported to a call center. If you can increase your ROI/rakeback/stakes/amount you make from turning tricks, so that your poker income will exceed your work income in 20 hours a week, than quit by all means. If you do manage to play more than 20 hours, the extra money will simply be gravy.

The Don
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the main problem with your logic, and a cause of some of the dissension is your prediction of playing 40 hours a week. I LOVE to play STT, and can play 2 hours a night, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Anything more than that, and I'd pray to be transported to a call center. If you can increase your ROI/rakeback/stakes/amount you make from turning tricks, so that your poker income will exceed your work income in 20 hours a week, than quit by all means. If you do manage to play more than 20 hours, the extra money will simply be gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I just cannot play for 40 hours per week for some reason. Even this summer break when I was a "pro", I still averaged only 28 hours per week. Granted, I made WAY more money than I would have had I not made the decision to do the 'pro poker' thing.

After graduating this semester, I am definitely going to play professionally for at least the first six months of my post-college life (my friends will still all be in college... I am graduating in 7 semesters). Here are the reasons:

1) I hate the man
2) I would be taking a monster pay cut if I get a "real job."
3) I want to travel a lot

ebaudry
09-27-2005, 06:11 AM
I would recommend waiting a little while b/c:

1) Working 40hrs per week at poker (playing your A-game) is tiring in a very different way than just showing up at work. Before you can rely on doing that for your rent, you should have made absolutely sure you can handle the hours. Even just the eyestrain/backstrain etc. could get you, let alone the poker dreams, and cold runs of cards.

2) When your ROI is relatively low (less than maybe 15-20%), the swings are huge. You can go for days and weeks without making any money. I went a month breaking even (not unlikely) with an ROI in the 20's. Even if you have credit, it can be a huge emotional drain to be breakeven, or god forbid, down for long periods of time. That lowering of your confidence then tends to have an affect on your ability to bring your A-game, things get worse, you wonder what you're doing wrong. You get the picture.

3) Before considering using credit cards look into the term "Risk of Ruin" extensively. Give some serious thought to what you would do if down several thousand without a job or potentially the poker skills to repay it. Also, what's the stress of that possibility costing you emotionally? Do a little math to figure out how long you would have to work at your "new" $12/hr job to save up $2,000/$5,000/$20,000 to repay your credit cards if all goes poorly. Obviously the best case is a good one, but you have to do your "future-self" a favor and give a moments thought to if you can really handle the possibility of it not working out right.

Also if you use credit, you must make a fair assesment of the cost of credit associated with that borrowing and make some exact calculations about how it might affect your ROI to be subtracting interest charges, balance transfer fees, etc.

To be complete, also think about if it would bother you at all that 9 out of 10 people would think you were nuts if you openly told them you were living on borrowed credit card money to make a living gambling... I'm not judging, I do it myself, but it takes a serious commitment towards not caring what my parents and many other people think. This has some sort of cost.

4) To make going pro a good idea, you should have no doubts about how good you are. You can wonder if you are "good enough to make a lot of money", but you should be pretty damn sure you are very, very good at poker. To overcome the rake and variance you need to be very solidly beating the game. I know many people approach the game differently, but I personally had read 6 poker books before feeling good enough. You can get the infomation in lots of other ways if books aren't your thing, but there is a lot of info out there that you should be very comfortable with before you go pro.

The last thing I would suggest is to start at the $10 tables until you've played 1000+ with a good ROI, or read things that lead you to believe you're in the top 10% of online poker players (not many people make money doing this, and many of us are big time nerds with math degrees, finance backgrounds, chess masters, etc.

Best of luck whatever your choice.

-Eric

johnny005
09-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Y can really make more money thatn that, and with a 7% roi at the 20's your in for some insane swings I think you should stay at the 20's until you are close to 20% ROI.

09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
If your job is easily replacable then there is no problem is there? Anyhow since you already quit, good luck.

I think it was Lorinda who's comment said it the best re. "should I go pro":

"If you have to ask the answer is probably no".

Good attitude from a poster called 2ndgoat? a week or 2 before going pro, he said something like:

"you're not going to get one of those should I turn pro posts from me, if you don't think I should turn pro you can go piss up a rope as far as I'm concerned."

Now that's the right attitude!

AleoMagus
09-27-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Debt collector.

[/ QUOTE ]

By all means, quit that job right now. Oh already did, good.

Seriously, I voted no on the 'go pro' poll, but after seeing this little nugget promptly changed my mind.

And yeah, plan for 20 hrs or less each week.

And strangely, though playing poker for 40 hrs is a good way to make you want to die, poker for 20 and work for 20 isn't so bad.

ergo... get a part time job on top of a lighter poker schedule. It'll give you some security, get you out of the house and give you a reason to keep taking showers. All very important things

Good luck.
Brad S