PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 hand from the other night

Schmed
05-12-2003, 02:30 PM
k /forums/images/icons/heart.gif k /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ep

preflop, I raise, folds to the button who calls along with the BB. 3 to the flop

flop

3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I bet, button raises, bb folds, I reraise, button calls.

turn
6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet button calls

river

j /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet button calls

The button shows 9 3 off suit and takes it down.

Thoughts

After we lost the BB I figured if he had a 3 or pockt 8's he would have reraised me, or at least reraised me on the turn or river. I guess he gave my reraise on the flop too much credit. Would any of you have played this any different?? Should I have checked on the turn and river?? This hand confused me. Generally thinking I just think I got unlucky that someone would call 12 with a 3 9 off suit.

Nottom
05-12-2003, 02:45 PM
You played it fine, I'm sure you opponent worked hard to get that money back to you in future hands from the way he played this one.

WiredPair
05-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I probably would have put the button on something like A8s. First, he limps agains a raise with trash and then when it hits him he plays this passively? Bottom line, sounds like someone you want in a 6-12 game. You've got to be getting the best of it if this is his standard play.

Schmed
05-12-2003, 03:31 PM
I wish he would have stayed around long enough. He got called for his 3-6 game right after that and didn't play another hand. I hate it when that happens /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I got pummeled the other night with hands like that. I could have hit a 45 k jackpot but I had AQ and there was a K on the board. Both cards have to play.......... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif not my night should I kept thinking.... "I should have left 200 dollars ago....." /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bob T.
05-12-2003, 03:38 PM
I would have played it the same way you did. The next play you should be making, is trying to get a seat change, so that you are sitting behind the player that was the button.