PDA

View Full Version : $33 ATo ITM

mike28
09-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Neither player has stepped out of line yet...

***** Hand History for Game 2774718868 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:16064170 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Sunday, September 25, 18:36:41 EDT 2005
Table Table 11529 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 9: Hero ( $1775 )
Seat 10: BDarch ( $3465 )
Seat 8: kenwel ( $2760 )
Trny:16064170 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero[ Ac Th ]
kenwel calls [150]
Hero...

splashpot
09-25-2005, 06:58 PM
See a flop. The blinds are still fairly small.

09-25-2005, 07:03 PM
How often has this player limped with high blinds?

A limp here either means trapping with a big pair or a mediocre hand that wants to see a flop like JTs or QJ.

Instinct says that many players are more willing to limp and see flops once they're ITM. Unless this is the only time you've seen a limp since 50/100 or even 25/50 from this player, I'm pushing on the assumption that he will fold his weak holding.

Maulik
09-25-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

A limp here either means trapping with a big pair or a mediocre hand that wants to see a flop like JTs or QJ.

Instinct says that many players are more willing to limp and see flops once they're ITM. Unless this is the only time you've seen a limp since 50/100 or even 25/50 from this player, I'm pushing on the assumption that he will fold his weak holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no no.

i'd raise 3x bb and go from there.

09-25-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no no.

i'd raise 3x bb and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the logic behind that line?

It seems like AT could easily be the best hand at the table right now. Why not pick up the 375 already out on the table?

RikaKazak
09-25-2005, 08:12 PM
VERY player dependant, either limp or push, depends on if you think button is trapping or not, in my experience, I push.

Maulik
09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I do not beleive its necessary to push so early w/ the blinds are small, why risk more than necessary?

09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not beleive its necessary to push so early w/ the blinds are small, why risk more than necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, if it's becasue blinds are too small, then at what level, given these stack sizes, would a push be okay? Do you push this at 100/200?

I think if you raise 3xbb, the BB usually folds and the limper calls you becasue you just gave him awesome odds to see a flop. Now Hero has to act first after the flop with 975 in the pot. Most of the time you miss the flop. If you check it, Villian will likely bet.

In this way, a 3xbb raise necessitates a stop and go on the flop. If that flop contains a Q or a K (and maybe even a J), Hero will often get called by a hand that beats him.

So, I say a 3xbb raise actually involves more risk than a push pre-flop.

I'd like to hear more opinions on this hand.

mosdef
09-25-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see it maulik. if you raise to, say 450 here, what's gonna happen:

1. he folds. ok, that's good but presumably he would have folded to a push as well. also, the push makes it less likely that BB will come along.

2. he reraises. then you...fold? no way, not with 1300 behind and 1300ish already in the pot. so you're stuck calling with AT. ugh.

3. he calls. now you are out of position with 1300 chips and a 1050 pot. so when you whiff the flop, you gonna let it go? no freakin way. you cbet. but your cbet is 1/2 your stack. so it may as well be your whole stack. so you may as well have pushed.

the ONLY way i can see that a small raise works is if you can call, then push a flop of rags when opponent has a higher ace, and get him to fold on the flop i.e. run it as a stop-n-go on him. but i don't see that we have enough of a stack here to raise-and-play-it-from-there. there's no room to play after that much money gets in the pot.

anyway, that was me cutting up your play. i push here, because i don't want to limp and play AT three-way out of position.