PDA

View Full Version : Bad river fold?

aflaba
09-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Villain is Grejpfrut, 26/17, 2.1

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB.

cartman
09-26-2005, 07:25 AM
I would play this one passively. I think it is very unlikely that he has a hand worse than yours and I think there is almost no chance of him folding on an board this low unless maybe another spade hits. I'm not terribly excited about your pair outs. I would just plan on calling the flop and turn and fold the river unimproved. You may get a free showdown if he checks to you on the river. The way you played it I think the river fold is good.

Cartman

ArturiusX
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would play this one passively. I think it is very unlikely that he has a hand worse than yours and I think there is almost no chance of him folding on an board this low unless maybe another spade hits. I'm not terribly excited about your pair outs. I would just plan on calling the flop and turn and fold the river unimproved. You may get a free showdown if he checks to you on the river. The way you played it I think the river fold is good.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

We're only beating like K4/K5 here, and I don't see those hands betting the flop/3-betting preflop.

Good fold.

aflaba
09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

By raising I open myself up to paying up 1-3SB more when behind, right? So that is bad.

But I don't put him on a too narrow range preflop. I've imagined that many players 3-bet quite liberally from BB. Is this correct or incorrect?

So I raised hoping that later in the hand he would fold mid PP, A-high, K-high, Q-high, other.

On the turn if he is holding KQ, KJ, QJ or similar I think it is probable he would fold. When KQ, KJ fold I win like 6BB I otherwise wouldn't have won.

... hmmm. Thinking about it I think I like your line of calling down more. When playing I had "hopes" of getting A-high and PP to fold as well, but that will seldom be the case? My flop raise didn't really accomplish much?

GTSamIAm
09-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Without reads, I'm not folding, I'm paying off and seeing what he has. I would be tempted to fold preflop also. Why did you bet the turn? Raising the flop is risky anyways for fear of a 3-bet.

tribefan9
09-26-2005, 09:32 AM
I would have checked behind on the turn and called the river, is this bad?

aflaba
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without reads, I'm not folding, I'm paying off and seeing what he has. I would be tempted to fold preflop also. Why did you bet the turn? Raising the flop is risky anyways for fear of a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to fold a few hands like KQ, KJ, QJ. I also thought it was "unlikly" he would risk giving me a free card and going for a ch/r.

Checking behind and then folding river UI might be a better move?

GTSamIAm
09-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I'd probably just call or check every street here. There are so many hands that have you killed, you're burning money if you get called or check/raised on the river. I still think you should call a river check/raise, though, because of the pot size and one more bet to see the player's cards.