PDA

View Full Version : Psychology test.

gamblore99
09-25-2005, 12:36 AM
My dad gave this to me a long time ago, it was cool test, but I doubt it had any actual validity despite his adamant convictions it did.

It goes something like this
YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it?
Can you see the tops of the trees?
Are their animals?
What is the ground like beneath you?
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up?
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight?
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it?

I think I am missing some. But all the things are supposed to say stuff about you. Take the test if you want, and I will post the meaning of things later. Does anyone know what this test is called, or do they have a link to a site with the details of it? thanks.

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Stay out of my mind!

Stuey
09-25-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? Noonish
Can you see the tops of the trees? Oh yah
Are their animals? Yup but I only know this as I can hear birds singing
What is the ground like beneath you? Warm
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?White coffee looking cup. I leave it be.
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up?Plain boring looking key. I leave it be. If someone lost it there is a better chance of them finding it if I leave it here.
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?Nothing bears rarely attack people unless they are starving so I go on shore.
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them.The castle small and sturdy no windows though. It looks like it is ment to be there as moss and vines have grown up the walls and it looks like part of the landscape not like modern buildings. It seems to be in much better shape than a castle should be someone must still be taking care of it.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight?The path is a good size to walk on but to narrow for much else. It is winding and I can't tell how long it is.
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it?Nope I like to walk and I don't have plans to go very far anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/b]Yup as I though crazy as a loon! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LBJ
09-25-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad gave this to me a long time ago, it was cool test, but I doubt it had any actual validity despite his adamant convictions it did.

YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? (late afternoon, early evening...maybe 4 pm)
Can you see the tops of the trees? (nope)
Are their animals? (nope)
What is the ground like beneath you? (a bunch of leaves are over the floor and branches)
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up? (um...its glass, maybe porcelin. i dont pick it up)
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? (a normal house key, i dont pick it up)
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? (stay the [censored] away from the other side, go back)
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. (its big, has a bunch of small glass windows)
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? (winding)
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? (no, i wouldnt know how to control it)

Now tell me what it means. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sephus
09-25-2005, 01:14 AM
You're in the forest,
what time of day is it?

4 pm.

no.

Are their animals?

there are some birds around.

it's dirt with old dead leaves and junk.

it's just an ordinary clay cup. no, it's dirty.

it's a rusted car key. no because the car it starts is probably rusted too.

You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?

i yell "hey bear!" and it runs away.

it's big and gray. yes, the windows are just retangular holes.

it's winding, it has to go around the castle.

no, it's not mine and i have nowhere to go anyway.

AlexSem
09-25-2005, 01:19 AM
what time of day is it?

Daytime, sunny

No

Are their animals?

Squirrels maybe

For some reason I imagine old christmas tree green thingies that fall off the tree when it gets old? Covering the ground so it's soft and warm I guess.

One of those round ceramic cups. Do I pick it up, dunno. No? Yes? Dunno :P

Key to my apartment building entrance. Do I pick it up, um dunno.

Go back to the other side.

A toy castle made out of candy or something really childish like that. No windows, just an entrance.

Path = straight, winding = too scary :P

Heck no.

toddw8
09-25-2005, 01:30 AM
what time of day is it? Afternoon.
Can you see the tops of the trees? Yep.
Are their animals? Quite a few birds.
What is the ground like beneath you? Dead pine needles, soft.
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up? Old dirty white mug, no.
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? Big old fasioned rusty key. Yeah, it looks pretty cool.
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? Stop and watch it for a while. It doesn't see me. It eventually wanders off and I finish crossing.
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. Huge grey stone castle. Small windows with bars on them
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? It's winding uphill.
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? Nope.

DougShrapnel
09-25-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? Don't know
Can you see the tops of the trees? Now I can
Are their animals? Now there are
What is the ground like beneath you? slighty muddy
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?It's gold and yes
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? Skeleton, yes
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? Watch
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. It's made of stone, it's to far away to tell anything about the windows.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? Winding
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? Yes

I think I am missing some. But all the things are supposed to say stuff about you. Take the test if you want, and I will post the meaning of things later. Does anyone know what this test is called, or do they have a link to a site with the details of it? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

kurosh
09-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I've heard a similar version and I think it has a lot of validity.

