PDA

View Full Version : Bad Misplay?

Yerma
09-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Ten-handed game. Three late callers, and I call in SB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to first limper who bets. Both later limpers call. I call, and BB folds.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, first limper raises. Everyone folds to me and I call.

River is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check-call.

newhizzle
09-25-2005, 06:39 AM
id just bet the flop, its not that big of a field, and if there are 3 late limpers i would assume they are all fairly passive, you cant really count on one of them to bet for you

were you planning to check/raise if a later player bet?

thesharpie
09-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Reads would help. If nothing else the limit so we can generalize about what the players are like. Maybe raise preflop if they're loose, and bet the flop is my default.

ep510
09-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Bet the flop. Last thing you want is for this flop to get checked through.

Yerma
09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
were you planning to check/raise if a later player bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

Yerma
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Just betting the flop and hoping it all works out is probably the worst play on this board against this many players.

Bill Lumberg
09-25-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just giving a free card on the flop and hoping it all works out is probably the worst play on this board against this many players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yerma
09-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Bill,

I think that yours is absolutely the best argument for betting the flop. But the free card you give on this flop is only damaging if a gutshot or 3rd pair ends up beating you but wouldn't have called a bet on the flop. I think it's too bad to let that sort of draw get a free card, but then we may not have flopped best, or may have flopped best but still be a heavy underdog to win this pot anyways, or most likely of all--someone else will bet this flop.

Dagger78
09-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Your hand is VERY vulnerable, you need to bet this flop. Leading gives everyone 6-1, which makes single overcards and gutshots wrong. Flush and Straight draws will call no matter what, better to charge them one bet than see the turn for free. Only in bigger pots is it worth it to try to CR.

Too many people try to CR in these unraised pots when you have no idea where the bet(if any) will come from. Bet the flop, protect your hand.

BurnsvilleCardClub
09-25-2005, 08:13 PM
C/R flop, bet turn if now over/heart, and same on the river

Carmine
09-25-2005, 08:33 PM
I usually lead this flop, but not sure that is best. The turn however I believe was misplayed. Once you know where the bet is coming from and the draws missed I think this is the perfect opportunity to C/R for value. The way it played out your turn lead getting raised does help to fold the bad draws, but here's the thing. You can't count on first limper to raise, also the bad draws are making a mistake by calling a single bet. The pot is not so big (before we C/R) that if the draws call (improperly) and we get burned on the river that it would be a great disaster. I think I like to trap the field here.

ep510
09-25-2005, 09:08 PM
You have a hand that you like, but that can't withstand much pressure. You don't want to be 3-bet. You're not guaranteed that the flop bettor will continue to bet. Bet the turn, don't play around with a check-raise.

Clarkmeister
09-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Raise preflop. Checkraise the turn. Flop can go a lot of ways, yours is fine. Calling the river is tough, but absent any other info, I'm doing it.