PDA

View Full Version : Is AA good?

Mangatang
05-12-2003, 01:37 PM
This is a hand from .5/1 Paradise. Did I play this hand with the right amount of aggression?

I'm dealt AA on the button. Folded to me (what's up with that!?!). I raise, BB calls. 2 to the flop.

Flop: J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, BB re-raises, I call. Should I have capped it?

Turn: 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, he re-raises, I call.

River: J /forums/images/icons/club.gif

BB bets, I call.

How did I play? Results later.

Nottom
05-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Its hard to tell since you are heads up against someone who may think you are just trying to steal. I would have probably capped it on the flop, then if he bets out on the turn just call him down. If he checkraise then, I would probably still call him down, but would certainly expect to be shown something big.

It sure looks like he has QJ or 66 though I suppose you can hope he is just way overplaying KQ or AQ

WiredPair
05-12-2003, 01:59 PM
I would have capped the flop for information. He called a raise cold from the big blind knowing it was heads-up, but depending on whether or not he is a good player, he may have put you on a steal with your PFR.

However, would be a little concerned with his flop raise. Since he didn't reraise pre-flop, its hard to put him on a big pair. My thought is that the flop is still a cheaper street and if he bets into you on the turn, you can probably put him on QJ for the flopped two pair (or maybe slow playing a big pair). I think then you can safely lay down on the turn bet. Maybe that is playing too passive (on the turn), but I think its what I would have done.

Mangatang
05-12-2003, 04:39 PM
BB showed KJo for rivered trips to beat me.

He must have pegged me for a blind steal from the beginning, to keep ramming his middle pair like he did. Looking back, I should have capped the flop, then if he came out betting the turn I could have just called him down. I would've at least saved a SB as it turned out (or gained a SB if his other Jack didn't show up).