PDA

View Full Version : A weird situation

Nick B.
09-26-2005, 11:37 AM
7 people left with 50/100 blinds. The big blind the previous hand busted out so there is no small blind. The current big blind has 5 chips. It is folded to me in the CO with AK and a 2600 chip stack. The button has ~1200. I probably made the wrong move, but there is no pot to win really. Only 5 chips in the middle. I think I should have just folded. I ended up calling and beating the BB out of his 5 chips.

boudge7
09-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I think it's fine to make a move there. If the button wants to go, you have a hand, if not you're only risking 5 chips to take a person out. I think you make a raise big enough to show the button that you're willing to go all the way if need be.

09-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I think that's a fold too, but at least you can say it isn't a leak

Degen
09-26-2005, 12:45 PM
i definately limp this also, let the button come in with you and try and hit a big flop and extract a bunch of chips from him

schwza
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i definately limp this also, let the button come in with you and try and hit a big flop and extract a bunch of chips from him

[/ QUOTE ]

do you agree that if the button were any good, you should just fold? if the bb were in for .0001, there'd be no reason to play anything but AA.

Scuba Chuck
09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7 people left with 50/100 blinds. The big blind the previous hand busted out so there is no small blind. The current big blind has 5 chips. It is folded to me in the CO with AK and a 2600 chip stack. The button has ~1200. I probably made the wrong move, but there is no pot to win really. Only 5 chips in the middle. I think I should have just folded. I ended up calling and beating the BB out of his 5 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the alternative line?

I think if I were to play this hand, I would rase to 400 or so. I don't care for the limp.

09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't get that at all, is raising going to make him call with more hands? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Apathy
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if I were to play this hand, I would rase to 400 or so. I don't care for the limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping already raises the pot x20 there is nothing to gain by raising if you want to play. I think this hand should probably be folded.

schwza
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

screw it, fold.

Degen
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
'any good' or 'better then me'

if he is better than me and i do not have tEV playing a pot with him, then yes...its a fold

but if i think in the long run he is losing chips playing a pot with me, i am in there