PDA

View Full Version : poker prophecy

mike3076
09-26-2005, 03:07 AM
what is poker prophecy? i wont go to the site because of the apparent banning of accts, but what is so powerful about it that you cant use it?

newhizzle
09-26-2005, 03:12 AM
it gives you stats on other players history with sngs, basically tells you what percentage of sngs they have finished in the money in

chadplusplus
09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
It just tells you their percentage ITM and number of games, um, datamined/sampled. But this doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know merely by watching the people play at your table.

I only ever used it to occasionally check my friends' stats (objective 3rd party source) so I could talk trash... but I got warned by PP.

I also used it to keep track of my ITM rate, b/c I'm was too lazy to import all those damn emails into PT.

Apparently, its not very accurate.

My question, how 'bout those crazy bastards with the 50+% winrate for over 300 games? (See "Top 50") How many 2+2ers are up there?

09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I used it for a short while before PP banned it. I don't think it was very accurate, always reported my pct. about 3-4% higher than it actually was.

Helpful? Maybe slightly, as far as judging some fish early on in tourney, and seeing those with little experience (few games played) especially when on the bubble.

As far as powerful? Nope.