PDA

View Full Version : Request

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 01:23 PM
As soon as those of you working on the space elevator problem finish up with that, please do me a favor and get on the time machine thing.

I’d really like to go back a couple of weeks and fix something I think I've screwed up. Without the time machine, I give myself a 50/50. With the time machine, I’m 100% sure I could. Anyway, it's something kind of important so please get on this asap. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Jake:

I am sorry to inform you that the space elevator program has run into a few problems along the way. It seems that the cable we attached to the moon is not anchoring as we predicted, and with that for some reason the moon keeps moving. We must go back to the drawing board and come up with a new solution. Once we get it fixed We will be glad to create your time machine!

Sincerely,
The Space Elevator Team

Vish
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Are you waiting for someone to ask what it is you screwed up?

I'm not biting.

09-25-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not biting.

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not biting.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was trying to spark a thread about time machines. How much carbon material would it take?

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Do it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor)

GoT

PoBoy321
09-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Talk to this guy. (http://www.johntitor.com/)

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake:

I am sorry to inform you that the space elevator program has run into a few problems along the way. It seems that the cable we attached to the moon is not anchoring as we predicted, and with that for some reason the moon keeps moving. We must go back to the drawing board and come up with a new solution. Once we get it fixed We will be glad to create your time machine!

Sincerely,
The Space Elevator Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried a longer cable and just wrapping it all the way around the moon? This might work.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talk to this guy. (http://www.johntitor.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, but I'm not interested in going forward, only backward. Where are you going when we get this thing built?

ChipWrecked
09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
I am currently working on a theory that the time machine will be based upon the singularity that exists in the bottom of women's purses.

09-25-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jake:

Sincerely,
The Space Elevator Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried a longer cable and just wrapping it all the way around the moon? This might work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are a genius. Now about stopping the dang moon from moving...

RunDownHouse
09-25-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I was trying to spark a thread about time machines.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are ways to do that without making 95% of the post, "Woe is me."

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. I was trying to spark a thread about time machines.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are ways to do that without making 95% of the post, "Woe is me."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely true. I suppose my post itself had a dual purpose, but the thread discussion was intended to be about the time machine. Now stop hijacking it to talk about my whining.

InchoateHand
09-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Like Wo---a---oh man. You should be a comedian.

Stuey
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I want to know what you did. I can fix it or make it worse this I promise. Make a gimmick account if you have to but spill dem beans man it is clear it is eating at you.

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I’d really like to go back a couple of weeks and fix something I think I've screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this involve a girl? Does she have a blog?

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I’d really like to go back a couple of weeks and fix something I think I've screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. No. If it did, you know I would've posted it by now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what you did. I can fix it or make it worse this I promise. Make a gimmick account if you have to but spill dem beans man it is clear it is eating at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it Stuey. It's something that would probably be of interest to almost no one here. I shouldn't have even included it on the op except I'm feeling bitchy.

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. No. If it did, you know I would've posted it by now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a little bit out of our area of expertise, then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the moon made of? Is it magnetic?

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the moon made of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheese. Duh.

Bradyams
09-25-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anchor it to the sun.

Yeti
09-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Pops, all you do is moan these days. Either spill the beans or shut it.

pokerdirty
09-25-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurotrash
09-25-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for reals, Jake. I even bit yesterday and asked you what was wrong.

Surely this is a situation that OOT would like to hear/help you with. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

09-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I hope things work out. How can you make fun of my post if you are down?