PDA

View Full Version : Why are people in MA sooo crazy?

DeadMoneyOC
09-25-2005, 02:33 PM
This is what it comes down to folks. People from Massachusetts are stupid(not all of course). I saw two fights last night that started over nothing. I was also in one fight that started over nothing. Each time the fight was started by a crazy kid with a B on top of his hat who talked like a [censored]-tard and took a very very minor issue waaaay too far. I personally dont care too much as I find it funny more than anything but I know there are a lot of MA people here so I am searching for my answer. What is wrong with people from this state? Why does everyone here think they are a super-tough guy?

Also why do people here sport the t-shirt under the polo shirt/dress shirt and then unbutton all the buttons? Dont they realize that they look retarded? This is a much more minor issue but never the less validates my point.

InchoateHand
09-25-2005, 02:34 PM
What are you comparing them to, people in Vermont?

Oh those crazy massholes!

kenberman
09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
f u

DeadMoneyOC
09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you comparing them to, people in Vermont?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention I am from CA. I study in a school outside Boston though.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:37 PM
This is a perfect spot for that Morgan O'Mally account.

Toro
09-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Lived here all my life and it's the first time I've heard someone accuse us all of thinking we're too tough. I hear that about guys from NYC or Jersey or Philly but never Boston or MA.

Must have been an isolated incident.

MelK
09-25-2005, 02:39 PM
You hear things about those MA drivers though.

Los Feliz Slim
09-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Because we are drunk, obviously. And most of our parents were drunk while we grew up, making us even more mean-spirited.

How you like THEM apples?

Toro
09-25-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst fcuking drivers in the World.

DeadMoneyOC
09-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Dont get me started on growing up gotti syndrome(guidos from NY and NJ). At least those kids know how to dress decent though.

09-25-2005, 02:44 PM
I was so sad when I found that someone had beaten me to this reply...

Do you like apples?

Los Feliz Slim
09-25-2005, 02:47 PM
And they share the OC's passion for cologne, too!

benza13
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I am from MA. Please do not assume that just because you saw some fucktards in Boston dressed like that that most people that age from MA dress like that. As far as the attitude problems in MA, its at least half the reason that I am moving to CO. Fights in the bars (and on the streets) are pretty damn common everytime I go out, which is not that often anymore.

RunDownHouse
09-25-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we are drunk, obviously. And most of our parents were drunk while we were in utero, making us even more mean-spirited.

How you like THEM apples?

[/ QUOTE ]
No need to make the obligatory Good Will Hunting/Boston reference either.

gildwulf
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is what it comes down to folks. People from Massachusetts are stupid(not all of course). I saw two fights last night that started over nothing. I was also in one fight that started over nothing. Each time the fight was started by a crazy kid with a B on top of his hat who talked like a [censored]-tard and took a very very minor issue waaaay too far. I personally dont care too much as I find it funny more than anything but I know there are a lot of MA people here so I am searching for my answer. What is wrong with people from this state? Why does everyone here think they are a super-tough guy?

Also why do people here sport the t-shirt under the polo shirt/dress shirt and then unbutton all the buttons? Dont they realize that they look retarded? This is a much more minor issue but never the less validates my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the f*ck are you f*cking talking about f*ckface...you wanna go? Me and Sully will kick your f*cking a$$...

:P

grandgnu
09-25-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm from Mass. From what I've heard, we're a more fast-paced state than a lot of others out there. People always rushing around, dealing with a terribly designed road system and crappy drivers, etc.

Just a very stressful state, while other parts of the country are a bit slower and more relaxed.

nothumb
09-25-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Virginia is worse. Rural Virginia. People stop on approach ramps to the interstate. It's insane.

NT

miajag81
09-25-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Virginia is worse. Rural Virginia. People stop on approach ramps to the interstate. It's insane.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens in Maryland as well. Bad drivers are everywhere, but Florida is the worst I have ever seen.

jba
09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
seriously what's with the fighting? stupid for grown men to fight over nothing. that's the only thing I don't get about this place.

Sponger15SB
09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw two fights last night that started over nothing. I was also in one fight that started over nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to every college town ever.

PoBoy321
09-25-2005, 05:10 PM
People from MA are just bitter because they realize that Boston's relevance peaked some time in the late 18th century and have a serious inferiority complex, especially around people from NY, and feel that they need some way to show that they are better/tougher than everyone else when, in fact, they're all a bunch of [censored] pussies.

