PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz

MyTurn2Raise
09-26-2005, 03:33 AM
I've been thinking of locating to a new place.

What are the costs/benefits of Santa Cruz, CA?

I visited there a few years ago, Monterey/ Pacific Grove actually but spent a few nights in Santa Cruz. It seemed fantastic.

Crimson
09-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Its expensive, but its beautiful. PM me any Q's, i live right nere Natural Briges, the West most point.

Evan
09-26-2005, 03:40 AM
They have awesome tacos.

Cancuk
09-26-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They have awesome tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man speaks the truth.

GuyOnTilt
09-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Awesome tacos, 15 Thai restaurants within a mile of each other, a 7-11 guy who tries to get you to invite him to parties you're going to, a homless guy with a whole fleet of shopping carts crossing the road, no cops EVER, hot Lana's, Noah's and Jamba in the morning, prehistoric beetles, a clear view of Kansas, and of course, the Pink Guy.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8576/pinkguy3rf.jpg

GoT

Evan
09-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Fantastic post. I miss summer.

IHateKeithSmart
09-26-2005, 04:47 AM
pittm is from santa cruz as well. he gave me some good info on the town, as i also may be relocating there (gf transferring schools). Sounds like a nice, if expensive, place.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I visited there a few years ago, Monterey/ Pacific Grove actually but spent a few nights in Santa Cruz. It seemed fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

costs: a lot of money.

benefit: i live here. ocean view cardroom is here. t-san is here. i have a homegame here. the weather is beyond perfect here. bay 101 is a half hour away. i love santa cruz with all my heart and ill be really sad when i eventually leave.

non-benefit: evan and GoT left, i miss them.

pm me for more details. i think ive found 6 santa cruz 2p2ers at this point, mostly ucsc kids like me, who wanna get a game together somehow. and anyone else from santa cruz should pm me too if we havent talked before.

rj

ebranig
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Weather is not beyond perfect. Too cold at times, Santa Barbara has better weather.

It's a pretty nice place to live though.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome tacos, 15 Thai restaurants within a mile of each other, a 7-11 guy who tries to get you to invite him to parties you're going to, a homless guy with a whole fleet of shopping carts crossing the road, no cops EVER, hot Lana's, Noah's and Jamba in the morning, prehistoric beetles, a clear view of Kansas, and of course, the Pink Guy.
GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

homeless shopping cart guy's name is oscar. pink guy apparently got arrested for exposing himself to passing women, i dont know what "hot lana's" is, but perhaps i should. jamba juice is good. i often wonder if evan was more scared of the spider he called me to come over and kill or the beetle you guys were shut ins over. in response to "no cops ever" i have been arrested/cited for the following offenses:

-playing basketball in the park after dusk.
-playing basketball on private property.(a wearhouse next to my house had a hoop behind it and i was playing on it).
-suspicion of breaking into cars(because a red cadillac was spotted near a break in, and my friends blue cadillac drew enough suspicion to get us handcuffed and brough to the station only to have the sergeant yell at his officers for arresting us for no reason).
-throwing a water ballon at my friend on a public street. yes, im verrrry mischevious.

and again, we have awesome tacos.

rj

andyfox
09-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Didn't Santa Cruz have a communist mayor at one time? I mean a guy who ran on the communist party ticket and won?

scrub
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's no Berkeley.

scrub

PITTM
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's no Berkeley.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. if i could add more h's i would. nice santa cruz envy. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rj

bravos1
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's no Berkeley.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

True.. cuz in SC you don't have to worry about wondering into Oakland or Richmond and getting butt raped!

PITTM
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
yes. we did.

rj

ebranig
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
homeless shopping cart guy's name is oscar.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know, he's ever present.

ebranig
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, his name is Robert.

sfer
09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

This

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~milch/parade/pic07.jpg

is The Pink Guy and he's strictly Berkeley.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
sweet, we even have a better pink guy. all you guys have is a better(existant) football team.

rj

Evan
09-26-2005, 06:29 PM
We have a video (actually 3) of "our" pink guy.