PDA

View Full Version : $55: Bluffed on flop, but hit TPTK on turn. How much to value bet?

AA suited
09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1040)
HERO (t1985)
UTG (t1865)
UTG+1 (t1070)
MP1 (t1160)
MP2 (t900)
CO (t635)
Button (t1345)

Preflop: HERO is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls t50.

Flop: (t225) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises to t200</font>, Button calls t150.

Turn: (t625) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

No reads.

I took his min bet on flop as weak, but his call to my check/raise confuses me.

I turned tptk. What line would you take to extract max chips?

09-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I think it's unlikely that he is slowplaying some monster, so he probably has a draw, or middle pair or something like that.

I'd bet out enough to protect against a flush or straight draw, but not enough to make him fold a weak hand if he's stupid. Which is very obvious again.

pergesu
09-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Okay first of all I would have smooth called the flop and raised his turn bet. Given your min-raise preflop and then a raise on that ragged board, it looks awfully like a bluff to me, and I would sooo come over the top on the flop with any two cards (a bluff that you can't call).

That aside, I check the turn. The jack is a bad card unless he has one, because it's easily a card you could have after throwing out that min raise. AJ-JT are all possibilities, so you won't be getting much, if any action now. Also when you check it looks like you may have wanted a free card for your flush draw, or even more likely that you were bluffing on the flop and have given up. This will get him to maybe bet on the river with any pair or as a bluff, and will almost certainly get a value call out of him with any pair if he checks to you.

As long as no diamond or ace hits the river you should get action.

AA suited
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
ah.. but i didnt min raise preflop. i CALLED villian's min raise.