PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Have Action NFL picks 9/25

Jibbs
09-25-2005, 11:28 AM
NCAA 2-2-0
NFL 0-0-0

After one day of college picking I am 2-2. Other than my picks, there are only two ways to do as well with your money:

1) flip a coin
2) figure out how much money you want to bet and then burn 10% of it.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Here are the picks.

Steelers -3
Last year the Steelers beat the Pats at home 34-20. This Steelers team has gotten better and this Pats team has gotten worse (albeit not very much worse). The Patriots defense seems to be a more susceptible to the run this year and the Steelers are one of the top rushing teams in football.

Rams -6.5
Call this one my gutshot pick of the day.

Saints +3.5
Minnesota has looked terrible so far this year and I see no reason for that to change. The Saints had 422 total yards last week to the Giants 257 but turned the ball over 6 times to lose the game. Look for the turnovers to be fixed this week and the boo birds to be out in Minnesota.

Good Luck all

Caveat Emptor

TheRover
09-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Because of the title I can't think of a better place to list my bets...

OAK+8.5 (I bet this too soon, it's +9 now. 2 units)
MIA+3.5
BUF-2.5 (2)
CAR/MIA under 36
MINN-4
NYJ-2
CLE+14.5

half units

GB+3.5, MIA+155 ml, OAK+310 ml.

Jibbs
09-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Geez, guess I was wrong about New Orleans fixing the turnovers. Fumbling the opening kickoff and a Brooks INT already /images/graemlins/mad.gif

WLC4Ever
09-25-2005, 03:36 PM
It's too bad the Minnesota O didn't show up until the 2nd half. Wonder who those guys scoring all the points were...

Jibbs
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
I didn't realize that NO and StL were replacing the water in their bottles with vodka this week /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Not as many turnovers as last week but some really ugly ones deep in their own territory for both teams.

Thought I might get StL and was praying for a back door cover with NO but it looks like Pitt is going to have to keep me from getting shut out.