PDA

View Full Version : Im so sad Party poker blocked my account

YANS24
09-26-2005, 01:50 AM
I come home and party poker froze my account saying that they emailed me several times because i used the 5 free searchs on poker prophecy and im not suppose to. I never even recieved any emails from them about this. Has this happened to anyone else? They said to email them about not recieving the notice emails and of course i havent gotten anything back /images/graemlins/frown.gif Should i just switch sites? and has this happened to anyone else did u get your account back?

tubalkain
09-26-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I come home and party poker froze my account saying that they emailed me several times because i used the 5 free searchs on poker prophecy and im not suppose to. I never even recieved any emails from them about this. Has this happened to anyone else? They said to email them about not recieving the notice emails and of course i havent gotten anything back /images/graemlins/frown.gif Should i just switch sites? and has this happened to anyone else did u get your account back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't those free searches a web-based thing?

If you're not actually running PokerProphecy, how the hell did they find out you searched someone?

YANS24
09-26-2005, 02:00 AM
I have no idea but this is ridiculas i never even got a warning.

09-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Explain your situation and send them a screenshot of your browser history. You have a good case.

Personally I'd prefer to continue playing a site that is so stringent with their security.

chadplusplus
09-26-2005, 02:07 AM
I got a warning about it too. I posted the warning letter on here in the SNG forum (since íts a tool primarily for SNGs). I also only used the 5 free searches which are indeed only web based. Yet, somehow, PP was able to detect it and warned me about it.

Did they take your bankroll? cause they threatened that I'd forfeit any funds in my account if they had to block my account.

Next thing you know, the 2+2 site will be considered an unfair advantage and will be off limits!

YANS24
09-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Wish i would of seen your post or recieved the emails they say they sent me /images/graemlins/frown.gif No they did not take my bankroll. im thinkin about signing up on pokerstars because of this and because of all the times there servers go down, plus they never answer emails. thanks for all the responses guys
Are there anyother sites that use igm pay or should i just sign up for neteller or something

chadplusplus
09-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3468997 &Forum=&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3468997& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=32045&daterange=1&n ewerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post3468997)

Edited to fix link

MicroBob
09-26-2005, 06:14 AM
there's a chance that somehow your ISP is blocking e-mails from one of the party addresses thinking it is spam.

it might not even be in your spam folder. i had troubles getting ANY e-mails from certain online sites for awhile.

Don't think that it's not happening just because you received word from info@party or something...because it's possible that alerts@party or something else is being blocked to you somehow.

I'm not saying this DID happen though. There's also the chance that party never sent you a damn thing even though they said they did.

Miah
09-26-2005, 11:32 AM
This is almost exactly what happened to me with Empire (difference being poker edge). In short, I never received any warning emails, they closed my account and cashed out my $$ to neteller. They threatened to take any funds if I tried opening an account in the future. I sent them multiple emails, no luck. I've been on Eurobet since without a problem.

It actually worked out better for me because I'm getting a higher % back on euro. I just found it incredible that Empire would be so quick to lose a player that generates my kind of volume.

09-26-2005, 12:13 PM
i don't understand this.. what's this free search that they give??? why don't you just search on internet???.... i don't understand. can someone explain? i'm sure simple explanation but i sure don't understand right now.

thanks in advance!!!

Lucien Jacky
09-26-2005, 01:09 PM
pokerprophecy is a site that records the SNG players and results for about 30-40 precent of partys SNG traffic. Sort of similar to pokeredge but for SNGs. You can look up on their web site your record according or other players by entering in a user name in a search field. It says you only get 5 I never reached a limit but I have just gone back and checked my stats every once and a while they seem to have a higher opinion of my play than my pokertracker stats. Party can take screen shots so they can see if you are running this site so I would sugest doing it.

Cheers,
Luca