PDA

View Full Version : too aggressive?

avandelay
05-13-2003, 01:42 AM
another PP 1/2 hand

table somewhat loose/aggressive

I am in the CO and am dealt A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

folded around to me, I raise, button folds, BB and SB call

Flop 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, I raise (at the time I was thinking by showing strength here maybe I can win it now. As i type that doesn't seem so wise), SB and BB call

Turn: 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

BB and SB check, I hesitated but thought that a bet here might indicate strength and besides I figured I had outs. SB folds but BB raises. I call (I think this was my biggest mistake. A re-raise here should have gotten me out)

River: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB bets and I call hoping against hope that I am on top.

Aamzingly (at least to me) BB did not have a Q but showed 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB met a raise with 57 suited and then called a raise with bottom pair and a backdoor flush. Was everyone hopeless on this hand? Anyhting redeeming about my play (or not so redeeming, all comments are most appreciated)?

travisand
05-13-2003, 02:30 AM
I like the play of the hand up until the part where you called the BB's check-raise. You have showed nothing but strength so far and he check-raises you, which indicates he fully expects you to call so it is in no way a bluff.

I would also have folded the river even if I decided to call the turn check-raise.