PDA

View Full Version : i'm seeing a new trend?

Annulus
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
first of all im not a big fan of pokerprophecy, its mostly entertainment and chip thrills. i usually dont even run it. i dont want to discuss that software at all, its not even that accurate. with that cleared up, today I noticed a weird trend. at my first 4 $55's i ran today, they averaged 8 pros per table. they were tough games thats for sure. are sunday afternoons becoming -EV?

Degen
09-25-2005, 05:53 PM
they use the term 'pro' very loosely, namely they do not factor in sample size

weekends afternoons/evenings are generally very juicy

Annulus
09-25-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they use the term 'pro' very loosely, namely they do not factor in sample size

weekends afternoons/evenings are generally very juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

they use the term pro loosely. for those who do not know, anyone with an ITM over 40 % they list as a pro. there numbers are not exact, but I will admit, mine are fairly close.

anyways a so called pro just called my KQ push on the bubble with J5 suited to knock me out. my stack was 1000 and he had 1200 with blinds 100/200. lol.

Degen
09-25-2005, 06:31 PM
exactly

i find prophecy much more useful for seeing how much somebody plays...if they have massive sample, its probably pretty close to accurate...if they have a small sample you can bet pretty sure they don't understand proper SNG structure

ilya
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyways a so called pro just called my KQ push on the bubble with J5 suited to knock me out. my stack was 1000 and he had 1200 with blinds 100/200. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may be a fish. he may also understand something about bubble play which you don't seem to understand. it's impossible to tell from the little info you provide.

but yes, prophecy is inaccurate. my real ITM is about 39-40% and they have me at 44-45%.

bones
09-25-2005, 11:38 PM
I went to prophecy to look at my stats and couldn't help but notice the page title in the top margin of IE.

"Life can be so tragic you're here today and here tomorrow"

Okay..

wiggs73
09-25-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to prophecy to look at my stats and couldn't help but notice the page title in the top margin of IE.

"Life can be so tragic you're here today and here tomorrow"

Okay..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep and if you refresh the page, that quote will change. Isn't that something?

09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Is that to keep Party/skins from sniffing out a Prophecy user?

MegaBet
09-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Sunday is by far the best day to play for +EV.

Annulus
09-25-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was UTG and pushed he called from the small blind. sorry to leave out relevant information. but he sucked plain and simple with that move.
he may be a fish. he may also understand something about bubble play which you don't seem to understand. it's impossible to tell from the little info you provide.

but yes, prophecy is inaccurate. my real ITM is about 39-40% and they have me at 44-45%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annulus
09-25-2005, 11:54 PM
my last post is all scrambled up. its late, ive been playing poker all day. im a donk. good night.

ilya
09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was UTG and pushed he called from the small blind. sorry to leave out relevant information. but he sucked plain and simple with that move.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeaaah that's bad.