PDA

View Full Version : PokerStat Data

Legenda
05-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Just a quick question. Ive been using PokerStat for a while now and find it a fairly useful package, predominantly in the early stages for personal play analysis. The usefulness of the package will obviously increase as the amount of data builds. Does anyone know of anywhere where pokerstat data can be shared? Purchased? Or Simply downloaded?

Thanks

LG

dux
05-12-2003, 10:38 PM
No, I don't, but I'll bump the post up to the to top of the forum so somebody who does might answer.

beernutz
05-13-2003, 04:20 AM
I believe it only reads hand histories for the player nick {account} it is registered to. I could be wrong. Hopefully Tony will see this and respond.

Legenda
05-13-2003, 10:23 AM
was thinking someone, or company may hand downloaded lots of hands with various players in. This would instantly make the software infinitely more useful.... LG /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jeffro
05-13-2003, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure pokerstat will only read hands where the registered user name is seated at a table for a hand.

Legenda
05-14-2003, 09:57 AM
would be good if someone could set up an exchange for hand history data. no?

Jeffro
05-14-2003, 10:31 AM
If it read all hands then anybody could pass on the software and use it, think this is there protection method. Now if you wanted to get around this a bit I think you can. Lets say you were able to obtain some hand histories, you could replace the username that gave you the hand histories with yours just using a simple find and replace, the only two problems I see is you could not have been in any of the hands, and this will not reflect your stats, but if you used to seperate databases this might work just tracking other players.

Legenda
05-14-2003, 11:07 AM
The program will let you download data for hands that you are not in, but you simple have to get copies of the hand tanscripts in the first place. Just thought that there migth be someone out there who would have access to lots of these files having backed them up.

thwang99
05-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Hi Beernutz,

Actually, PokerStat can read any hands, even ones the registered user is not playing in. I know a lot of users trade hand histories among each other. The thing with this is, when you trade hand histories you are making your own play available to the other person. So people generally only do this with friends they trust.

- Tony

Legenda
05-14-2003, 12:44 PM
ty.
Ever thought about setting something up where people could exchange hand histories? I have a few friends who play on the internet but none of them use Pokerstat- i suppose that's an incentive to pursuade them.

Your right about other people instantly getting your play-probably why I refer to download than exchange..... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

beernutz
05-14-2003, 01:25 PM
I have 15000 Paradise hands in my database. The question is, why should I share them with you?

thwang99
05-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi Legenda,

That's the thing. People don't want to share their play and their hands. Hand histories are something you "pay" for with your play at an online site. It's one of the features of online poker that you get. Anyways, if your friends play on Paradise, just have them use PokerStat (they don't have to register it, just use it for the HistoryGrabber feature to request hands).

Then have them email their hand histories to you.

- Tony