PDA

View Full Version : ..the simple truth about life:

scalf
09-25-2005, 09:09 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif:

we are all eternal spiritual beings <aka : soul> ; we are in a human body to experience the lower worlds of existence; to gain spiritual understanding...

humans have been given marvelous tools to use on this physical plain; the brain being the most powerfull tool..

however; powerfull tools sometimes get outta control; just like explosives which can be used to create many marvelous , positive items; but also can be used negatively; with tragic consequences....

it's kinda ironic: it is generally the idividuals with the best mental apparati who get controlled by their mind/brain....

we only see experinces in relation to their opposites down here in this vale of tears (aka; the physical plain)...but at higher levels there are only positives...

imagination is vision for soul on the physical plane..

what did einstein say about imagination...

lol

gl

jmho:

it's just a box of rain.....

gl

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

evil_twin
09-25-2005, 09:29 AM
I suggest you hold off on the drugs before posting in future.

09-25-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what did einstein say about imagination

[/ QUOTE ]
He said it's more important than knowledge.

[ QUOTE ]
we are all eternal spiritual beings

[/ QUOTE ]
What did Einstein say about life after death?

sexdrugsmoney
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was Einstein of sound mind when he said this?

Zeno
09-25-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What did Einstein say about life after death?

[/ QUOTE ]

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own - a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of the body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

-Albert Einstein from: Living Philosophies A Series of Intimate Credos, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1933.

-Zeno

Zeno
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give the exact quote and the context please with reference.

Knowledge fuels the imagination by the way, and vice versa.

-Zeno

BluffTHIS!
09-25-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you hold off on the drugs before posting in future.

[/ QUOTE ]

His post should have been titled, "the philosophy of life seen through a crack pipe and bong".

09-25-2005, 08:01 PM
duuuuuude.......I totally dig what you're sayin', man.....

Zeno
09-27-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I thought.

-Zeno

purnell
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I googled "einstein imagination quote" and the first two results were: http://www.schipul.com/en/q/?271 and
http://quotationspage.com/quote/703.html

Apparently it's a pretty famous quote. I don't have the context though. Do you? If so, please share.

edit: I found this, but I don't know what it was taken from.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

I like this one too:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Zeno
09-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Thanks.

It would still be interesting to see where the quotes come from. Many sayings are attributed to someone, especially someone very famous, and often it was never said by them at all, or misconstrued in some fashion etc. It is quite common.

-Zeno

09-27-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
>Give the exact quote and the context please with reference.
-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't able to find the reference for the quote and I thought someone else might have a book lying around.

This isn't an isolated quote. Einstein spoke often about imagination, and how essential it was to new ideas. On several occassions he spoke about the worthlessness of knowledge as compared to a free spirit. He scorned much of traditional education for the way in which it stifled creativity. He said that great ideas in science come from imagination, and not knowledge. Etc.

Zeno
09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Fair enough. It would be interesting to see in what context most of these comments where made. I assume that many would be in letters perhaps, or from conversations with friends and colleagues, or from speeches.

-Zeno

tek
09-27-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we are all eternal spiritual beings...we are in a human body to experience the lower worlds of existence; to gain spiritual understanding...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be -EV if true. That's equivilant to saying we are preparing for one long 100/200 blind game by practicing in a micro limit game. Do you see why?