PDA

View Full Version : Question about AleoMagus Spreadsheet

kitaristi0
09-25-2005, 05:42 AM
(I have version 2.5 i think, the one with the daily summary)

When I go to the 'Money' page, I have total SNG profit as -126.50, even though I haven't entered any SNGs into the spreadsheet. Likewise, the 11s, 22s etc. boxes have -11, -22, -33 respectively.

Also on the 'Overall' page I have Total entries 126.5 and ROI -100%. Should I just zero these, or am I missing sth?

Will this just go away when I start logging in SNGs, or should I just manually zero these boxes?

byronkincaid
09-25-2005, 02:29 PM
IIRC you have to delete the base buy in and vig on each page that you haven't recorded any sngs.

Mr_J
09-25-2005, 02:44 PM
People still use excel for sngs??!?

caretaker1
09-25-2005, 05:34 PM
What should we be using?

AleoMagus
09-27-2005, 06:11 PM
SNG tracker. Of course, this assumes that the sites and games that you are playing all work with SNG tracker.

If you are playing NLHE SNGs on Party or the skins, I don't really think anything compares to Hood's program. Still, others have argued differently.

Really, none of it matters anymore if you are playing on Party and the skins, cause all the histories end up on your hard drive, and it's probably best not to look at your results too often anyways. One might just not worry at all, and then after a few hundred or thousand SNGs, activate SNG tracker, or the latest spreadsheet that pulls from pokertracker, (or whatever)... and voila. Painless, Brainless record keeping.

I suppose some like to fiddle with spreadsheets, and agonize over arcane statistical details of their results all the time. I've been there and not too long ago either. There is something to be said for it, but all in all, it helped my math skills far more than it ever helped my SNG skills.

Regards
Brad S

Freudian
09-27-2005, 06:14 PM
SNG tracker was buggy for me. Refused to import my multipoker SnGs.

I don't mind using the Excel sheet. I don't spend all that much time masturbating over my ROI.

caretaker1
09-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the reply. What will it give me that I don't have with Pokertracker?

Thanks,
caretaker

AleoMagus
09-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Compared to Pokertracker? lots I guess.

Profit graphs, ROI and ITM graphs, and more importantly... the ability to filter results anyway you like.

For example, if you want to know what your stats are on a month to month, week to week, buy-in, etc... basis, this is easy to do.

For me though, it's really just a question of simplicity. As I said, it's totally brainless. Every couple of weeks (or whenever) just open the program and import from the appropriate folder. That said, Pokertracker combined with the latest spreadsheets out there are probably as brainless these days.

Did I mention that it is free. That's a plus over pokertracker too.

Regards
Brad S