PDA

View Full Version : CodePoker $1000 October bonus

09-25-2005, 03:27 PM
50% bonus on profits under these conditions : min 1500 RH = $300 max / min 2500 RH = $600 max / min 4500 RH = $1000 max - No contributed raked hands.

GMan42
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Hmm...could be interesting if there's any games going. Anyone know what network this site is part of?

Of course with my luck I'll be up big early and then fall back to breakeven just as I get to the 1500 hand mark. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Well that still looks useless.

Thanks for the spam!

Bradyams
09-25-2005, 07:32 PM
This bonus sucks pretty bad unless you play really high limits. Probably wouldn't be worth the time for anyone playing under 15/30 tops, and I highly doubt this site has many games going that are over 3/6.

09-26-2005, 02:58 AM
It's part of the Prima network and you certainly don't have to play 15/30 to profit $2,000 in a month.

scrapperdog
09-26-2005, 03:05 AM
I dont see why people say this sucks ... 50% in profit can be a lot for a winning player. If this site is gonna run this promotion over and over I will play there. If you are a break even player who makes money through bonuses I can see why it would suck, but for a winning player this is a lot of free money.

timprov
09-26-2005, 03:29 AM
You need to earn $20/100 to be equivalent to a 10x bonus, $32/100 for 7x, and $40/100 for 5x. These are not trivial winrates at small stakes.

scrapperdog
09-26-2005, 04:11 AM
If you play .5/1 NL and can manage 5 double ups a week, less than 1 per day, you would clear the full grand. For a good winning low stakes player this bonus could be fantastic. For a winning higher stakes player it would be even better.

09-26-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont see why people say this sucks ... 50% in profit can be a lot for a winning player. If this site is gonna run this promotion over and over I will play there. If you are a break even player who makes money through bonuses I can see why it would suck, but for a winning player this is a lot of free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It is "free-money" for winning players. It's the 2nd month they offer such a bonus, so I guess they might continue with it.

Bradyams
09-26-2005, 10:04 AM
I didn't want to run through the math, but here it goes.

If you are a 2 BB/100 winning player at 5/10, and let's say you want to play enough to take advantage of the full $1000. This means you need to win $2000. Now assuming you maintain your rate of 2BB/100 this will take 10,000 hands. Then you get your $1000, and that's basically a 10x bonus. Not bad. So I guess my normal assumption of 15/30 or higher was wrong.

Let's say you play 2/4 however (an average limit for us bonus whores), and you want the best deal which is the $1000 bonus. Now let's say you make 2.5BB/100. You would have to play 20,000 hands to get the full $1000. That's a 20x bonus. I'd rather spend my month play 10x, and better bonuses.

The part I think that makes this difficult is the lack of games on the Prima network. Maybe it's the time of day I've played on there, but I know I could never find more than a couple 2/4 tables to play at.

scrapperdog
09-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Brady how many bonuses a month do you clear? It takes a lot of 50$ bonuses to add up to a grand.... My normal game is .25/.5 NL poker and I have made 2k in a month a few times playing at these low stakes. Trust me when I say no one gave me a free extra grand for doing so.

I dont like playing for small bonuses even though they add up. The reason being that a 30$ bonus for say 300 hands is fine, except it takes me a while to get warmed up, get the dynamics of the table down, and by the time I start playing real poker the bonus is halfway cleared and I have yet to make any money.

This bonus might not be for everyone, but the posts calling it spam and saying it sucks are wrong IMO. It has a place for a certain type of player. It might suck for others, but it does have a place for some.

Bradyams
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Hollywood Poker has some $5,000 bonus that has some ridiculous clearing structure. Nobody has ever given me 5 grand, so that should sound appealing, but it's not. Poker is all about searching out the greatest +EV and hourly rate. I'd rather spend my time playing a few small bonuses that add $15/hr to my hourly rate rather than $8/hr. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter how much you get in the long run. I'm trying to find a way to get the most money for the least amount of work. As long as their are bonuses out there offering better than 20x, I'm not going for this.

Also, 20x is pretty high, and that's what this bonus is at 2/4. If you go for this at anything lower than 2/4, you're crazy. If you play 2/4 or higher, have fun finding good tables on the Prima network. The 1/2 on there is full of rocks. I can't imagine what 2/4 and higher is like.

scrapperdog
09-27-2005, 01:19 AM
If you have limited time this bonus is not for you.
If you have multiple bonuses to clear this month already this bonus is not for you.
If you dont like prima this bonus is not for you.
If you are a break even player who depends on the bonus to put him over the top this bonus is not for you.