Dave G.
09-25-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? Early afternoon.
Can you see the tops of the trees? Yes, but they're really tall.
Are their animals? I hear birds chirping and the like, so yes.
What is the ground like beneath you? Solid, leaves and pine needles and dirt, the occasional rock.
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up? It's dirty and made of porcelain. No, I'm not touching that [censored].
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? It's a big golden key, the kind that might open a treasure chest or large door. Yes I pick it up, I like shiny things.
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? I decide not to cross to the other side. I have an aversion to being eaten.
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. It's got large bricks of dark grey stone and has circular cone shaped roofs. It's not that grand, but it looks pretty cool nonetheless. There are windows, but not with glass in them. Just open holes in the wall where archers would fire their bows during an attack.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? It's fairly well troden, very easy to see in the ground. It's a dirt path that has a few twists and turns in it.
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? I might take a look, but I wouldn't get into it intending to take a ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing the meanings.

radek2166
09-25-2005, 10:19 AM
what time of day is it?

No clue forgot my watch at home, opps I dont even own a watch

Can you see the tops of the trees.

some

What is the ground like beneath you? Grass and some mushrooms. Hey they look like magic mushrooms. I will just try 1. Ummmmmmmm magic mushrooms

Are their animals? Sheep lots of sheep

its a tumbler. underneath it says drink me. Now I wonder does it really say that or is the shurroms kicking in? I smeel it. Jack and coke. Nice!!!!!

yes I pick up the key. Its just a plain key.

I look at the bear. Kinda a funny looking bear. Looks like A suit. Is it a suit? or is it the mushrooms. Might be both. I get in the boat go over. Hot damn its a suit. It takes its head off. wow!!!! is it? no it cant be! its, its, Nicole Scherzinger. Nice! So me doing what any gentalmen would do. I lick it and stick it!!!!!! o [censored] was that really her or was that a sheep. Damn mushrooms. I think it is her. I am sure it is her. No way would I stick it to a sheep or, would I? Nah not that desperate yet.

Its a gingerbread castle. No windows. But their is a peep hole. I look in the peep hole along with nicky. I can call her nicky now after the work out i gave her.

We look in and we see midgets. Is that yes its martha stewart. Must be a sweatshop. That explains all the ugly shirts

straight

Hell yeah we get in. We finish what we started when she took that stupid bear costume off.

wheelz
09-25-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? 2:30 pm
Can you see the tops of the trees?no
Are their animals?no
What is the ground like beneath you?slightly muddy, lots of rocks and broken branches around
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?a white teacup with a blue stripe around the top, it's dirty. no.
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up?a dirty , big old fashioned like key... no.
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?look around for somewhere else to go where there isn't a bear..
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. like a big... castle. an outer wall, big towers on the inside... like a [censored] castle. big stained glass windows, long and skinny with curved tops and pane-like design.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight?yellow-brown looseish dirt, winding
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it?no

[/ QUOTE ]

bleu329
09-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I think my English teacher gave this to the class in 8th grade. If not it was a fairly similar psychological test.

STLantny
09-25-2005, 03:43 PM
YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? 2pm
Can you see the tops of the trees? Yes, barely

Are their animals? rabbits and birds and squirrels
What is the ground like beneath you? leaves dirt rocks and fallen trees
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up? styrofome, no
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? Skeleton key, yes
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? chill adn watch it
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them. big dark ages castle, with stain glass
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? winding
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? no

NLSoldier
09-25-2005, 03:50 PM
YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? MIDNIGHT
Can you see the tops of the trees? NO
Are their animals? YES
What is the ground like beneath you? COVERED IN LEAVES
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up? ITS BLUE PLASTIC, NO
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up? YES, ITS GOLD
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do? TURN AROUND
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? NO, ITS BIG AND SCARY LOOKING
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight? WINDING, I CANT SEE WHERE IT LEADS
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it? NO

gamblore99
09-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok guys here are the answers from what I remember. My answers are a probably a little inaccurate but here they are any way.

1. YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it?
I believe this is supposed to have something to do with maturity. Mature people supposedly say sunrise or sunset.

2.Can you see the tops of the trees?
If you can see the tops of the trees, you have direction in your life. You know where you are going. If not, then you are a little unsure or confused.

3. Are their animals?
The animals are an indication of your sex life. Bigger animals are better (I think). If a girl says she sees a tiger, lion or other scarey animal then she has probably had a really bad sexual experience, like rape or molestation.

4. What is the ground like beneath you? I'm very unsure of this one, I think it may be something like confidence.

5. You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?
The cup is love. Your description of it and whether or not you keep it says something about you and love.

6. You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up?
THe key is friendship.

7. You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?
The bear represents authority. How you deal with the bear is how you deal with authority.

8. You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them.
The castle is how you see yourself. The windows are how accessible you are. Big windows- you are easy to get to know etc.

9. You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight?
No clue for this one.

10. You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it?
If you are ruled by your heart you jump in. If you don't you make decisions with your mind.

Thats all I remember. I was really hoping someone could give me more info about this test. The fact that it is so unpopular makes me more likely to think that it is very invalid, but still. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

edit: just looking over the wording, for love and the the cup I put "do you pick it up?" but I think it is supposed to be "do you keep it?" - this might have an effect on how the question is percieved.

Stuey
09-25-2005, 04:39 PM
You are letting us down here. So I will take over here even though I have not idea what I'm doing I am sure I can do better than your feeble attempt at scoring these test. yesh

Stuey
09-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stay out of my mind!

[/ QUOTE ]

Failed! Does not get along well with others. Refusal to follow simple commands leads me to believe he has suffered sever emotional trauma in the past.

radek2166
09-25-2005, 04:47 PM
So stuey how mess up and I? I really prefer goats to sheep. Grab dem'der horns and hold on!!!

Stuey
09-25-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

YOur in the forset,
what time of day is it? Noonish
Can you see the tops of the trees? Oh yah
Are their animals? Yup but I only know this as I can hear birds singing
What is the ground like beneath you? Warm
You see a cup, what is it like, do you pick it up?White coffee looking cup. I leave it be.
You see a key, what is it like, do you pick it up?Plain boring looking key. I leave it be. If someone lost it there is a better chance of them finding it if I leave it here.
You walk, find a boat and are crossing the water. On the other side you see a bear. What do you do?Nothing bears rarely attack people unless they are starving so I go on shore.
You come to a castle, what is it like? Are their windows? Describe them.The castle small and sturdy no windows though. It looks like it is ment to be there as moss and vines have grown up the walls and it looks like part of the landscape not like modern buildings. It seems to be in much better shape than a castle should be someone must still be taking care of it.
You see a path, what is it like? is it winding or straight?The path is a good size to walk on but to narrow for much else. It is winding and I can't tell how long it is.
You see a horse and carriage with no one around. Do you get in it?Nope I like to walk and I don't have plans to go very far anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/b]Yup as I though crazy as a loon! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Noonish is this even a word or are you always trying this hard to sound cool? But at least it is early which might be a sign of maturity. More likely it’s what time you get up in the morning. Yah I am talking to myself but play along k.

So you can see the top of the trees. You got direction in your life your going straight to hell but it is direction.

You hear bird singing. Your animal is to small not impressive at all you can't even see it. Your sex life is in your imagination man!

The ground is warm hey? Well at least you have confidence, false misguided but confidant at least. You go man go far far away.

White coffee cup and you leave it there. You think love is ordinary and you don't see the value in keeping loved ones around long as you can just replace them. Dude we need to be locking you up.

Plain looking key and you leave it there. Your lack of need for friendship puts you firmly in the serial killer profile now.

So you are not afraid of bear hey? This shows me that you never respect authority and try to challenge it at every opportunity.

