PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel When Drunk?

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 02:54 AM
How do you guys feel when you get drunk? Do you have a good time, a very good time, do you regret getting drunk? Do you get angry, or emotional, very happy, sensitive, sad?

I get happy and socialble which I imagine most people do when they drink, but also some melancholy. One friend of mine who can be dour and grumpy often gets extremely friendly and nice and easy going when drunk. Another friend is nice and easy going all the time, but gets even more so when drunk. Last time he got drunk he acted like a jerk, and I haven't talked to him much lately but I suspect he is having a hard time personally lately and maybe his behavior when drunk was a reflection of that.

One friend of mine got funny when drunk, but also erratic, one night he was a jerk to me. I thought maybe the way he was a jerk was the reflection of how he actually felt. Tonight someone got drunk and then Randy offered him a proposition bet for drinking some vile mix of 2 1/2 shots of alcohol. And friend 1 was acting resentful in general of how Randy made so much money playing poker and could offer $35 for that proposition bet like it was nothing. It's interesting how alcohol affects people, how does it you or your friends?

diebitter
09-25-2005, 02:55 AM
With my hands, usually.

09-25-2005, 02:57 AM
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5720/fab4he8ua.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:01 AM
It depends on my mood before I get drunk. 99% of the time, I'm a pretty happy, fun drunk. Other times I get a little moody. Tonight I'm not a happy drunk.

Alcohol is a magnifying glass for emotion.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 03:04 AM
It depends on how much I drink.

After 30 shots or more I pass into the ether. Here the rule are different. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is possible. It's a terrible paradox which demands it's toll. You will see what you don't see and sense the nothing.

The void will call you.

gmrankin
09-25-2005, 03:05 AM
nothing. i hate whiskey dick

LBJ
09-25-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5720/fab4he8ua.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as this can be used infrequently, it'll crack me up every time.

NH.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-25-2005, 03:08 AM
So tired, i get very tired. Night time at like 12:30....so gay.............................

Dave G.
09-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Usually very happy / sociable. I definitely feel myself loosening up and being more "daring" with regards to approaching girls and whatnot.

Occasionally I'll be sad. I've had a couple of spouts as violent, but those happen very infrequently, and nothing serious has resulted from it.

It just depends on how things are going at the time I think. Drinking alone is definitely more likely to get you sad / regretful.

ethan
09-25-2005, 03:22 AM
I no longer fear the police!

Seriously though...I can do happy-drunk, sociable-drunk, angry-drunk, and morose-drunk. It all just depends.

It's mostly happy/sociable-drunk. I have to drink a lot before it ends up at belligerent-drunk.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually very happy / sociable. I definitely feel myself loosening up and being more "daring" with regards to approaching girls and whatnot.

Occasionally I'll be sad. I've had a couple of spouts as violent, but those happen very infrequently, and nothing serious has resulted from it.

It just depends on how things are going at the time I think. Drinking alone is definitely more likely to get you sad / regretful.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get violent is that a part of your personality that doesn't normally show itself in your life? I think it must be right, it doesn't make sense to me that alcohol would make you act in these weird random ways that are not a part of yourself.

"I don't fear the police."

Haha, good answer. BTW my same question goes for you.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

When you get violent is that a part of your personality that doesn't normally show itself in your life? I think it must be right, it doesn't make sense to me that alcohol would make you act in these weird random ways that are not a part of yourself.

"I don't fear the police."

Haha, good answer. BTW my same question goes for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for Dave G but never underestimate the dichotomy of man. I don't know how much you have been exposed to drugs or alcohol bruiser, but eventually these things bring out the dichotomy in everyone. Sometimes it's buried very deeply but it's always there. Ying Yang isn't a non-practical philosophy.

What ever can shock you is in yourself as well as everywhere else. The real question is what are the conditions that evoke what is buried.

PokerBob
09-25-2005, 03:55 AM
i get happy and friendly. i do not understand how anyone can be anything different.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Happier and more relaxed, and often more sociable.

