PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

swejed
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Middle of a tournament, rebuy period ended, I have button and approx. 3500 chips (slightly above average), blinds 50-100. Folded to me and I turn up A J of spades. I raise to 350. Sb call, bb folds. Flop Q J 8, with no spades. Sb goes all in (2500 more) and I....?????
Is this a call or fold? and why?
thankful for any help on this hand!

Dave D
09-26-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Middle of a tournament, rebuy period ended, I have button and approx. 3500 chips (slightly above average), blinds 50-100. Folded to me and I turn up A J of spades. I raise to 350. Sb call, bb folds. Flop Q J 8, with no spades. Sb goes all in (2500 more) and I....?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you got SnG'd. I'd fold here personally. Pot's pretty small, you don't need it (you still have 30 bbs). I don't think anyone can really yell at you for folding. But I may be weak tight.

09-26-2005, 10:54 AM
this gross overbet is a little curious but i would give the player credit for a hand. u have plenty of chips and time to come back with a better hand. let him have his fun....for now. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

dmk
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
fold and move on

fnurt
09-26-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you got SnG'd. I'd fold here personally. Pot's pretty small, you don't need it (you still have 30 bbs). I don't think anyone can really yell at you for folding. But I may be weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is really a stop-and-go, it's a pretty miserable situation for one, betting 2500 in the dark to win a 800 pot.

I think you have to let this go, as you could be way behind, but you're unlikely to be very far ahead. You shouldn't reward massive overbets by paying them off with marginal hands.

09-26-2005, 01:48 PM
With AQ i may call, but not AJ. easy fold.