PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Sched.

Jason Strasser
09-25-2005, 06:44 AM
So I arrive in London 8am have to play ept event in early afternoon the same day. I cant come earlier because of school.

I tend to get decent sleep on planes but I'm not sure if i should take something to knock me out (what should i take?). Should I be planning a sleep schedule a certain way leading up to the flight? Im in economy class flight is full so I cant spread out.

Advice? Would suck to get there on no sleep or messed up/tired... Almost defeating the purpose of halling my ass to europe for a dumb card game except that I also have some friends abroad in the area.
-Jason

The Truth
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
I would advise against taking anything. It'll leave you too drowsy and you'll play bad.

-blake

benza13
09-25-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would advise against taking anything. It'll leave you too drowsy and you'll play bad.

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably good advice. At worst you can fit in a nap when you arrive if you didn't get enough sleep on the plane. I'd rather be tired from lack of sleep when playing p*ker than drowsy from sleep meds.

radek2166
09-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Ambien. Get a few take one before ever leaving to see how u feel when u get up.

Short acting me. works well. no hang over feeling. Last about 8 hours.

09-25-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't like sleeping pills. Once a doc suggested I take a Benedryl. She said it would help me sleep, wasn't addictive and didn't have aftereffects. I tried it. She was right.

Now, the few times I need something, I take one Benedryl or a couple of Tylenol PM. I get a good 8 hours and don't feel like I took anything.

radek2166
09-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Benedrylgives me a hangover.