Strangely enough, even though it's a depressant, it almost always picks me up, sometimes enormously. I think because it relaxes my tensions so much, both the ones I carry around unnoticed in my body all day and the ones that are more just part of my worrying, sometimes obsessive nature. The bring down of a depressant is more than compensated for by how much more energy relaxing actually frees up and gives me. Sometimes I've come home exhausted(I'm a bad insomniac and often feel exhausted during the weekdays), the only thing I could do to not fall asleep is actually drink a beer or two.

Sometimes if I'm really deep down exhausted, though, then a drink can make me feel even more exhausted really quickly.

I don't drink very much at all anymore these days, because I can't wake up feeling like I never drank at all anymore, like I could when I was really young. It's not worth it to do except occasionally.

I've never been an angry drunk or a morose drunk, or one of those too-squishy emotional drunks either. I get upbeat and usually a little mellower about stuff that bugs me, and energetic too.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i get happy and friendly. i do not understand how anyone can be anything different.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't make me punch you in the twat.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 03:59 AM
What exaclty do you mean by "ying yang isn't a non-practical philosophy". I have no experience with drugs, and some with alcohol though compared to most little. I'm content to drink a little, don't think I've ever been "hammered".

Dave G.
09-25-2005, 04:01 AM
It's not really a case of "when", it's happened like twice in my life. Both at very low points when I was just depressed to all hell and had a lot of emotional stability issues. The first time it happened actually helped me to take a look at myself and get my head screwed on properly. The second time was just another crappy point. Both were caused by girls screwing with me emotionally.

That's been a long while now though. I'm a very happy person now and have gotten over all that crap. Consequently, I haven't been like that for a long time.

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 04:02 AM
overly honest

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What exaclty do you mean by "ying yang isn't a non-practical philosophy". I have no experience with drugs, and some with alcohol though compared to most little. I'm content to drink a little, don't think I've ever been "hammered".

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is that all the extremes of human emotion exist in everyone. Many people only have these emotions buried deep within their subconscious. They are, however, there and having an impact whether people know it or not. Drug and alcohol intoxication can bring these emotions to the surface. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing. It's relative to how one reacts to it.

Go_Blue88
09-25-2005, 04:11 AM
tonight i was an angry drunk which never goes over well. i just end up pissing girls off and making guys laugh, which is definitely not what you want to do.

normally i'm pretty much the same person as usual except i find a lot more things to be funny.

edited to say that that was meant as a response to OP.

Jules22
09-25-2005, 05:04 AM
confused

wacki
09-25-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

protect your brain bruiser. I am a lush. Don't be like me.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

protect your brain bruiser. I am a lush. Don't be like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorance is bliss. Don't ask the question if you're not prepared for the answer. Wisdom is foolishness and foolishness is wisdom. What's your experience? To have none is seemingly the same as to have all.

goofball
09-25-2005, 06:19 AM
uninhibited.

Usually whatever I was feeling when I started drinking then 10x. Usually that's mellow and happy. Sometimes stuff comes out that was never in there too.

tonypaladino
09-25-2005, 06:38 AM
I am almost always happier and more mellow when I'm drunk.

jason_t
09-25-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

spamuell
09-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Depends what I drink.

With most drinks it's happy drunk, although I find myself being overly nice to people and agreeing to meet up with them and stuff when I don't really want to see them

With wine, I just get sleepy.

With some of the harsher spirits, generally those where the bottle has no English letters on it and the price in pounds is less than 1/20th of the alcohol content percentage, I do ridiculous things and then black out and literally have no recollection of them.

The worst one was probably when I woke up in a random street in the middle of Romania (I had started in Romania!) at about 3am with no recollection of how I'd got there, or where I was, and was covered in snow and no longer had my coat or wallet or could feel my feet. I try to stay away from nasty stuff like that now.

theben
09-25-2005, 11:25 AM
drunk

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uninhibited.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why people drink. It helps bring down their inhibitions, which is fun. Unfortunately, aside from the good things that can come of this, they end up being overly honest like ThinMan said and saying things they regret. I may give up drinking for awhile.

asofel
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on my mood before I get drunk. 99% of the time, I'm a pretty happy, fun drunk. Other times I get a little moody. Tonight I'm not a happy drunk.

