PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Color

09-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Clarkmeister's thread reminded me of this.

In some of the rougher cattle stations in outback Australia, there is a tradition of training cattledogs to attack certain people. This consists of putting a dog in a bag and beating it with a stick for a while, and then getting a black man - or white depending on the local population - to open up the bag, usually on a dare. The dog then attacks him, and forever has a hatred of people of a certain color.

Now I know this is cruel and terrible and all that, but do they do this anywhere else in the world or is this specifically Australian?

MrTrik
09-25-2005, 03:01 PM
First I've heard of it.

Eurotrash
09-25-2005, 03:04 PM
this sounds rather cruel and I've never heard of it.

but I've really got to know, what kind of orange Oscar the Grouch knockoff is that in your avatar? I'm not up on my muppet knowledge.

RunDownHouse
09-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Jesus. Are you an Australian rancher or what? How'd you come by this knowledge?

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I can't believe there are people that have never heard of this.

09-25-2005, 05:10 PM
RAHR RAAHHHRRR RAH-Oh Sorry ... oh my god, I'm so sorry, I can't believe I just did that, that just completely isn't me. I get it from my father, he's from a different generation. I am so sorry, I have no problem with black people, I vote Democrat.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get it from my father, he's from a different generation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't know anyone doing it today, but it was common for another generation.

Jimbo
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe there are people that have never heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake,

I have heard of alien sightings, does this mean aliens exist?

TheIrishThug
09-25-2005, 06:21 PM
i think it depends. if u heard it from a friend of a friend, it's not true. but if it was from the internet or tv, then clearly it must be true.

Mr_J
09-25-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm an aussie and have never heard of this. Course I don't live in the outback, but live in a major city like nearly every other australia.

"then getting a black man"

FWIW there are no blacks in outback australia. There are africans in the cities though.

Tron
09-25-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm an aussie and have never heard of this. Course I don't live in the outback, but live in a major city like nearly every other australia.

"then getting a black man"

FWIW there are no blacks in outback australia. There are africans in the cities though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't the Aboriginies count as "black"?

iMsoLucky0
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
My dog goes nuts when the postaroo.com commercial comes on Fox. He hates the cartoon drawing of the kangaroo for some reason. That's the only thing on TV that bothers him at all.

Weird.

Duke
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
RAHR RAAHHHRRR RAH-Oh Sorry ... oh my god, I'm so sorry, I can't believe I just did that, that just completely isn't me. I get it from my father, he's from a different generation. I am so sorry, I have no problem with black people, I vote Democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You show much promise.

~D