PDA

View Full Version : My first time

scotty34
09-25-2005, 09:38 PM
No, this is not a thread about me losing my virginity. Perhaps it is more embarassing however to admit that I am 19 years old, and tonight is the first time I've ever cooked my own steak. I've lived in dormrooms the past two years with a common cafeteria and no kitchen. Prior to that I lived with my parents and they did all the cooking. I decided tonight was going to be the night that I do it for my first time. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but I pretended I did anyways.

It was a thinly cut T-Bone steak from the local grocery store. I took it out of the freezer this morning to thaw it out. I placed it out on the counter, and covered one side with Kikkoman Terriyaki Sauce/Marinade, then topped with garlic salt and black pepper.

I spread some oil around the frying pan (I certainly cannot afford a BBQ) and turned the element to medium. I placed the steak in the pan, seasoned side down. I repeated the procedure of sauce, garlic salt, and pepper on the top side.

It took about 2 mins and the bottom was fairly brown, and I flipped it. I waited another 2 mins, cut open the center, and it was browned throughout. It was a small frying pan, and unfortunately, the edges of the meat were still a little red. It was done however, and time for me to enjoy my creation. I dress it up with some Original Bold Bullseye, crack open a Rickards Red beer and begin.

Results: Meat was slightly tough, but absolutely delicious. I shall certainly be doing this more often. Anyone have tips for me?

STLantny
09-25-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, this is not a thread about me losing my virginity. Perhaps it is more embarassing however to admit that I am 19 years old, and tonight is the first time I've ever cooked my own steak. I've lived in dormrooms the past two years with a common cafeteria and no kitchen. Prior to that I lived with my parents and they did all the cooking. I decided tonight was going to be the night that I do it for my first time. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but I pretended I did anyways.

It was a thinly cut T-Bone steak from the local grocery store. I took it out of the freezer this morning to thaw it out. I placed it out on the counter, and covered one side with Kikkoman Terriyaki Sauce/Marinade, then topped with garlic salt and black pepper.

I spread some oil around the frying pan (I certainly cannot afford a BBQ) and turned the element to medium. I placed the steak in the pan, seasoned side down. I repeated the procedure of sauce, garlic salt, and pepper on the top side.

It took about 2 mins and the bottom was fairly brown, and I flipped it. I waited another 2 mins, cut open the center, and it was browned throughout. It was a small frying pan, and unfortunately, the edges of the meat were still a little red. It was done however, and time for me to enjoy my creation. I dress it up with some Original Bold Bullseye, crack open a Rickards Red beer and begin.

Results: Meat was slightly tough, but absolutely delicious. I shall certainly be doing this more often. Anyone have tips for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, buy one of those one person charcaol BBQ pits, and use that. All you need on a steak, is to coat it in olive oil salt and pepper pre-cook, and throw it on the grill. 4 minutes each side.

utmt40
09-25-2005, 09:40 PM
This thread sucks!

scotty34
09-25-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I almost forgot the rule

http://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/judging/TBoneClass/1TBone.jpg http://www.couleecrest.com/images/beef_cuts/tbone.jpg

STLantny
09-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh ya, a REAL BBQ at a flea market/garage sale, runs about 10$.

Drew16
09-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Buy it fresh, dont freeze it. Will cut down on the toughness. Also, after you put your marinade on, set it back in the frige for at least 30mins.

09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No, this is not a thread about me losing my virginity.

[/ QUOTE ]

%#&(*@)(*{(*?/\@##. Suckered by a Subject Line again! /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I was looking for some hot chick's details! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

As to your cooking endeavor. Since I'm here. I'd recommend you never buy wimpy steaks. If it's not at least 3/4" thick, toss it back in the hopper.

mmbt0ne
09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. It'll happen some day.

siccjay
09-25-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. It'll happen some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing!

mmmmmbrother
09-25-2005, 11:24 PM
you dont want it brown all the way though unless your a nit or eating some gay hamburger steak