PDA

View Full Version : dealer shuffles cards, whats the play?

jnalpak
09-25-2005, 12:03 AM
its a 8 man SNG NL Tourney and we are now down to 3...its pretty late and we are all kind of drunk. The friend whose home it is dealing and there are some other conversations going on...

the hand is dealt and action occurs as i raise from EP...I get one caller and as the third person to act is about to do something we watch as our host starts talking to those out of the game is CHOPPING the deck in half a FEW times.

At this point someone calls out the K of spades goes to the middle deck and the third player yet to act declares the hand dead b/c it puts him at a disadvantage as he tables KJsuited...i had 10Jhears and the other guy had JJ.

Whats the play here?

My argument was that since there was action from "non blinds" the hand continues. whats the play?

being that i was dominated 2 ways i didnt care and what we wound up doing was everyone calling my raise and dealing the hand out...

i won with a boat and took the money in the pot but thats not the point

how could this situation have been handled smoother?

JonPKibble
09-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Dealer messed with the deck, I would kill the hand and start it over. Find a dedicated dealer who's sober.

Jackarama_
09-25-2005, 10:06 AM
the dealer riffles twice , cuts the deck , riffles again,and the hand continues.and you tell him not to mess with the cards during a hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

smoore
09-25-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the dealer riffles twice , cuts the deck , riffles again,and the hand continues.and you tell him not to mess with the cards during a hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. It's probably not "proper" but because we've had action on hole cards and the rest of the deck is still random it keeps with the spirit of the rules.

I would add: And make him wear a dunce cap for at least an hour.

Benoit
09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its a 8 man SNG NL Tourney and we are now down to 3...its pretty late and we are all kind of drunk. The friend whose home it is dealing and there are some other conversations going on...

the hand is dealt and action occurs as i raise from EP...I get one caller and as the third person to act is about to do something we watch as our host starts talking to those out of the game is CHOPPING the deck in half a FEW times.

At this point someone calls out the K of spades goes to the middle deck and the third player yet to act declares the hand dead b/c it puts him at a disadvantage as he tables KJsuited...i had 10Jhears and the other guy had JJ.

Whats the play here?

My argument was that since there was action from "non blinds" the hand continues. whats the play?

being that i was dominated 2 ways i didnt care and what we wound up doing was everyone calling my raise and dealing the hand out...

i won with a boat and took the money in the pot but thats not the point

how could this situation have been handled smoother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the guy that tabled his hand is a fold as I understand it, but if he wants to keep playing, I would let him for the spirit of the game.

But in any case I'd say keep the muck seperate but take the cards that were left to be dealt in the deck and reshuffle, then proceed as normal with the burn card, etc. They have something similar to that in the rules for dealing the flop before action is done, so I would just borrow from that.