09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
How many times have you tried?

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get high. Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you do.
Try smoking something other than oregano, or try it more than once. Inhaling also helps.

kerssens
I don't get high either.

Crimson
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I've tried probably 6 times. Vaporizor, bong, pipe. I dont feel it.

goofball
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get high either.

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino
09-24-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone is selling you oregano.

Drew16
09-24-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get high either.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 08:23 PM
just take little hits... don't let your buddies talk you into taking the hugest hit of your life everytime. All you'll end up doing is coughing a lot and getting a sore throat.

small hits is my advice, then you will get high.

TheCroShow
09-24-2005, 08:27 PM
come to BC and say that /images/graemlins/wink.gif

cwsiggy
09-24-2005, 08:33 PM
You clearly haven't been to Amsterdam and tried their product.

PITTM
09-24-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds more like a challenge than anything. if you wanna come over i will take a bet on it.

rj

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
come to BC and say that /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, still good advice for a rookie... he's still gonna get high, it won't take much.

he can destroy his lungs at later dates, now he just wants to get high /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crimson
09-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Im in santa cruz. Alcohol does it, weed i dont feel.

flatline
09-24-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that would suck. I didn't get high the first time I smoked, but after six times? That's just odd.

Blarg
09-24-2005, 08:55 PM
A lot of people don't get high right away, and not only with weed.

Then suddenly they feel reality slipping sideways a little on them, and get into it. You sometimes have to almost will yourself into it.

Kind of like a contact high, where you can get a feeling of being buzzed when you haven't even partaken. A lot of it is just attitude for some people at first. You can clamp up yourself without knowing it even, and not let anything get in, and stay sober. But the stoned state is malleable, kind of like a drunk can snap right out of it when he's in danger sometimes. You can slip into it, too, but it isn't always easy the first time or too.

Music helps.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people don't get high right away, and not only with weed.

Then suddenly they feel reality slipping sideways a little on them, and get into it. You sometimes have to almost will yourself into it.

Kind of like a contact high, where you can get a feeling of being buzzed when you haven't even partaken. A lot of it is just attitude for some people at first. You can clamp up yourself without knowing it even, and not let anything get in, and stay sober. But the stoned state is malleable, kind of like a drunk can snap right out of it when he's in danger sometimes. You can slip into it, too, but it isn't always easy the first time or too.

Music helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

word

jokerthief
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep it that way. Trust me.

Vish
09-24-2005, 09:31 PM
It just makes me sleepy. And I'd say I've tried it more than ten times. And it wasn't oregano, because it made my friends high. I prefer alcohol. Alcohol is my friend.

send_the_msg
09-24-2005, 10:14 PM
some guy said something about don't cough, i disagree. coughing just pumps it into your brain faster /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blarg
09-24-2005, 10:16 PM
To each their own. There's no prizes for any of it.

PITTM
09-24-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some guy said something about don't cough, i disagree. coughing just pumps it into your brain faster /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i smoked this girl out the other night and she had never smoked out of a bong. i have a glass on glass roor and she tooke like 3 hits, said she felt nothing, then started coughing and then was as high as anyone ive ever seen for like 3 hours. this is similar to how i remember my first bongloads.

rj

PITTM
09-24-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait wait, the op is from santa cruz? hell yeah dude, do you go to ucsc? i now count 6 ucsc 2p2'ers. we could have a game and i would load bowls UNTIL you got high. /images/graemlins/smile.gif. makes for a better game.

rj

Nfinity
09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is common. It's also what happens in people who get the most addicted to Pot.

People who go through this eventually have a great euphoric experience somewhere down the line. Most start doing it regularly doing more and more until it eventually doesn't work. That's the "gateway" thing that everyone hypes about. Usually they move on to another drug, usually Meth because it fixes all the problems the person is having with pot.

So I guess you could look at it 2 different ways:

Keep doing it eventually it will work or

Stop if you can help it because your prone.

Age also has a lot to do with it. If you still aren't in your mid-20's.

send_the_msg
09-25-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the "gateway" thing that everyone hypes about.

[/ QUOTE ]

this gateway concept is complete bullshit. alcohol is the gateway drug.

billyjex
09-25-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait wait, the op is from santa cruz? hell yeah dude, do you go to ucsc? i now count 6 ucsc 2p2'ers. we could have a game and i would load bowls UNTIL you got high. /images/graemlins/smile.gif. makes for a better game.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

santa cruz is such a dirty hippie town.

if u really want to get high, lets do some lines. i got some of the best [censored] up in northern cali, its cut with all kinds of [censored] and its probably not really coke and mostly speed but YEEEEEAAAAH BABY.

i'm kidding. i've never done drugs.

BradleyT
09-25-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is common. It's also what happens in people who get the most addicted to Pot.

People who go through this eventually have a great euphoric experience somewhere down the line. Most start doing it regularly doing more and more until it eventually doesn't work. That's the "gateway" thing that everyone hypes about. Usually they move on to another drug, usually Meth because it fixes all the problems the person is having with pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the dumbest post I've ever read - and believe me OOT has lots of dumb posts.

