PDA

View Full Version : Suited Connectors with a favorabe flop??

Tom22
09-24-2005, 10:55 PM
What is the probability of that a suited connector (i.e. 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) would hit a favorabe flop. By favorable flop I mean hitting one of the following situations:
1. Four of a kind
2. full house
3. Three of a kind
4. Straight
5. Flush
5. 4 to a open ended straight
6. 4 to a flush

I'm looking for the probablity of each scenario and also the probability for the total (I wouldn't think it would be simply of adding them all together)

If you also can briefly explain the math, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom22
09-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Sorry, I forgot to include two pairs as well.

This scenario actually happened to me in a real game. I had KK vs. 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and knowing the probablity would help me determine how much I should reraise in order to have the right odds. If I raise too much the opponent would fold but I also don't want to give him the correct odds to call.

BruceZ
09-25-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the probability of that a suited connector (i.e. 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) would hit a favorabe flop. By favorable flop I mean hitting one of the following situations:
1. Four of a kind
2. full house
3. Three of a kind
4. Straight
5. Flush
5. 4 to a open ended straight
6. 4 to a flush

I'm looking for the probablity of each scenario and also the probability for the total (I wouldn't think it would be simply of adding them all together)

If you also can briefly explain the math, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

See this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2948434&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1).

Mike Haven
09-25-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This scenario actually happened to me in a real game. I had KK vs. 67s and knowing the probablity would help me determine how much I should reraise in order to have the right odds. If I raise too much the opponent would fold but I also don't want to give him the correct odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will never know what the other person has with this exactitude. Often, reraising with a pot-sized bet is regarded as fairly standard. This disguises your hand, and gives your opponent the wrong odds on many of his possible hands.

09-25-2005, 08:48 PM
look it up on a graph on the net