Alcohol is a magnifying glass for emotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there was a "JakeIsRight" gimmick account....well he'd finally have his first post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But seriously, jake's got it...and me, personally? Friendly and affable as usual...just don't drop a beer on me (like last night) or stab me with a dart (like last night) or talk [censored] to one of my friends (like last night) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 11:41 AM
I feel like having someone deliver me sushi so I don't have to go get it myself.

kerssens
09-25-2005, 11:41 AM
The pain of my wasteful existence is numbed, so I guess I should say happy.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like having someone deliver me sushi so I don't have to go get it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

clark it's great how you always contribute so much to my threads, thanks i appreciate it

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is that all the extremes of human emotion exist in everyone. Many people only have these emotions buried deep within their subconscious. They are, however, there and having an impact whether people know it or not. Drug and alcohol intoxication can bring these emotions to the surface. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing. It's relative to how one reacts to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm don't agree with that. That sounds like a Fruedian thing, there are all sorts of things going on in the subconcious that we don't see in everyday life, and anger is a part of everyone's personality whether it's seen or not. But, isn't a lot of what Frued said now agreed to be wrong by psychologists? I tend to see things at face value, if a person is happy and friendly and doesn't get angry then I think that person IS happy and does not have anger in his personality.

PoBoy321
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I usually end up like this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3491033&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =3491033&Search=true&where=&Name=16060&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3491033)

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i get happy and friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too almost always.

[ QUOTE ]
i do not understand how anyone can be anything different.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just a really unintelligent statement to make.

GoT

Vish
09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm don't agree with that. That sounds like a Fruedian thing, there are all sorts of things going on in the subconcious that we don't see in everyday life, and anger is a part of everyone's personality whether it's seen or not. But, isn't a lot of what Frued said now agreed to be wrong by psychologists? I tend to see things at face value, if a person is happy and friendly and doesn't get angry then I think that person IS happy and does not have anger in his personality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll rephrase your argument in the hope that you'll see how bad it is:

1. What you said sounds like what Freud said.

2. I've heard that Freud was wrong.

3. Therefore, what you said is wrong.

Come on Bruiser, you can do better than that.

And if you really take everyone at face value, you need to do more introspection. When you realize that you yourself have motivations you didn't know about, you'll begin to see ulterior motivations in others.

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clark it's great how you always contribute so much to my threads

[/ QUOTE ]

Like point out inconsistencies in your logic?

InchoateHand
09-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, I've never yet been drunk enough to read what jokerthief wrote and take it seriously and start asking about overly vague vapidly binary "consciousness."

I may have slept with the chick with dentures, but I'm still probably up.

PokerBob
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too almost always.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong. perhaps the fact that i do not understand how anyone can feel any differently while drunk is unintelligent. fine. but the statement itself is not unintelligent. why so smug?

Tron
09-25-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too almost always.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong. perhaps the fact that i do not understand how anyone can feel any differently while drunk is unintelligent. fine. but the statement itself is not unintelligent. why so smug?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand. Show everyone how smart you are by arguing semantics.

PokerBob
09-25-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too almost always.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand. Show everyone how smart you are by arguing semantics.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never claimed to be smart.

RunDownHouse
09-25-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i never claimed to be smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can vouch for that.

When's the next drunken .5/1 O8 game?

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm a happy drunk

Tron
09-25-2005, 03:34 PM
My drinking follows a strang curve...

1-3 Drinks: Tired.

4-5 Drinks: Emotional. This depends on how I felt before I began drinking and the current situation... This is when I tend to get into arguments with and/or profess my love for my companions.

6-8 Drinks: Really, really happy.

9+ Drinks: Drunken stupor.

Yeah, I'm a lightweight.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
"I'll rephrase your argument in the hope that you'll see how bad it is:

Come on Bruiser, you can do better than that."

