PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 River

mmcd
09-25-2005, 03:07 PM
4 handed.

I open utg with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Button who is very LAG 3-bets. BB, who I haven't ever played short with before but is a decent/solid full game player calls the 2, and I call.

FLOP:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, I raise, button folds, BB calls.

TURN:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, BB calls.

RIVER:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets...

NLSoldier
09-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Call.

Justin A
09-25-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB, who I haven't ever played short with before but is a decent/solid full game player

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.

sthief09
09-25-2005, 03:19 PM
when he bets the flop, I think it's probably a vulnerable hand with no spade. so AQ, AJ, AT, KQ. when he bets the turn I don't think that changes much. he clearly just doesn't want to give a free card. however, at this point I'm wondering why he didn't just 3-bet the flop if he has 2 pair. then he bets at the river again. it looks like he's trying to stop a free showdown. if he filled up why wouldn't he checkraise? you've represented a strong hand. maybe he is worried he's beat but "has to bet" anyway. so given his line I don't think you'll be 3-bet if you riase. but why would he just bet again with AJ or AT? stop a free showdown and bet now that he has a board kicker? this doesn't make sense to me.

he played this hand so weird. I think his line is somewhat in line with 2 pair (KQ makes the most sense to me) and not so much with AJ or AT, but I still think you can pay him off. his line is too weird to throw the hand away

TStoneMBD
09-25-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

rest is well played of course.

mmcd
09-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Obviously I called here, but this hand just felt really wierd to me. The river bet really left me scratching my head. I certainly can't fold here, but I wonder if raising/folding to a 3-bet wouldn't have been a better line (but I wanted to see wtf he would play like this). If he had 2 pair, I'd expect him to jam it a little more somewhere. As a matter of fact, when he initially bet out on the flop, thats what I put him on and I expected to play a big pot with him.

FWIW, he had quads.

maxpowers21
09-26-2005, 10:02 AM
If he did indeed have quads then he played this hand pretty terrible.

mmcd
09-26-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he did indeed have quads then he played this hand pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought the opposite save for the lack of a river checkraise.

In terms of the preflop non-cap, on the negative side, it allows me to take a flop if I hold raggy offsuit aces, K9, etc., but on the positive side, it sets me or the lag on the button up to spew against him on raggy flops.

In terms of his postflop play, It seems like maybe he recognized that I initially put him on 2 pair or the like from his flop bet and wanted to play a big pot, and if I was willing to play a big pot against 2 pair on that board, botton set doesn't look too good. Additionally, I could have had a hand like A8 (no spade) that couldn't stand a lot of heat.

I was actually impressed that he managed not to spew against me on the flop/turn.