PDA

View Full Version : More Passively Played JJ

toss
09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I usually cap this PF or raise the flop, but I had a read on SB on being tight (even though I only played 2 or 3 rings with him).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks...

Capping PF is always an option. Flop call? What about the turn raise? Any value in betting the river?

Redd
09-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't like the flop call. You're letting the guy behind you and the SB draw cheaply to alot of overcards.

toss
09-24-2005, 09:13 PM
If I raised he'd still often be getting 6.5:1 with 6 outs.

Redd
09-24-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I raised he'd still often be getting 6.5:1 with 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But:
1) you still make money off of every bet that goes in the pot.
2) the guy behind you likely doesn't have 6 outs and therefore usually can't make a profitable call.
3) if both of you stay in, you can't be sure he'll continuation-lead the turn 3-way, so this may be the best chance you've got to protect.

Plus getting 3-bet on the flop is less expensive than getting 3-bet on the turn.

toss
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Thats true, villains will often be sharing overcards and its also possible CO has a gutshot.

Guruman
09-25-2005, 12:51 AM
-blind response-

how did you come to your tight read on the villain? What range did you put him on with this flop?

I'd cap pf to either get the poster in with an inferior hand, or maybe convince him to fold his Kx or Ax when it comes back 2 to him.

on the flop I'd still raise against a tight villain for a few reasons:

1)even if villain is tight, AK, AQ, KQ, maybe AJs are in his range here.

2)we're still worried about CO acting behind us. By just calling, we allow him to stick around with Ax or Kx hands.

Also, I don't understand why you'd just call a T high flop but raise a turn Q if you're worried about a tight villain.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hicherbie
09-25-2005, 07:19 AM
hiya toss.

i think this hand is easier to play if you raise the flop. you should try and take the lead while its still cheap and while your hand might still be ahead of most of his range.

whats your thinking behind the turn raise? HU, it seems spewey vs a tight player.

i dont really see what calls a turn raise and river bet that you beat...

oh also, i call the 3bet here pf.

adsman
09-25-2005, 07:52 AM
What hands that a tight player 3 bets preflop that you beat are going to call you on this river?