PDA

View Full Version : 5-5 turn decision vs tricky player

mikech
09-25-2005, 07:24 AM
live 5-5, stacks have gotten pretty deep, i have ~1600 and villain has me well covered. villain is tricky and aggressive. he has semi-bluff-raised me off my hand in the last 2 pots we were in together. although, he had the best hand in the first and was a coinflip in the second--so he's not putting in big bets w/o outs. first time, i held Ts8x, flop came Q97 two spades, i check-called a flop bet, led into him for 100 when the turn brought the ace of spades. he raised 300 on top and showed KsJx when i folded. few hands later i raised preflop with red TT, flop was 864 all clubs. i led into him with a pot-bet of 80, he made it 200 on top and showed Ac4x when i folded.

this hand, villain is utg/co (we're 4-handed) and raises to 20 in the dark, button calls, sb folds, i call in the bb with 8c4c. flop is 8x6c4x. i lead for 60, villain calls, button calls. turn is 2c. i lead for 200, villain makes it 500 on top. i have about 1300 behind. call, fold, or push?

Spladle Master
09-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Push.

TurkeyBreast
09-25-2005, 08:03 AM
I think you either have to push or fold here first of all. If you just call any 7, 6, 5, 3, 2 or club will leave you wondering where you're at.

As to if you should push or fold well thats a tough one. I think it mostly depends on the read you have on him. Considering how he plays I think you have to push here and pray. He surely could have you beat here here and leave you drawing thin but based on what you've seen from him I think you have to jam it all in and hope he has something like k5 of clubs, or 82. I have a feeling you did push and saw 35 or 57 though... Tough situation

09-25-2005, 08:17 AM
This has to be a push considering what we know about villain. Particularly, that he raised blind pre-flop and is very aggressive. Your hand is strong enough that it will beat many of the hands he will call with, and you beat most of his possible holdings. If he has you beat, that's pretty unlucky AND you still have a good draw on the river, with as many as 15 outs.

The Truth
09-25-2005, 09:46 AM
I think I fold here. The only hand you beat is a turned club draw. Even then you aren't that far ahead. It is more likely that he has a hand. He cold called your flop bet, then raised the turn. He called with any 2 blank clubs and got a draw on the turn? If he plays all his hands this way, you would know it as he would be all in every 3rd hand. If that is true, then call. I think it is much more likely that he has a hand here. Pot isnt ginormous at this point. I throw it in the muck without a stronger read than these 2 hands.

-blake

AZK
09-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I probably muck it too, but then again I donked off my stack a few hours earlier in said game. So take my advice with a grain of salt. Nice playing with you guys.

mikech
09-25-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is more likely that he has a hand. He cold called your flop bet, then raised the turn. He called with any 2 blank clubs and got a draw on the turn? ... I think it is much more likely that he has a hand here. Pot isnt ginormous at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree that he almost surely has a hand here. i'd been chattering about it after he raised me out of those other two hands, so he knows i want to play a pot with him. i show a lot of strength leading into two players on two streets, yet he still pops me on the turn: i think it's much more likely he has the goods this time.

that being said, i think my outs are clean. like you said, he didn't pick up a backdoor flush draw; my club outs are definitely good here. and while i'm not sure if a 4 would give me the winner (he could have 66), filling up with an 8 will certainly do the job. i have 11-13 outs, i'm getting 1150:500 to call, with 800 more to play for on the river. assuming he pays off with a straight or set a significant majority of the time if i hit, i think i have implied odds to just call.

btw, azk, leo's the villain.

AZK
09-25-2005, 05:01 PM
yeah i figured as much as he is could play...

Lucky
09-25-2005, 06:48 PM
You have 2 pair and a flush draw four-handed against a guy who's been pushing you around, WTF?