PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Where do you play poker????!?

mts
05-12-2003, 03:51 PM
give the software name and a line or two about why you play there (promotions, easy games, tournaments, good software, etc). Also please state the limit. Thanks and hopefully people will participate. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

My choice is PokerStars. They have good tournaments and the best support that ive seen. They also have a wide range of games to chose from.
what i play: Usually .5/1 limit and sometimes .25/.50 PL

jek187
05-12-2003, 03:55 PM
24h poker- I get my rake refunded! Of course, they also have the lowest rake of any online site so everyone should come and play. The software and promos are good too. The limits I play range from .5/1 to 5/10. When I can't get a game there, I'll hang out at the Party 1/2 6 max.

PokerPaul
05-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Somehow that doesnt seem like a good business plan, as much as i would love to play at a site where you get your rake refunded. Just doesnt seem longterm viable.

jek187
05-12-2003, 04:10 PM
It was a limited time offer for the first X # of people to take Stefan up on it. I pay my 1st $100/month in rake normally. After that, it's refunded.

Emperor
05-12-2003, 04:12 PM
They don't refund all of the rake. Just 2+2 members who have rake over $100 in a month. Then they refund EVERYTHING over $100. I would live at this site, but all the fish play pot limit.

This is very similar to ACR. Paying someone .08 or .16 a hand is basically just a rake refund. (they don't call it that)

True Poker has points that you can cash in for chips. Its a rake rebate also. (they don't call it that either)

Rake rebates can make a big difference in your $$/hr if you play high enough. I have recently became a wannabe bonus whore. Party, Empire, and Paradise all ran great bonuses this weekend that I took advantage of. Couldn't beat them for someone playing .50/$1.

dux
05-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I site hop and limit hop, but at the moment I have money in two sites, Empire Poker and PokerStars. I play 1/2-3/6 and have played 5/10 at Stars, and $25 No Limit or 1/2 at Empire. Stars is the best for being able to play any game you want at the low limits, and for its great tourneys.

Just my 2 cents.

GrannyMae
05-12-2003, 10:50 PM
The limits I play range from .5/1 to 5/10

hiya jek.

i have been trying to catch up, but have not come across much about 24H. How is the traffic? Is there daily games?

i REALLY did try to look this up with a search, but i see nothing. how about a breif update on the great 24H experiment.

thanx

http://e4u.consoleradar.com/fam/fam25.gif

jek187
05-13-2003, 12:18 AM
It's been a grind, but things seem to be working. The best time to play is definitely during the day in the US. However, now there is usually at least one limit HE going during that time. Today in fact there was a 3/6 and 5/10 limit HE going PLUS a 5/10 7 stud. Maybe the Euros are coming over from PL/NL land to mingle w/us North American trash? I don't know.

Anyways, things seem to be on the rise there. I've also pulled a "Granny" and started giving away my referral bonus to anyone who puts me down and plays the hands. The VIP points are now worth something besides entry into the Ryder Cup so that's a plus too. Hopefully things continue to take off.

David
05-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Pokerroom-1/2 2/4 3/6 VERY LOOSE!
Paradise-any game with flop % above 30. hah! some pl/nl
Party-mostly sit n go's
UB-1/2 2/4 3/6
Pokerstars-Any 1/2 2/4 3/6 game that doesn't look too tough,hah again!
ThePokerClub-nl/pl
ACR-1/2 3/6(rarely)
Planet-mostly O8
and.....just started playing at True again (if I can keep a connection) games 1/2 2/4 3/6 look juicy.

Jeez, do I really play this many sites? Sick!

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Hung
05-13-2003, 02:54 AM
UB: NL HE 0.10-0.25 and 0.25-050
You know that slider everyone hates... I love it. UB has something. I can't really tell what it is. It makes me a winning player. You can bet any amout with the slider. So when you bet 0.95, it looks really impressive. It's like you bet twice as much. The chips are also smaller and make another sound. It's scary. On pokerstars the bets are 0.25, you could type your bet and put 0.35 if you want. But nobody does it. So I just click once or twice on the slider to bet 0.50 or 0.75. Which is not the same thing. Because the bet isn't that strong as a 0.45 bet. The chips are spread out in another way. These stupid little details make me win at UB. At UB they also turn the table so you can sit in front. I can click on the handhistory and see what the opponent has folded. The little window pops up immediatly. So I don't have to mail it to myself and watch it later. It's important that I can see it right away, so I know how to play agaist that guy.
stars and most of the site send it by mail. By the time I get my handhistory I already forgot that I took a bad beat.
I wont chase any bonuses anymore. UB is my home.

