PDA

View Full Version : Lime Beer

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't know if this is something that everyone has tried, or something my friends came up with.

You mix a frozen can of limeade with about 10-12 beers in a big pot. Enjoy.

If you haven't tried this before, I suggest you give it a shot. It's pretty tasty. Plus it makes cheap beer taste much better.

Bradyams
09-24-2005, 08:55 PM
That's kind of like a drink we'd make in high school called "liquid crack". It's been awhile so I can't remember the exact proportions but it was something like:

1 handle of cheap vodka
20 cheap beers
1 tub of Country Time lemonade mix

Sounds disgusting, but it wasn't bad at all, and it snuck up on you too.

Cubswin
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
If you haven't tried this before, I suggest you give it a shot. It's pretty tasty

beer by itself is tasty enough for me.

the only thing beer should ever be mixed with is tomato juice.

MrWookie47
09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't tried this before, I suggest you give it a shot. It's pretty tasty

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of mixing beer with tomato juice, but you can make a great drink called a black velvet that is 1 oz. Guinness (or any stout) and 5 oz of Brut Champagne. Garnish with a twist of lemon for a real treat.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You took out the part that makes that sentence mean something.... plus it makes cheap beer taste much better. That is the main purpose of this mixture.

I would never do this with good beer

Jimbo
09-24-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard of mixing beer with tomato juice,

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is, WOW!

MrWookie47
09-24-2005, 09:21 PM
What? Have I been living under a rock or something? Tomato juice makes a Bloody Mary mixed with vodka and more, and it makes a Red Snapper when mixed with gin and the same "more," but I'm missing the beer thing. Could that even be remotely good?

Cubswin
09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Its known as a poor mans bloody mary, or bloody beer. its a great 'hair of the dog' drink....

STLantny
09-24-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What? Have I been living under a rock or something? Tomato juice makes a Bloody Mary mixed with vodka and more, and it makes a Red Snapper when mixed with gin and the same "more," but I'm missing the beer thing. Could that even be remotely good?

[/ QUOTE ]

havent you seen cocktail?

Drew16
09-24-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is something that everyone has tried, or something my friends came up with.

You mix a frozen can of limeade with about 10-12 beers in a big pot. Enjoy.

If you haven't tried this before, I suggest you give it a shot. It's pretty tasty. Plus it makes cheap beer taste much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had it. Its okay, not great.

Blarg
09-24-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love ya Cubs, but this isn't a persuasive post.

Blarg
09-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Most Mexicans I know put lemon, chile and salt on most everything, even stuff it has no business on, like peaches and oranges.

Little surprise then that a sticking a wedge of lime into their bottle of beer, or squeezing some lemon into it, is pretty standard with them.

It's okay. Lemon and lime are suprisingly good in all kinds of dishes it might not occur they belong anywhere near. But it can be as boring as ketchup slopped over everything after a while. Sometimes you just gotta let things taste like themselves and not make everything taste like your one favorite flavor.

It's worth trying if you never have, and it's not bad. But if you're drinking decent beer, you don't need to do anything to it. I'd do this with garbage beers once in a while, but wouldn't do it to good beers.

jokerthief
09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Real men just drink beer and liquor straight.

Put on some pants and repress your creativity. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I once got a chick because she was turned on because I drank nothing but liquor straight in front of her. This is even more evidence that chicks do not dig the metrosexual.