PDA

View Full Version : $22: I think I've been folding too much on the bubble

Costanza
09-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Still working out of a downswing, and thought a pattern I've seen is that although I feel like I'm doing enough pushing on the bubble, I don't think I've been willing to call enough.

UTG was limping into a lot of pots. Button seemed relatively solid and had started showing some agression as the blinds went up. I'd been, well... folding a lot.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2610)
Button (t2470)
Hero (t1360)
BB (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t300, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t900</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

suited_ace
09-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Very, very easy push.

durron597
09-26-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very, very easy push.

[/ QUOTE ]

pergesu
09-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Holy crap balls.

Pushing on the bubble is FUN. If you're denying yourself a push with AK, I can't even imagine the magnitude of fun you're missing out on.

brimstone1
09-26-2005, 12:36 AM
This is by far one of the easiest pushes.
Please. Push. Always.

Good luck

09-26-2005, 12:42 AM
FOLD YOU CRAZY FOOL WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RISK YOUR WHOLE TOURNAMENT ON A DRAWING HAND!!!!!!!

on a serious note why the hell are you even thinking of folding AK preflop. Even if the guy sent me a screenshot of his computer showing he had AA or KK i would push my AK anyway just on the offchance he was lying.

AK rules it's let me down many times but that's only because I push it every chance I get. (It's also made my tourney many times).

As long as people raise with AQ AJ AT A9 A8 A7 A6 A5 A4 A3 A2 KQ KJ etc etc etc i'm pushing my AK.

I do not know if it's clear from this post, but I like AK

wickss
09-26-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing on the bubble is FUN. If you're denying yourself a push with AK, I can't even imagine the magnitude of fun you're missing out on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fun is not a good enough reason to do something in poker. We at this forum are looking for ways to win. Pushing with AK in this situation seems to have a +EV. Pushing with 23o is also fun in this situation if you win the hand. This does not make it a good reason to do it.

pergesu
09-26-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fun is not a good enough reason to do something in poker. We at this forum are looking for ways to win. Pushing with AK in this situation seems to have a +EV. Pushing with 23o is also fun in this situation if you win the hand. This does not make it a good reason to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
More money = more fun
Pushing with 32o = less money = less fun

Cactus Jack
09-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Folding is certainly not an option. Pushing is an option, but not one I take. I call. (I've used this hand as an example in a thread I started, so my reasons are more outlined there.)

I call because this is a perfect opportunity to knock someone out or at least make them suffer. Your hand is completely concealed. An A or K on the flop, you can check and be sure one or more opponent will bet. Most likely, you'll be all in anyway.

I hope you guys will participate in my thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3499529&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=#Post3499529

CJ

09-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Easy. Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos hhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hornacek
09-26-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy. Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos hhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen
09-26-2005, 10:56 AM
pooo (gasp) pooo (gasp) poooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!!

Nicholasp27
09-26-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is certainly not an option. Pushing is an option, but not one I take. I call. (I've used this hand as an example in a thread I started, so my reasons are more outlined there.)

I call because this is a perfect opportunity to knock someone out or at least make them suffer. Your hand is completely concealed. An A or K on the flop, you can check and be sure one or more opponent will bet. Most likely, you'll be all in anyway.

I hope you guys will participate in my thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3499529&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=#Post3499529

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

are u being serious here?

u are willing just call with 900 of your 1360 chips?

please say you are joking

Costanza
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I pushed here. I had to defend myself a little given the comments so far. But I did actually have to think about it for a minute, though. Too many losses lately with AK v Ax making me a little gunshy. Luckily this wasn't one of those times.

Nobody thinks this is close though? What kind of a range do you put button on here?

Or, let's change the situation slightly. Let's say UTG didn't limp and button pushes all-in. Is this still an easy call?