Home sweet home.

jasonHoldEm
05-13-2003, 03:50 AM
Oh, you meant what site?

Stars - sit-n-go's when they're running ($5 & $10 buy-in), I agree about stars having the best support around.

UB - .25/.50 limit hold'em, penny NL with my roommate (he's just learning, and these games can be a hell of a lot of fun (to watch the morons)...hmm...you pushed all-in with T2o...ok I'll call with J5s). The stupid lag is getting really annoying at this site though, I might take my $32 and go elsewhere.

Paradise - Coming soon...get ready. Virtual drinks? I'll have a Capt'n and Coke please.

(It's really late)
jHE

Graham
05-13-2003, 09:35 AM
I would live at this site, but all the fish play pot limit.

Time to learn to play PLO...

Graham
05-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I took up the rake rebate offer and have played a bit at the site. Very little HE seems to be on the go, but I prefer the other games such as PLO, PLO8 and Stud/8 anyway. The PLO games have been good - tho' strangely only 8-handed tables available. Usually one or two games 0.5/1 or 2/4 blinds kind of level. Yesterday I sat a few hours and the game waxed and waned between full and 4-handed, back and forth. Games are good but a little more traffic would improve things. I think the rake special will be good for my bankroll and will be looking in on the site as one of my regular stops.

They don't yet have Strip PLO8, though, Gran...

lorinda
05-13-2003, 10:05 AM
The PLO games have been good - tho' strangely only 8-handed tables available

I'm going to try and second guess Stefan here....

In Europe, most Omaha games are played as dealer's choice, that is 4,5 or 6 card.
Tables are usually seven max, but an extra player is often added if someone complains loud enough, so games are usually eight handed by the end of the night (Dealer can still call five card, and six if someone is taking a toilet break, or offers to sit out when six card is called).
Because of this, games of more than 8 players are very rare indeed.
(Hadn't even occurred to me that you could play with more, but obviously you can now that I think about it)

Lori

Emperor
05-13-2003, 12:51 PM
I used to like Cap'n & Coke, but I picked up a bottle of Vanilla flavored rum and mixed it with some Cherry Coke.

Awesome.

ChrinCPA
05-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone, I enjoy reading these formus and thought I would make my first post.

I'm usually at Ultimate Bet, playing 11+1 NL satellites for Aruba. Although I've been playing poker for a year, I'm now taking it more seriously (counting outs, reading books, etc). In my 4 tourneys, I had a 1st place and a 2nd place so far - hoping it's not coincidence.

Hope to talk to all of you soon.

ChrinCPA

GrannyMae
05-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Anyways, things seem to be on the rise there. I've also pulled a "Granny" and started giving away my referral bonus to anyone who puts me down and plays the hands

feels good, huh? GOOD BOY! this is something that i hope everyone ends up doing for each other. kind of like our own little pokerscene, but no mary to deal with.

speaking of mary, she NO LIKE jek.. check your PM, i'm gonna send you something she said about you.

teehee

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/evil/870.gif

jasonHoldEm
05-13-2003, 05:34 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I used to like Cap'n &amp; Coke, but I picked up a bottle of Vanilla flavored rum and mixed it with some Cherry Coke

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you posted this once before...I've been meaning to try it, it sounds delicious...and I can still use a Capt'n related product (Parrot Bay).

Will try it out,
jHE

GrannyMae
05-13-2003, 06:47 PM
They don't yet have Strip PLO8, though, Gran...

i thought you wanted to see the site traffic build, not run away and remove the client from their HARDdrive.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck02.gif

jek187
05-13-2003, 08:22 PM
feels good, huh? GOOD BOY! this is something that i hope everyone ends up doing for each other.

I must admit to having my own, selfish motives for doing this. I want to get some games going at 24h. If it wasn't for that, I'd stick w/my standard of completely chopping the bonus... ie for Party I send those who I refer $12.50 so we each receive $37.50. I think that's fair, if not entirely as good natured as Granny.

As far as Mary is concerned, I just have this to say: I AM NOT THE REASON YOU GOT BANNED. You can hate me for pestering you, or being a BWhore, but please try and keep at least partially based in reality.

Graham
05-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Forget their hard drive Gran, I could do with some help with my floppy. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif