PDA

View Full Version : MTT with 77 in the small blind.

whiskeytown
09-25-2005, 01:51 AM
let me run this by you -

I have a very tight table image - gotten away with a lot of raises, no call. -

I'm 77 in the SB - 300/600 blinds with $50 ante - 60 players before the money - button has 36K, and I have 7K and the BB has 4K

it folds all around to button who raises to 1800.

I figure my only two choices are all-in or fold for what's probably a coinflip at best, so I lay it down. He laid down when I raised his BB and he could have easily afforded two more bets, so I think he's good.

Anyone here with a tight table image wanna repop it into one of the top 3 chipleaders?

RB

LethalRose
09-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Very easy push. The button here can have any 2 if he is playing correctly. Definate push with your relatively small stack. If you run into a better hand it happens. My last 2 MTT's i've busted by runbing into AA vs my KK in the blinds, crazy things happen, but usually you pickup a nice pot here without showing down your hand.

seeing as youre relatively small stacked the big stack will probably call with crap hands like KQ. But there isnt much you can do about that.

whiskeytown
09-25-2005, 01:57 AM
I just thought if I got a hand I could do better then a coin flip when I still had 10 times the BB

I've gotten up to 9300 now.

RB

fnurt
09-25-2005, 02:00 AM
With 10xBB a coinflip is generally good. Here you are probably better than a coinflip because he may fold, and he may call you with a hand like A6.

So maybe you have a 60% edge here or whatever... the point is with 10xBB or less, it's totally not worth folding away the blinds a time or two in hopes of getting a 65% or 70% edge in a couple rounds.

09-25-2005, 02:00 AM
This situation is the reason to have a tight table image... The button has lesser opening requirements in late position and against a tighter player. He knows you'll call less pot openings. The chances are lower than they would be for an unknown player having a strong hand, especially given the fact that you stole some of his BBs. I'd put him on a steal with a marginal holding

A reraise here (all-in) could take it down, based on your tighter table image. You aren't necessarily desperate so he might not peg you for that, and as you said, at worst you're most likely a coin-flip. Might as well reraise now while your stack will damage his stack if you win.

LethalRose
09-25-2005, 02:08 AM
absolutely, a fold here is not horrible. You're not quite desperate yet. but your hand is very strong vs the typical steal raise. Whether or not i fold here or push would be based on the buttons image, how often he raises, what he calls large raises with, etc..etc..