PDA

View Full Version : AT hand against LAG

spydog
09-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Button is 43/25/2.2 after 40 hands

Fold this preflop? My plan is to checkraise any ragged flop.

Maybe I played this one perfectly? Maybe I messed up every street?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

UncleSalty
09-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I would 3-bet PF to isolate and pretty much automatically lead the flop. Isn't this just a classic blind steal situation? This guy raises too much (small read sample nonwithstanding) to give him much credit for a better hand and we'd like to get it heads up.

slik
09-24-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I would 3-bet PF to isolate and pretty much automatically lead the flop. Isn't this just a classic blind steal situation? This guy raises too much (small read sample nonwithstanding) to give him much credit for a better hand and we'd like to get it heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting preflop to isolate is a good idea. checkraising on the flop with A high against 3 other opponents is spewing. calling the flop with only 1 overcard is weak too. should fold the flop given your play preflop.

09-25-2005, 12:16 AM
hey spydog,

question about the CO. has he only been opening light in blind steals where he is the first one to come in? or is he just raising whatever, wherever, regardless of how many people are already in or not? because imo, this really isn't a blind steal since there are 2 limpers. it'd be nice to get it HU with him but that's unlikely. i'd probably fold preflop, fwiw.

this would be an easy call in the bb though, right?

adamstewart
09-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Easy fold preflop.

You've got 3 people already in this pot. You didn't mention a read on CO, but it doesn't really matter. ATo is not a hand you want to invest 3 bets preflop to play in a multiway pot.

Adam

Drontier
09-25-2005, 01:35 AM
43/25 I think this is an easy 3 bet pf. (even though reads on the limpers would be nice) You really want to get this hand heads up, and against this 2.2 AF loose CO you can even c/c him down if u miss. I put him on a fairly wide range of hands here and I think ATo is too valuiable here to fold. of course getting capped wouild make me want to puke.

adamstewart
09-25-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
43/25 I think this is an easy 3 bet pf. (even though reads on the limpers would be nice) You really want to get this hand heads up, and against this 2.2 AF loose CO you can even c/c him down if u miss. I put him on a fairly wide range of hands here and I think ATo is too valuiable here to fold. of course getting capped wouild make me want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, investing 3 bets to try to gets heads up, out of position, with the strong chance that at least one of the limpers is also coming along ... with ATo .... is a great play.

Not.

Adam

cartman
09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
I think too much has to go right for this story to end well. I would have folded preflop, but since you didn't, I think you have no choice but to check fold the flop.

Cartman

gildwulf
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
You didn't take control of the hand preflop so you can't really pull a move like this on the flop. This is definitely spewing chips.