PDA

View Full Version : I've just got to tell someone...

marbles
05-12-2003, 05:44 PM
I doubt it matters to a lot of you, but I just have to share the news with SOMEONE...

I just found out this weekend that my wife is pregnant! We're not really supposed to tell anyone for a month or two, but I got permission to tell my "virtual friends."

The feeling is already unreal; so far, it's been a 80/20 blend of elation and terror, and my love and attraction for Gail has somehow doubled overnight. I had no idea it could be like this... Can't really put it into words without sounding trite and cliched, but it's really something.

Somedays I just thank God for my life... This is one of them.

HavanaBanana
05-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Congrats to us all, a new pokerplayer is on the way /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Thanks for sharing /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Bob T.
05-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Congratulations, and get all the sleep you can in the next 7 months.

Homer
05-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Congratulations, and get all the sleep you can in the next 7 months.

.....not to mention all the poker!

Congratulations!

-- Homer

andyfox
05-12-2003, 10:38 PM
"I had no idea it could be like this... Can't really put it into words without sounding trite and cliched, but it's really something. Somedays I just thank God for my life... This is one of them."

Congrats! Sort of puts losing with pocket aces into perspective, doesn't it? (Or winning with pocket aces.)

Sounds like you're enjoying the moment. Which is what it's all about. You're in for one of life's most rewarding experiences.

Here's to love and children and things that are . . . really something!

TAFKAn
05-13-2003, 01:42 AM
After this, bad beats just won't feel the same anymore. You really truly will not care as much. So, in essence, having kids makes you a better poker player!

scalf
05-13-2003, 07:10 AM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif how's the boy doing nate????..gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

marbles
05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
"After this, bad beats just won't feel the same anymore. You really truly will not care as much."

--Say that a week ago, and I'm one of the first in line to call you crazy. Now I'm pretty sure you're right.

marbles
05-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks all for the good words. Much appreciated.