PDA

View Full Version : Boris to Play in the Big One!

Boris
05-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I went to the WSOP this weekend to watch my signficant other play some events and to get in one some of the side action. Well, luck was with me and twice I made an incredible parley. They have these $50 satellites where the top two finishers get a buy-in for the super satellite to win a seat in $10,000 main event. These $50 satellites are always going as the rounds are only 10 minutes. so anytime you're board or waiting for a seat in another game you can just pop on over and play a $50 satellite for a few minutes. I played in 4 of the satellites and won a super satellite buy-in twice. Both of the supers that entered I won a $10,000 seat without any rebuys. Totally incredible. I've granted Tommy Angelo exclusive interview rights should the Miracle continue in the main event.

HDPM
05-12-2003, 04:33 PM
GL- go get 'em.

(I hope you are selling one of the entries and not giving it to significant other. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif)

M2d
05-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Go Boris!!

Boris
05-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Significant other got a seat long time ago so I'm covered. The way it works is the first time you win a seat you get a non-transferable receipt in your name to play in the main event. The second time you win a seat they give you $10,000 in tournament buy-in chips. That way you can avoid the tax foolishness /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The chips are easy to sell for cash. Funny things is this happened right after I was whining to Tommy Angelo about having terrible luck the past several weeks. I guess the moral of the story is that next time you see, Tommy tell him your bad beat stories and your luck is sure to turn around.

El Dukie
05-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Does it work if you private message your bad-beat stories to Tommy? Let's find out!!! (Note to Tommy: Check your inbox....) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

jen
05-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Wow -- good luck, Boris! I'm rooting for you.

Please post your WSOP experience after it's all over!

Matt Flynn
05-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Boris,

Good for you! Think of the thrill of hearing "Shuffle up and deal" with $10,000 in chips in front of you! May you have all the good luck and the patience to use it. I'll be pulling for you buddy. Stay patient! Remember the first six hours you don't have to play a hand.... Go for sets.. Don't overplay your AKs - you CAN limp with it. Never raise from the blinds with AQ. Fold AJ. Gawd, I feel like I'm almost playing in it with you playing. Woohooo!!!!

Matt

andyfox
05-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Cool!

A baby on the way for one; a million dollar win for another 2+2er. What a day!

Good luck and keep us posted.

snakehead
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
best of luck. I would love to show the post-tournament issue of cardplayer to my girlfreind and say, "hey, I know that guy!" (or, that girl, if jj wins).

Boris
05-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for the good vibes. I am just way too excited to play in this tournament. For anyone who doesn't know me, Boris is my poker alias. My real life name Bearcat Brant so that's the name you'll see at the final table /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

M2d
05-13-2003, 07:57 PM
I aint lookin' til the winner's determined, so i better see "Bearcat" there, too.

Bill Murphy
05-13-2003, 09:20 PM
If you have the time, download some of Andy Glazer's reports from the last few WSOP's. Certainly will tell how NOT to play!

GREAT LUCK!! /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Your Mom
05-14-2003, 12:00 AM
If everyone pays 50 bucks then wouldn't each person only win the equivalent of $250 tournament buy in. Wouldn't you need a $1000 to buy in for the satellite. I'm probably missing something here. Maybe there are more than 10 players?

Boris
05-14-2003, 01:44 AM
The $50 satellite wins you $225 buyin for a SUPER Satellite. A super satellite accepts as many people who want to enter and usually has unlimited rebuys for the first 3 rounds. All the money is collected and then you divide that amount by the buy-in for the big tournament, in this case $10,000. The odd money is distributed evenly in cash. In both of the super satellites I played they gave away 5 seats. The basic strategy is to accumulate a critical mass of chips and then hold on for dear life as other people get busted out.

balt999
05-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Good luck, Boris...Might have to make a trip down there and check it out...hope we see you at the final table..

Your Mom
05-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the reply Boris. Guess there is a little more to it than i had thought. Way to go!

Ray Zee
05-14-2003, 10:36 AM
good going boris. its about time you got a real break in poker and hope maybe big money here. its all a long shot though. another of our montana people will join you in the big one and that is jason brown. say hello if you see him there. he is a friend and nice guy like yourself.