PDA

View Full Version : Quick turn question - 3/6 nl

Raven
09-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 6$ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($516.95)
SB ($884.09)
BB ($461.25)
UTG ($1744.55)
Hero ($591)
CO ($588.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $14.

Flop: ($43) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30.

Turn: ($103) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

So should I bet or check here ?
Assume a somewhat loose preflop opponent but who is not crazy postflop, he has something if he called that flop.

I dont know if this is really interesting but I had some trouble to see what is the most profitable line here.

captZEEbo1
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't mind checking here, but it's a bitch when he has A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and hits a flush for free. Most people recommend betting though I think

Garland
09-25-2005, 03:44 PM
If given no read, you need to bet the turn. You don't want to give gutshots like KQ, QJ, KJ or a loose /images/graemlins/diamond.gif a free shot to river you. The true question in the hand would be what to do if check-raised because then you'd have to ask what the likelihood he'd do it with the bare K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 pair, set, etc. Also it would be bad for metagame considerations to play scared every time a 3rd suited card turns, 6-max especially.

Another thing I'd do is bet more on the flop, probably $40 or the whole pot. The only reason I'd bet less is to give a false read of weakness hoping my opponent will make a play at me.

Garland

Gregg777
09-25-2005, 04:58 PM
No info on villain?

Garland is right, at least pot this flop, I would bet $50.

If villain is fairly straight forward, I would 2/3 pot the turn and give it up if he pushes, anything less, call because you still have outs.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if this is really interesting but I had some trouble to see what is the most profitable line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had more information on the villain you would get better responses.

Raven
09-25-2005, 06:31 PM
I went for 30 $ on the flop because its my standard continuation bet after a raise and I dont want to varie my betting amount when I have a weak or strong hand.

I did not give much info on the villain because its a common situation and I wanted to know what are the main factors to take into consideration for the decision of checking or betting the turn.

My tought are that I make the villain fold most of his hands on the turn if I bet. He will usually call me with a pairof Ace with/or a high diamond or check-raise me with a made flush on the turn.

If I check the main draw-back is that I give a free card for the flush but he will have a diamond about 50 % of the time and will make a flush witouth me making a full something like 18 % of the time he have a diamond, so I will suffer from it about 9 % of the time, so its not that much.

But with a check I get a free card for the full if he have the flush, and I will usually extract more of him if he have just a pair of Aces.

Lucky
09-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I probably pot flop and check turn. You're also giving yourself a free card. If he's alread got flush and you pick up boat on river, you'll make some money as he overplays his hand.

Hattifnatt
09-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I bet $60.

Allinlife
09-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I usually check here unless I know villan has very loose calling requirements..the problem with betting turn is that worse hands fear the flush card and seldom call the bet.

checking turn lets you have easier decisions on river..call if bet to and bet if checked to and raise you fill.

Spladle Master
09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually check here unless I know villan has very loose calling requirements..the problem with betting turn is that worse hands fear the flush card and seldom call the bet.

checking turn lets you have easier decisions on river..call if bet to and bet if checked to and raise you fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

wdeadwyler
09-26-2005, 12:43 AM
I would also check cuz fish love to c/r their made flushes on turn. If you fill on the river get it in, if you dont call a PSB. But what do I know the stakes are way over my head.

amoeba
09-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I check as I don't mind losing a small pot to a river 4 flush but I don't want to lose out the chance to stack him if I fill nor do I want to lose the value I get from him betting the river on a blocker with a non flush the majority of th time that the river does not come a 4th flush card.