PDA

View Full Version : Quit too early?

incognito
05-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Online $1/$2. I'm one before the cutoff with A /forums/images/icons/club.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. UTG bets, UTG+2 raises, all fold to me and I cap. The two bettors call.

The flop comes T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, I raise, UTG calls two cold, UTG+2 reraises, I just call. So does UTG.

The turn comes 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif. UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, we both call.

The river comes 10 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, we both call.

Should I have put it more bets here? Thie hand happened sometime over the weekend and I can't remember what I was thinking at the time. In the cold light of day, I think I should definitely have put in more money on the turn, as UTG's cold call on the flop could be a draw of some kind.

Nottom
05-12-2003, 02:32 PM
I think I would certainly pop the guy again on the turn, the only reasonable hand to be afraid of is QQ or maybe TT, if he re-raises here, then you can call him down since he can certainly be pushing KK or AQ here.

Also be careful with your terminolgy preflop ... when you say UTG bets I think you mean raise.

incognito
05-12-2003, 05:51 PM
My aces are good. Both opponents have JJ.

Louie Landale
05-12-2003, 07:01 PM
If UTG2 has KK then he has to really start worrying about YOUR hand once you 4-bet pre-flop cold and raise ON the flop. Once he 3-bets you should be justifiably conserned.

Heads-up in-position this is a no-brainer call-him-down situation. With the 3rd player in: its no disaster if you let him in with a 4-outer (he has AK or AJ) or 2-outer (he has AQ. If he has a big draw (like QJs) you cannot get him out. So MAYBE you want to raise the turn to put pressure on him, but I'd say the chances that you are beat by UTG2 is pretty high.

- Louie