TheCroShow
09-25-2005, 12:29 AM
the last time i smoked pot was around 4 months ago. my buddy brought some weed over and we smoked it. after a couple of joints, the entire world was bent at a 45 degree angle, and i kept grabbing my chips because i thought they were going to fall over. i've never been that high before, most of the time weed just mellows me out and makes me feel chill.

anyway, check in with us when you do feel high, it's daaaaamn cool

nothumb
09-25-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The pot you're getting probably sucks. Your friends say they're getting high but that means crap, maybe they just want to be cool.

2. It often takes a few uses for people to start getting the full effect of pot. Although this may be one of those old wives' tales stemming from the fact that the pot kids get in high school sucks anyway.

3. There's a decent chance you're screwing up the smoking process somewhere, with a clogged pipe or failing to use a carb or something like that.

4. You're not missing that much anyway.

I quit smoking pot years ago, making it all the much easier to continue to not smoke pot when I got a job that forbids it. Makes me feel pretty dull.

NT

Blarg
09-25-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's the "gateway" thing that everyone hypes about.

[/ QUOTE ]

this gateway concept is complete bullshit. alcohol is the gateway drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely is bullshit.

I think the gateway drug is life.

Or if you want to pin it down to something ingested, either mother's milk or umbilical cord blood.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I quit it years ago too, and don't miss it. Nothing against it, but I enjoyed it plenty and kinda lost interest in getting high.

I also didn't like the way it made my lungs feel. Then again, booze isn't exactly a hero to your liver, either.

I think everyone should smoke it for at least a while, if only to get past all the completely politicized crap and government-backed lies about it, and realize it isn't a quick path to heroin, communism, and a life of child molestation. It's pretty harmless stuff, can be fun, and can open your mind up to looking at things in different ways(the main thing that makes so many people fear and hate it). It doesn't lead to anything except eating everything in the house and being really harmlessly dorky. And unless you're going to start demonizing beer and coffee and the massive legally sanctioned and doctor-encouraged use of psychopharmaceuticals to "cure" every sort of type of mental fart imaginable, it makes no sense to single out other dreugs for persecution. Aside from which, spending unbelievable amounts of tax dollars to police and criminalize this crap, create international mafias over it, and throw tons of harmless citizens into jail over it, is one of the stupidest generations-long endeavors the American people could have possibly chosen to undertake.

/rant off
/for now

siccjay
09-25-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't smoke it like a cigerette. Take air in with your hits, hold it in awhile, and then breathe out of your nose. Damn it's been over 10 years since I've done that. Like riding a bike I guess.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I quit it years ago too, and don't miss it. Nothing against it, but I enjoyed it plenty and kinda lost interest in getting high.

I also didn't like the way it made my lungs feel. Then again, booze isn't exactly a hero to your liver, either.

I think everyone should smoke it for at least a while, if only to get past all the completely politicized crap and government-backed lies about it, and realize it isn't a quick path to heroin, communism, and a life of child molestation. It's pretty harmless stuff, can be fun, and can open your mind up to looking at things in different ways(the main thing that makes so many people fear and hate it). It doesn't lead to anything except eating everything in the house and being really harmlessly dorky. And unless you're going to start demonizing beer and coffee and the massive legally sanctioned and doctor-encouraged use of psychopharmaceuticals to "cure" every sort of type of mental fart imaginable, it makes no sense to single out other dreugs for persecution. Aside from which, spending unbelievable amounts of tax dollars to police and criminalize this crap, create international mafias over it, and throw tons of harmless citizens into jail over it, is one of the stupidest generations-long endeavors the American people could have possibly chosen to undertake.

/rant off
/for now

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish more people understood/took seriously your rant. I quit smoking bud awhile ago. I'm a guitar player and, contrary to popular belief, I have always been much more creative while sober. I am glad that I smoked however. It does give a certain degree of wisdom. If nothing else, it shows the hypocrisy of the law. I have been close to death many times because of alcohol but never because of weed. I still maintain that I'm a safer driver while high then when I'm sober. (I am much more alert and concerned about safety when high).

Dominic
09-25-2005, 02:13 AM
i don't get high either....I'm 42 and have tried and tried...but pot does absolutely nothing to me.

MyTurn2Raise
09-25-2005, 02:52 AM
You guys have to INHALE....this isn't a cigar...let it fill your lungs

capillaries are sweet

boose_bagina
09-25-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm a little b.itch and get retardedly high everytime...works wonders on the wallet. Now if only my tolerance for alcohol was a little lower...

Dominic
09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have to INHALE....

capillaries are sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, really? Ithought if I just wafted it around my head I'd get high.

Pot soes not get me high. Period.

I tried hash once, in amsterdam....gave me a headache...but no high

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
stop smoking oregano.

Crimson
09-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah thats original, wait, thats the 8th time i've heard that.

InchoateHand
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
That [censored] makes you stupid.

asofel
09-25-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

/rant off
/for now

[/ QUOTE ]

is there anything you don't post well about?

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah thats original, wait, thats the 8th time i've heard that.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea well, this type of post isn't really begging for an orginal and serious response yutzo