Toro
09-25-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People from MA are just bitter because they realize that Boston's relevance peaked some time in the late 18th century and have a serious inferiority complex, especially around people from NY, and feel that they need some way to show that they are better/tougher than everyone else when, in fact, they're all a bunch of [censored] pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's it.

grandgnu
09-25-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boooooeeeeyyyy! It's own! Prepare for TOTAL PWNAGE BIATCHES! *sharpens teeth to prepare the ankle-biting assault upon NY*

C'mon man, I'll play you heads-up, any stakes, let's do it, you got the balls? Huh, huh? I'm five foot nuttin, you can't handle this, bare-knuckles, you and me, heck, you can have three friends for tag-team help, I'll take you ALL on!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Toro
09-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Even in the city that has a big assed chair for a mascot?

grandgnu
09-25-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even in the city that has a big assed chair for a mascot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's it boooooooeeeeeeyyy!! It's East meets West in a straight-up mu-shu matchup! Be there!

To make it a bit more interesting, you bring a chair built in YOUR city, and I'll bring a chair built in MY city, we'll see which one holds up (provided I can even pick one of these buggers up to hit you with it) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gildwulf
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We saved your ass in WW3.

09-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Massa-chooose-its.

Setting aside some outstanding sports franchises, more than a few locales relevant to the founding of this nation, a couple of well-known institutions of higher-learning, a phenominal medical facility or two and a fine symphony orchestra, here's what comes to my mind when this state is mentioned:

Ted Kennedy - an unindicted-commiter-of-homicide
The 8 billion dollar tunnel - that's still not fixed

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dibbs
09-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I always thought it was an east coast thing, or just a late teen early twenties male thing. In the brief time I've spent in northern cal and oregon people are a lot more layed back it seemed.

Boston and the the burbs, Providence, New York, I've seen this everywhere up and down. NH/Vermont isn't as bad.

I think in general it could be a vast number of sports fans are stupid and have a lot of pent up rage and choose to vent it in odd spots.

BeerMoney
09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
People in Massachusetts like to get really drunk.

The guys get in fights cause all the women are fat, gross, and kunty.

smb394
09-25-2005, 08:10 PM
I think it's a Northeast thing. The edginess you describe is what I often see when I go out in Philly. People out here just seem to have a chip on the shoulder.

Prevaricator
09-25-2005, 08:23 PM
you might be confusing "people from MA" with "red sox fans."

Toro
09-25-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Massa-chooose-its.

Setting aside some outstanding sports franchises, more than a few locales relevant to the founding of this nation, a couple of well-known institutions of higher-learning, a phenominal medical facility or two and a fine symphony orchestra, here's what comes to my mind when this state is mentioned:

Ted Kennedy - an unindicted-commiter-of-homicide
The 8 billion dollar tunnel - that's still not fixed

[/ QUOTE ]

That tunnel cost almost 14 billion and is worth every penny. Where else in the world can you get a free car wash on the way to work.

ChipWrecked
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I grew up in the South. We appreciate Boston. It's so racist it makes Southerners look good by comparison.

(I was born in Chicago, though, and that's a city loaded with obnoxious fucktards as well)

rory
09-25-2005, 08:45 PM
whatahyah, retahdid?

Slow Play Ray
09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Bah.

Don't alcohol-fueled fights start over nothing everywhere?

Last night I was out in Boston, completely wasted, and I spit a straw-full of Scorpion Bowl at my buddy. I have no idea why I did this. He retaliated by dumping an entire beer in my head. We didn't fight though.

Also, I saw more popped collars than I've ever seen in my life. How did this stupid fad catch on? Is that a legitimate reason to fight someone? I think it is.

09-25-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That tunnel cost almost 14 billion and is worth every penny. Where else in the world can you get a free car wash on the way to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFAO. Touche!

youtalkfunny
09-26-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am from MA... As far as the attitude problems in MA, its at least all of the reason that I moved away, and rarely visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know I was planning to move back there this summer.

But then I decided at the last minute that I didn't want to spend 1000's to move to a place where my rent, taxes, and insurance would all DOUBLE, to live in a smaller, older, weather-beaten, no-yard-having place.

savman
09-26-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am from MA. Please do not assume that just because you saw some fucktards in Boston dressed like that that most people that age from MA dress like that. As far as the attitude problems in MA, its at least half the reason that I am moving to CO. Fights in the bars (and on the streets) are pretty damn common everytime I go out, which is not that often anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to lawschool with a kid from MA and he was an absolute [censored]. on the other hand some of my best friends were from NY and NJ. The day i came back home south was the best day of my life. Apparently other people share my sentiment....just look at the electoral college redistribution in 2000.