PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Simpsons

Slow Play Ray
09-25-2005, 09:08 PM
DAMN that was funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

istewart
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
On another note Family Guy has sucked. They even managed to botch the Lou Gehrig joke. WTF.

2+2 wannabe
09-26-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On another note Family Guy has sucked. They even managed to botch the Lou Gehrig joke. WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought family guy was good last night

stewie's travel to w. ferrell's house was great

so was the meg on the phone bit

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah I laughed pretty hard a couple of times. However, the Lou Gehrig joke was not only tasteless, but also not the least bit funny.

2+2 wannabe
09-26-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, the Lou Gehrig joke was not only tasteless, but also not the least bit funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

true

HopeydaFish
09-26-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed pretty hard a few times with Family Guy...which made it worth watching. The episode was really sub-par, though. The whole "working as a prosthetic eye" thing was very strange and not funny at all. And as you guys pointed out, the Lou Gehrig joke was just tasteless and stupid.

Peter ending up naked and drunk two seconds after he was hired for his job at the brewery was hilarious, as was him sitting on Meg's friend's lap while pantless and yelling to Lois that they're out of toilet paper. However, the best part of the episode was Peter having to repeatedly stick his finger in his mentally handicapped supervisor's mouth, and getting bitten each time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

American Dad continues to get better. Last night was another good episode.

09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it kind of sucked too. the w. ferrell setup was funny but the punchline was not. and the caveman scene went on way too long. the other epsiodes have still been decent so last night was just an anomaly i guess.

pokerdirty
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it kind of sucked too. the w. ferrell setup was funny but the punchline was not. and the caveman scene went on way too long. the other epsiodes have still been decent so last night was just an anomaly i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with the new Family Guy. A lot of the flashbacks are too long and what makes it worse is that they aren't as funny as they used to be. It seems that this show is about to (if it already hasn't) jump the shark.

and i agree with whoever said American Dad is getting better and better. They need to have more funny quotes from the fish though.

istewart
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I laughed pretty hard a couple of times. However, the Lou Gehrig joke was not only tasteless, but also not the least bit funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless? It wasn't funny but if you're offended by that I'm not sure you should watch Family Guy.

TheBlueMonster
09-26-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason it was so funny: we knew exactly where the joke was going and yet they didn't rush it; they built it up to the most annoying degree and still went through with what everyone expected.

Wes ManTooth
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Alright Mr. Griffin, jobs you think you would be suited for, lets see what you wrote...
cowboy
astronaut
warlock
more powerful astronaut
beer expert."

HopeydaFish
09-26-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless? It wasn't funny but if you're offended by that I'm not sure you should watch Family Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine to be tasteless as long as it's funny. I'm not saying I was offended or anything...I just thought the scene was dumb.

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine to be tasteless as long as it's funny. I'm not saying I was offended or anything...I just thought the scene was dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless + funny = raucous laughter

Tasteless + not funny = uncomfortable silence

xorbie
09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with the new Family Guy. A lot of the flashbacks are too long and what makes it worse is that they aren't as funny as they used to be. It seems that this show is about to (if it already hasn't) jump the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely waaaay too many flashbacks in family guy these days, especially because you just see it coming, it's not funny or new or anything. The Will Ferrel one was good, the King Arthur one was good, the rest is blah. And the prosthetic eye thing definitely sucked.

2+2 wannabe
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Alright Mr. Griffin, jobs you think you would be suited for, lets see what you wrote...
cowboy
astronaut
warlock
more powerful astronaut
beer expert."

[/ QUOTE ]

or the paddle/ball thing

"hehehehehe aaah aaaahahha NOW I'M BORED WITH IT"

haha

pokerdirty
09-26-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[busts into sci fi convention]

"Oh my god, who's manning the internet??!?"

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha YES! Great line.

I'm home, let's play hearts.

pokerdirty
09-26-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha YES! Great line.

[/ QUOTE ]

no can do. i'm leaving work now, and my computer really is broken. we'll have a rematch soon though.

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha YES! Great line.

[/ QUOTE ]

no can do. i'm leaving work now, and my computer really is broken. we'll have a rematch soon though.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah.

DrSavage
09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I really enjoyed the "I've married this 11 year old girl for all the wrong reasons" joke.

Supersetoy
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! Unfortunately I had to turn it off after they came home from the batting cages.

"I could tell he had a good time because when we left he started crying"

HAHAHAH! My girlfriend forced me to turn it off and come take a shower with her. Not really forced, but she made the whole "scale" sign with her hands.

Her (standing naked in front of me): Hmmm, 'American Dad' or us in the shower? Is this really that tough of a decision for you?

No, it's not.

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAH! My girlfriend forced me to turn it off and come take a shower with her. Not really forced, but she made the whole "scale" sign with her hands.

Her (standing naked in front of me): Hmmm, 'American Dad' or us in the shower? Is this really that tough of a decision for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you need Tivo. Turns out you really CAN have your cake and eat it too.

Supersetoy
09-26-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you need Tivo. Turns out you really CAN have your cake and eat it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, the Simpson's opening tripped me out.

Cancer Merchant
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! Unfortunately I had to turn it off after they came home from the batting cages.

No, it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

But did you need gatorade afterwards?

Mason Hellmuth
09-26-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend forced me to turn it off and come take a shower with her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ass.

Supersetoy
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

But did you need gatorade afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here? A OOT joke? No, I never need gatorade, but I like it. Even the crappy blue kind has grown on me.

Supersetoy
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend forced me to turn it off and come take a shower with her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I thought about it for 3 seconds or so before I made my decision. Watching her shave is a thing of beauty.

Anything good happen on American Dad after the batting cages though?