If you feel like you can win 2 grand at this site in a months time this bonus is for you.
If you have the to time to devote to winning 2k this bonus is for you.
If you only have a few accounts and dont have a lot of bonuses to clear this bonus might be for you.

My point is not that this bonus is for everyone. But for a certain type of player, this bonus works, and calling it spam and saying it sucks is rude, not to mention incorrect. This is not directed to any 1 person I just feel dany got shafted, and hope he posts if this bonus happens again next month.

Bradyams
09-27-2005, 02:43 AM
I agree it isn't spam. I'm just pointing out it's not nearly as good as it looks.

I honestly don't see why you'd do this bonus.

One alternative to high volume bonus clearing would be to play at Absolute where you pretty much get unlimited 10x bonuses, the software is a tad better, the support is a million times better, and the player base is by far better.

It's your choice though. I honestly couldn't care less what you decide to go for. I'm just pointing out in a friendly manner that it's not the best decision if you are looking to make the most money you possibly can (high volume play or not).

chessmaster
09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
You actually dont have to be a winning player to take advantage of this bonus, this is just not a bonus for grinding out, but for taking high-variance shots.
Lets say you deposit $500 each month and play some MTTs,
and bust your deposit 80% of the time and make $2000 the other 20%, which is exactly breaking even (though with really high variance). If you hit you can just grind out the 4500 raked hands at any level, which basically gives you a $1k 4.5x bonus every fifth month.
It would obviously be better though if you are a winning MTT player to increase the 20% figure and to have a big enough bankroll to stand up the crazy swings for this approach.
Maybe this is exactly the bonus a maniac wants to have /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-27-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute where ... the software is a tad better

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's software makes me miss my Commodore 64.

09-27-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You actually dont have to be a winning player to take advantage of this bonus, this is just not a bonus for grinding out, but for taking high-variance shots.
Lets say you deposit $500 each month and play some MTTs,
and bust your deposit 80% of the time and make $2000 the other 20%, which is exactly breaking even (though with really high variance). If you hit you can just grind out the 4500 raked hands at any level, which basically gives you a $1k 4.5x bonus every fifth month.
It would obviously be better though if you are a winning MTT player to increase the 20% figure and to have a big enough bankroll to stand up the crazy swings for this approach.
Maybe this is exactly the bonus a maniac wants to have /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not that much high-variance. If you play more than 4500 RH a month, you could probably ask for a rakeback, which would lower your P&L volatility.

Bradyams
09-27-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute where ... the software is a tad better

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's software makes me miss my Commodore 64.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima's software makes me want to stab my eyes out with a salad fork.

May
09-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I actually had the required 1500 raked hands for September and achieved a profit of 500 on the 10th of the month. I stopped playing since then and i will wait until the end of the month and i will get my 250$ bonus. In the meantime i play on Empire with my Rakeback and will return back to Code in the beginning of October.

Skjonne
09-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Sounds interesting. I checked the site and their defintion of "profit": Balance(Oct 31) - Balance (Sep 30) - deposits - deposit bonuses

Withdrawels are not mentioned indicating that those will be subtracted from your profits, i.e. you cannot withdraw from the site the entire month without penalizing your bonus heavily.

Anybody knows something about this? Is this really so?

Skjonne
09-28-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds interesting. I checked the site and their defintion of "profit": Balance(Oct 31) - Balance (Sep 30) - deposits - deposit bonuses

Withdrawels are not mentioned indicating that those will be subtracted from your profits, i.e. you cannot withdraw from the site the entire month without penalizing your bonus heavily.

Anybody knows something about this? Is this really so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone? Please....

May
09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Good point that you bring.

I actually believe that you must keep the money in the balance until the end of the month since the T&C says that they will deduct the balance of the beginning of the month from the balance of the end of the month. Logically, if the balance at the end of the month stands at 0 your profit would actually be negative. I actually will keep the money in my account until the end of the month but you should ask them your question. Or what you could maybe do is to deposit back before the end on the month but then they would probably count this as a deposit and deduct it from your profit. Well, I am not sure... the best thing is probably to ask them directly.

09-30-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good point that you bring.

I actually believe that you must keep the money in the balance until the end of the month since the T&C says that they will deduct the balance of the beginning of the month from the balance of the end of the month. Logically, if the balance at the end of the month stands at 0 your profit would actually be negative. I actually will keep the money in my account until the end of the month but you should ask them your question. Or what you could maybe do is to deposit back before the end on the month but then they would probably count this as a deposit and deduct it from your profit. Well, I am not sure... the best thing is probably to ask them directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

... I guess they want you to be tempted to play on your profits /images/graemlins/smile.gif