PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hand #1

Joe Tall
05-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Everyone and their dog limp to me in the CO and I hold
J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and I limp, the Button raises. Both Blinds call and everyone plus the one guy who folded calls (kiddingly but it defines the game).

9 (yes 9!!) to the Flop for 2 bets each:
2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I'm very happy to see a rainbow since there is a bunch of ASAPs (any suited any position) on this game. All check to me, I check the button bets, 2 caller and all fold to the guy next to me who check-raises, I three bet and he says, 'hmmm, thats interesting.' Button calls, others fold and check-rasier calls.

Turn: 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Check, Bet, call, call

River: T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Check-raiser bets!, I raise, Button call, Check-raiser calls.

What did we have??

Tyler Durden
05-12-2003, 01:55 PM
I'm going to guess that you had J /forums/images/icons/spade.gifT /forums/images/icons/spade.gif.

has this joke been made already?

Tyler Durden
05-12-2003, 01:58 PM
I don't like your flop play--you want to bet with what is probably the best hand--and let the button raise like he wants to. That way, all the opponents who have checked will be forced to call two bets cold as opposed to just one. This is a good way to reduce the field and limit opponents' chances of drawing out on you.

Tyler Durden
05-12-2003, 02:10 PM
The button had blinders on and couldn't see that his overpair was no good. He's not just a calling station, he's a phonebooth and should start doing 10-10-220 commercials.

I think you and the other guy had the same hand.

Homer
05-12-2003, 02:33 PM
I may have heard about this hand already, but since my memory is horrible and I don't remember, I'll give it a shot.

Button had an overpair he refused to lay down - I'll go with AA
Check-raiser had JT or 22 - I'll go with 22
You had JT because you told us at the beginning of the post.

-- Homer

Joe Tall
05-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Button had KK.
Check rasier had ATo.

And my Tens full took it down.

JTG51
05-13-2003, 03:31 AM
I guess this was from the 2/4 game before you came to play 4/8 with us?

I won't bother guessing the hands since I already read the results... I mean I think the button had KK and the other guy had AT.

The only thing I'd do differently is to bet the flop and pray the button has an overpair that he'll raise. You'd really like people to fold their 3 and 4 out draws if possible (A2 or 87 for example).

Check raising makes the pot so big that your opponents will have the right odds to call with any kind of draw all the way to the river. When the pot gets this big, improving your chances of winning becomes more important than collecting extra bets.

Ralle
05-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Aah, but the button was unlucky. Bad beat for him. The ATo-guy check-raising is a mystery, though.