PDA

View Full Version : AA on a mono board. Of which I dont have.

ReadyEddie
09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
No reads on villain.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB.

Any comments? good use of the theorem?

crunchy1
09-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I think you can check/fold that turn and save yourself a BB.

silkyslim
09-26-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fat Nicky
09-26-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't dislike this, but I also don't think taking a stab on the turn is a bad idea. a lot of players will raise this monotone flop with just a pair.

mtdoak
09-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I check call down here. The 4th heart is an obvious scare card. I make it 3 on the flop and slow down if capped. This hand is much easier with reads, however.

sy_or_bust
09-26-2005, 12:39 PM
3-bet the flop! This is for value, and has the advantage of folding hands with outs against you when you bet a four-flush and discouraging MP2 from raising on a later street without a flush.

jskills
09-26-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop! This is for value, and has the advantage of folding hands with outs against you when you bet a four-flush and discouraging MP2 from raising on a later street without a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We're still toast on the turn when the 4th /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits, but this is nice flop strategy.

Fat Nicky
09-26-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about calling the flop raise and check/raising a safe turn???

The only problem I see with this is the villain taking a free card, a read would be real helpful.

sy_or_bust
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Waiting for the turn is a lot better in position. Now, if you wait for a safe turn you can only bet, and you still have to give up on a 4-flush when it's not entirely clear Villain made one. Going for a turn checkraise allows MP2 to complete a free card play when you have a vulnerable made hand.

If I 3-bet the flop and lead the 4-flush, I won't be outplayed by a worse hand, and pair hands will fold when they shouldn't. If called, check the river and you may want to fold to a bet.

gh9801
09-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Threebet flop
Bet/f turn = good

Fat Nicky
09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Waiting for the turn is a lot better in position. Now, if you wait for a safe turn you can only bet, and you still have to give up on a 4-flush when it's not entirely clear Villain made one. Going for a turn checkraise allows MP2 to complete a free card play when you have a vulnerable made hand.

If I 3-bet the flop and lead the 4-flush, I won't be outplayed by a worse hand, and pair hands will fold when they shouldn't. If called, check the river and you may want to fold to a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post, this should be the end of thread.