PDA

View Full Version : Obscure family guy references, please help!

theben
09-24-2005, 10:30 PM
The episode 2 weeks ago, where brian dates meg's teacher. When they first met, the show played some music which was clearly a reference to an older movie or TV show. for some reason, i thought it might be a reference to 'a bronx tale'. can somebody confirm/refute this?

tonypaladino
09-24-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The episode 2 weeks ago, where brian dates meg's teacher. When they first met, the show played some music which was clearly a reference to an older movie or TV show. for some reason, i thought it might be a reference to 'a bronx tale'. can somebody confirm/refute this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's the music playing when the kid meets the black girl he falls in love with in A Bronx Tale

theben
09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
OH YEAH

that is what i assumed, but it has been so long since i saw a bronx tale

tonypaladino
09-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the first time I watched it, I couldn't quite place it, but then when I saw it again it clicked right away.

Genius reference by the way.

theben
09-24-2005, 10:52 PM
i also need to check last weeks micheal moore farting contest. apparently, it was dueling banjos (deliverance) i must watch it again

Bradyams
09-24-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i also need to check last weeks micheal moore farting contest. apparently, it was dueling banjos (deliverance) i must watch it again

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://media.putfile.com/Out-Farting-Michael-Moore)