PDA

View Full Version : Level 3

09-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Level 3 is hard for me to play. Usually I am stuck with ~600-700 chips. Let me show an example hand rather than explain...

Level 3 (25/50)

HERO (650)
1 (1000)
2 (1350)
3 (2000)
4 (500)
6 (750)
7 (whatever I need to make 8000 - BIGSTACK)

Dealt to HERO [ As, 8s ]

3 folds, HERO's turn
ok so I have a decent hand but its not great. What is my move?

Folding seems terrible. Calling is even worse. So should I raise? If so to what?

If I raise to 150 or 200, what do I do if I get reraised? Preventing this by pushing doesnt seem sensible becasue I have 13BBs so I would be risking way too much for 75 chips.

HERO raises to 175 and button calls.

Flop Kc 10h 5d
Sweet, OOP with nothing. I WANT that 400 pot, but any bet commits me. What to do? Push? Pushing doesnt seem right.

Check? Meh, the button will surely bet and I will be forced to fold. This spot sucks.

HERO checks.
Button pushes.
Hero is foced to muck, and is left with >500 chips /images/graemlins/frown.gif

This happens far too often. Apply all this to level 4 too, since there are times when I have ~1150 chips on level 4 and get stuck in similar spots. Someone help!

What about on a flop that is K high and I get no pair? If I bet I am comitted and if I check a caller will surely bet. [/b]

09-24-2005, 08:55 PM
One thing to consider is if next time you are BB whether or not you will be BB of 50 or 100. If you are going to be at 100 just push now without hesitation. If you will be BB at 50 it certainly is tricky. I push because they are suited an A8 is basically my cutoff for this. Raising from a late position up to 150 should steal you enough blinds to be profitable long term. If you are reraised all in fold it without hesitation because if you really wanted the action you would've pushed preflop. Remember 10 x bb rule is a mere suggestion and not a rule you must follow. If you hate this hand that much just fold it, but I would much rather push.

[ QUOTE ]
Level 3 is hard for me to play. Usually I am stuck with ~600-700 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

Try playing less weak tight early, I've found my roi goes up (along with my variance) when I do this. Many people say only play blah blah blah early on but realize that some of the worst players are giving their chips away early. Play it more like a normal cash game and not so weak.

helpmeout
09-24-2005, 10:42 PM
I normally make a 2XBB raise or allin. With a 2BB raise you dump it if someone raises you otherwise you usually end up stealing or get one caller and you usually pick it up on the flop.

If the 2BB raise isnt working then just go allin, if you havent built up a decent stack you should be starting to go all or nothing because you will get blinded out.

I dont like 3x 4x BB raising here its just costing you too much because once you follow up on the flop you have put in 1/3rd of your stack.

J-Lo
09-25-2005, 12:04 AM
easy solution, fold preflop-- post flop is soooooo hard to play, that is it MUCH easier to fold preflop... having 500 chips at lvl 4 ISN'T the end of the world. that's why this is an EASY fold, i fold AJ too... AQ, i proll make a raise to 150-200 and push any flop

that stack is NOT MAN'S LAND... u DON'T wanna be stuck playing a flop w/ a marginal hand-- so make it easier on yourself...

HOWEVER, if u are confident in your post flop play... by all means min raise or raise to 125 and play post flop-- u said it yourself, it's toooooooo sticky a situtiono to be left it... so avoid it all together... those are my 2 cents.