No windows in your castle fits in with you close of personal life. Again the size of your castle points to an underlying feeling of inadequacy in the size department.

Gota skip the path question, as we don't know why it was included. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

By not getting in the carriage we know you are make decisions with your mind. To bad you have a bad on with which to make decisions though.

Carry on you will be incarcerated soon if there is any justice left in this world.

Stuey
09-25-2005, 05:34 PM
what time of day is it?

You are so immature you do not even register on this test. You may have never left the womb or you just crawled into the first one you meet and have never left.

some
Wow some direction we have hope

What is the ground like beneath you? Grass and some mushrooms. Hey they look like magic mushrooms. I will just try 1. Ummmmmmmm magic mushrooms
You have a ton of confidence!! Unfortunately you need to be under the influence of drugs to even be able to leave the house.

Nice sized animal but sheep can also be a sign of an underlying willingness to SIIAnythingsP. Really not a flaw per say.

its a tumbler. underneath it says drink me. Now I wonder does it really say that or is the shurroms kicking in? I smeel it. Jack and coke. Nice!!!!!
This shows us that you grasp love without a second thought but need written directions in order to get it right. You may also fall in love with a homeless bag lady that smells like old forgotten jack and coke. On the bright side she will have no teeth so the head will make up for any negatives here.

You will be friends with anyone if they let you

I look at the bear. Kinda a funny looking bear. Looks like A suit. Is it a suit? or is it the mushrooms. Might be both. I get in the boat go over. Hot damn its a suit. It takes its head off. wow!!!! is it? no it cant be! its, its, Nicole Scherzinger. Nice! So me doing what any gentalmen would do. I lick it and stick it!!!!!! o [censored] was that really her or was that a sheep. Damn mushrooms. I think it is her. I am sure it is her. No way would I stick it to a sheep or, would I? Nah not that desperate yet.

You just Fucked with authority and thouroghly enjoyed it dude. Big points here!!

Its a gingerbread castle. No windows. But their is a peep hole. I look in the peep hole along with nicky. I can call her nicky now after the work out i gave her.

No windows you are hard to get to know

We look in and we see midgets. Is that yes its martha stewart. Must be a sweatshop. That explains all the ugly shirts
You view yourself as a candy coated overworked underpaid sell-out. You are average.

straight
This question must mean something. I'm going with straight meaning you had wood when you typed this. I only say this as I know I am right.

Hell yeah we get in. We finish what we started when she took that stupid bear costume off.
Ruled by your heart. Cool

So to sum it up...

You are as immature as it gets yet you have some direction in your life. It directs you to take drugs to give you confidence that you need to function. And that allows for a good although odd sex life but you are always the submissive partner. Hello strap-on!! gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stuey
09-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Further readings by request only as I'm getting lazy/bored of this.

radek2166
09-25-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what time of day is it?

You are so immature you do not even register on this test. You may have never left the womb or you just crawled into the first one you meet and have never left.

some
Wow some direction we have hope

You have a ton of confidence!! Unfortunately you need to be under the influence of drugs to even be able to leave the house.

Nice sized animal but sheep can also be a sign of an underlying willingness to SIIAnythingsP. Really not a flaw per say.

This shows us that you grasp love without a second thought but need written directions in order to get it right. You may also fall in love with a homeless bag lady that smells like old forgotten jack and coke. On the bright side she will have no teeth so the head will make up for any negatives here.

You will be friends with anyone if they let you

You just Fucked with authority and thouroghly enjoyed it dude. Big points here!!

No windows you are hard to get to know

You view yourself as a candy coated overworked underpaid sell-out. You are average.

straight
This question must mean something. I'm going with straight meaning you had wood when you typed this. I only say this as I know I am right.

Ruled by your heart. Cool

So to sum it up...

You are as immature as it gets yet you have some direction in your life. It directs you to take drugs to give you confidence that you need to function. And that allows for a good although odd sex life but you are always the submissive partner. Hello strap-on!! gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn thats what my dad said to me.