PDA

View Full Version : Hand posting middlepair & flushdraw

09-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello.
Here's a hand where I wonder if I should've lost less money.
All players are pretty loose and agreesive so I don't bet my draw on the flop.
On the turn I have what I figure to be the best hand so I bet to not give overcards a freecard and then call the raise because of my flushdraw.

Party Poker (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB raises, MP1 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th 8h (three of a kind, eights).
BB has 9h Ts (straight, jack high).
Outcome: </font>

mack848
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
I would raise the river.

It's better if you don't post results with hands.

newhizzle
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
in the future dont post the results of the hand, they can affect some of the answers you will get

on the flop, i think you need to bet, not because you have a chance of taking down the pot, but for value, if all 3 opponents call you make money off of each bet going in on the flop because your equity in the pot is at least 35%, meaning that you will win more than you 25% share of a 4-way pot

also if your opponents play correctly, BB is not getting correct odds to draw to an inside straight here and you gave it to him for free

id probably raise the river here, but by the results i see that it is good that you didnt

callmedonnie
09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
I would lead out. Gutshot plus flush draw give you 13 outs, plus if no one has a jack you have a few extra outs. You def can't count all six, but counting three wouldn't be bad I guess.

Definitely bet the flop though. Don't be afraid of being raised because your equity is good. Also, if you are going to be and get raised the flop is the time to do it because fo the small bets, not on the turn when it is more expensive.

TheHammer24
09-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I disagree with betting the flop. This is a real small pot and the last thing you want to do is have it go bet, raise, and you be HU OOP with your draw.

I like the way it was played, except I would raise the river.

callmedonnie
09-26-2005, 01:11 PM
This pot is small, but not so small that we shouldn't attempt to win it. On the flop it is two big bets, which is bigger than the pot in all of our blind stealing situations.

Plus, your equity is about 50% (Edit: a bit less, I realize). If you lead out and get more than one caller, you make money. Sure the pot is small, but your bet can help build it which is great with your odds. Check/calling down is too weak a play, which is what I assume you advocate because if you don't like a flop bet, you must hate the turn bet.

TheHammer24
09-26-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop it is two big bets, which is bigger than the pot in all of our blind stealing situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck does that mean?

I advocate a turn bet, you have second pair after the flop was checked through. Looking at it again, I may bet the flop but I don't know if it's necessarily best.

callmedonnie
09-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Sorry about the clarity issues. It was a reference to your logic that this pot is so small that we don't want to bet out and get raised. I was trying to point out that when we steal blinds, which is something that we should be doing when we can, we steal .75 BB (in 2/4 or other games w/ same structure). So taking a stab at stealing 2 BB is worth it. And like I said above, even if we get raised by one caller, our equity makes us good.

ErrantNight
09-26-2005, 01:41 PM
i think you shoulda lost more.