Wow, okay Mr. Pedantic, thanks for the logic 101 lesson. Go back to Science, Math and Philosophy forum, I'm sure you can have some nice discussions with Skanskly about Christianity.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clark it's great how you always contribute so much to my threads

[/ QUOTE ]

Like point out inconsistencies in your logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah just like that, too bad you choose to do it about superficial inconsistencies on my thoughts about tipping drivers, not about poker hands. i guess that's a step up though from a year ago when you refused to acknowlege me, huh?

InchoateHand
09-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Normal.

Thythe
09-25-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on how much I drink.

After 30 shots or more I pass into the ether. Here the rule are different. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is possible. It's a terrible paradox which demands it's toll. You will see what you don't see and sense the nothing.

The void will call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious. I had to google this as I thought it was quote, but apparently not.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll rephrase your argument in the hope that you'll see how bad it is:

Come on Bruiser, you can do better than that.

And if you really take everyone at face value, you need to do more introspection. When you realize that you yourself have motivations you didn't know about, you'll begin to see ulterior motivations in others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said.

The desire that things always be taken at face value is in itself a desire that some things remain hidden.

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Bruiser,

Chill dude. You seem like a smart kid, try to be objective about this [censored]. Sure your personal philosophy on tipping isn't truly important, but I don't think anybody has ever said it is. People are just pointing out that your reasoning (perhaps subconscious) behind certain beliefs you've expressed seems to be or may be illogical. You're a smart guy and seem to approach other topics and philosophical ideas logically and objectively, why not this? And as much as the topics themselves may not be meaningful, I think you agree that the ability to reason objectively and logically, even within one's self, is an important thing to be able to do. Don't take it personally.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to be smug, sorry if it came across that way. I just think it shows a lack of intelligence to say and truly believe that you cannot grasp how anyone else's mind or psyche could react to a specific experience any other way than exactly how yours did. It just seems strange to me that someone of decent intelligence could actually think that. Maybe that's my problem though. And I'm not trying to be smug, maybe it is. : /

GoT

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I have a feeling I will be performing additional testing tonight.

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
You guys are all retarded.

-Skeme-
09-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I feel happy. It's a fun thing, but your emotions can usually change very quickly. You can be laughing one minute, then something super simple can set you off. I'm a happy drunk, though.

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But we realize that if the price of something is such that we don't change our habits despite reasonable alternatives, that price must not be too high.

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But we realize that if the price of something is such that we don't change our habits despite reasonable alternatives, that price must not be too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Bruiser. I know you can't talk yourself into actually not believing this.

GoT

mslif
09-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I am too friendly /images/graemlins/frown.gif, therefore I don't get drunk (in public places)

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am too friendly /images/graemlins/frown.gif, therefore I don't get drunk (in public places)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean friendly ?

-Skeme-
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I schooled some drunk stripper the other night at Deja Vu.

Her: Do you know why we're doing 3 for 3 right now?
Me: Why?
Her: Because you guys are being bitches and not buying dances.. so buy some.
Me: So by your logic, if I continue to wait, and not buy any dances, the price will continue to decline and become cheaper by the hour?
Her: ..

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

mslif
09-25-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean friendly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes friendly /images/graemlins/frown.gif

09-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Deja Vu is my favorite strip club in Vegas for reasons just like this. Arguing with strippers is hillarious.

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 09:03 PM
It's time to start drinking...and don't give me this 'oh it's Sunday' crap either because I know 1/2 (that's .5 for the metric croud) [censored]-tards don't work anyway.

Drink damnit

Clarkmeister
09-25-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean friendly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes friendly /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, drinks are on me!

Blarg
09-25-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like every guy's favorite kind of woman.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A person can be happy and have an anger well deep within themselves. Find me someone who doesn't have fear, happiness, patience, anger, sorrow, elation, optimism, pessimism, depression, wisdom, foolishness, bravery, hate, love, cruelty, tenderness, ambition and laziness inside them and I'll show you a non-human. Everyone's cocktail of these emotions is different but everyone has all the ingredients.

Are you saying that you don't believe that there is a dichotomy within man?