PDA

View Full Version : Dogs afraid of the color black?

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 01:37 PM
I have a Yorkshire Terrier and she seems totally afraid of the color black. Examples - she likes to hang by toilets, but won't downstairs where we have a jet-black throne. Also, we just bought a black leather ottoman which we placed by the bed as a stepstool for her, but she only with great encouragement will jump on it and far prefers not to.

Is this common?

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Your racist dog is a reflection on you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Does your dog dress in all white and wear a white pointy hat?

Saddlepoint
09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
My black lab committed suicide when I was eleven.

09-25-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you overlooked your dog's signs of depression. This could have all been prevented.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did the note say?

09-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did the note say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe all the affairs and cheating were admitted in the note.

09-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Not to be racist...
I went to my friends house with a bunch of people. Went in the house and his dog only barked at the black guy. The dog went up to him and started barking. This has happened many times before. Are dogs innately racist?

cardcounter0
09-25-2005, 01:57 PM
This is unusual. Pound for Pound, Yorkshire Terriers are one the most fearless breeds.

istewart
09-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Have him be a tour guide for old white women.

Los Feliz Slim
09-25-2005, 02:13 PM
I had a dog that was both racist AND classist. She would bark at all minorities and people who wore uniforms. Once, a black fire inspector came to our fraternity house in uniform, she went beserk, and he had a heart attack. True story. I thought I was going to jail.

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your racist dog is a reflection on you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.
More likely there's some weird smell about those things he doesn't like.

JMP300z
09-25-2005, 02:29 PM
my big chocalate lab is deathly afraid of the chiuwia(sp?) across the street but barks fiercely at the mexican construction workers.

strange.

-JP

imported_anacardo
09-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I guess you want "chihuahua."

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Some of my dog's best friends are black.

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is unusual. Pound for Pound, Yorkshire Terriers are one the most fearless breeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine acts brave, barks at strange noises, etc, but basically is a huge chicken and runs away if there's an actual threat.

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my big chocalate lab is deathly afraid of the chiuwia(sp?) across the street but barks fiercely at the mexican construction workers.

strange.

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]
heheheh /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimbo
09-25-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since dogs are color blind of course it is not common.

miajag81
09-25-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you realize they can tell light colors from dark colors despite being color blind, right?

TStoneMBD
09-25-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is the funniest thing ive read all day.

as for dogs being afraid of the color black, i really doubt thats commonplace even if possible at all. there are alot of dogbeds made in black that dogs happily sleep in. my old dog used to sleep on a black pillow. the bottom of his cage was black as well.

if your dog is avoiding certain objects in your house its probably for other reasons than the color of it.

also, my dog used to absolutely love it when black people would come over. he would jump all over them and play with them. this was probably because we didnt have black people over very often at all and it was probably a rarity to see someone of different color. just a guess.

however, its certainly not impossible that your dog is in fact afraid of black because dogs in general are afraid of weird things. they are terrified of balloons and if you rattle your keys at them they curl in fear.

Jimbo
09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you realize they can tell light colors from dark colors despite being color blind, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do. What does this have to do with the color black? Clarkmeister did not say dark he said black? Do you think Clarkmeister can tell light from dark ot not?

scalf
09-25-2005, 05:30 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif in the animal world black is dominant; avoiding black is protective and respectfull;

the wife sez: "put a white towel over the black ottoman"

lol

gl

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Jimbo
09-25-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/smile.gif in the animal world black is dominant; avoiding black is protective and respectfull;

the wife sez: "put a white towel over the black ottoman"

lol

gl

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In all deference to you Scalf your wife is nuts.

cardcounter0
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
runs away if there's an actual threat

[/ QUOTE ]

They are also very intelligent.