PDA

View Full Version : Drinks for the girl

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Be nice guys, last time I asked a fairly simple alcohol question I got flamed pretty hardcore. I'm used to just pouring in 1 1/2 shots of paramount rum and about twice as much pineapple juice in a glass and shooting it. Repeat.

I would like to get my girlfriend to start drinking more hard liquor. She usually drinks til she gets a little buzzed but then quits. She really really likes Woodchuck hard apple cider. She has never really been "drunk" in her life and I was wondering what I should make for her.

So, gimme some suggestions to try out, and please refrain from flaming me. I'm just a guy trying to find something his girlfriend will like to drink.

PS: She complains about her stomach hurting after woodchuck, just because it's so sweet. She can drink about 3 of those and then she's done. She doesn't like shooters (of course) and I think she's done like 2 shots in her life.

Also, she is turning 21 on Wednesday, this way I'll have a lil headsup when we go to the store.

Thanks

STLantny
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Margaritas, simple, easy, and the chicks dig em.

mslif
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Margaritas are actually a good suggestion. Rhum/coke, gin and tonic are also good and not too sweet to drink.

IronDragon1
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/slayerseifer/random/Goodstuff.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything surrounding the good/decent stuff

miajag81
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Malibu and pineapple juice

Baileys

Red Bull/Vodka

BradleyT
09-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Sex on the Beach works well and only costs about $25 for enough to get 5 girls into panty removal mode.

09-24-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.

Reef
09-24-2005, 07:42 PM
chicks dig kahlua and milk

my fav is rum and coke

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Margaritas are actually a good suggestion. Rhum/coke, gin and tonic are also good and not too sweet to drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Favorite mixes?

tonypaladino
09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Favorite mixes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Williams-Sonoma

STLantny
09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Id go with southern comfort and coke (sweeter than rum imo), but not super sweet. Any magaraia mix in the big jug + some decent tequila, and dont forget the salt (its next to the mixers in the liquor isle.)

mslif
09-24-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Favorite mixes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I drink Jack and coke, ketel one and pretty much anything, red wine.

touchfaith
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be nice guys, last time I asked a fairly simple alcohol question I got flamed pretty hardcore. I'm used to just pouring in 1 1/2 shots of paramount rum and about twice as much pineapple juice in a glass and shooting it. Repeat.

I would like to get my girlfriend to start drinking more hard liquor. She usually drinks til she gets a little buzzed but then quits. She really really likes Woodchuck hard apple cider. She has never really been "drunk" in her life and I was wondering what I should make for her.

So, gimme some suggestions to try out, and please refrain from flaming me. I'm just a guy trying to find something his girlfriend will like to drink.

PS: She complains about her stomach hurting after woodchuck, just because it's so sweet. She can drink about 3 of those and then she's done. She doesn't like shooters (of course) and I think she's done like 2 shots in her life.

Also, she is turning 21 on Wednesday, this way I'll have a lil headsup when we go to the store.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but...Huh?

Why would you want to get her into 'drinking more hard liquor'? Is she asking you to?

If not, don't you think you should just let her drink what, and how much of, she wants?

09-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Get a new girl one that drinks all the time . After a week or so you can come back and ask us how to get the old one back

rohjoh
09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Cosmo, calls for two parts vodka(kettle one belvidere), one part Cointreau and one part cranberry. Shaken over ice, and pured up in a martini glass. 2-3 of these and she will be hammered.

Eurotrash
09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
long island iced tea. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

09-24-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry but...Huh?

Why would you want to get her into 'drinking more hard liquor'? Is she asking you to?

If not, don't you think you should just let her drink what, and how much of, she wants?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know the original posters situation, but many things go much smoother with chicks when you add alcohol. (yes, even girlfriends) The more you know...

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but...Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just trying to find something she enjoys to drink, not something she has to force down and make her stomach hurt.

touchfaith
09-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Baileys rocks with a shot of Irish Liquor

theben
09-24-2005, 08:02 PM
long island iced teas, GOOD vodka+juices, frozen drinks

theben
09-24-2005, 08:03 PM
feel shame for that smirnoff ice. nice job on getting the grey goose, you only picked the most overcalled and overrated vodka possible. at least you have sapphire

theben
09-24-2005, 08:04 PM
i second that. im a dude and even i'll admit to drinking/liking those things

Evan
09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Has the internet-macho mentality gotten so out of hand here that we now have to "admit" to drinking what are basically glasses of liquor?

STLantny
09-24-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Has the internet-macho mentality gotten so out of hand here that we now have to "admit" to drinking what are basically glasses of liquor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Appearently, it has.

MrWookie47
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cosmo, calls for two parts vodka(kettle one belvidere), one part Cointreau and one part cranberry. Shaken over ice, and pured up in a martini glass. 2-3 of these and she will be hammered.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the lime juice.

2 pts. vodka
2 pts. cranberry juice
1 pt. lime juice/Rose's
1 pt. Cointreau/triple sec

As long as you're not using the cheapest ass vodka, the choice of vodka for this drink is practically irrelevant.

Edit: But this is an excellent suggestion.

theben
09-24-2005, 08:57 PM
i dont care about being 'internet macho'

in real life, i certainly do not advertise the fact that i enjoy drinking these things. where i come from, dudes only drink beers and jack and coke. too bad i am not a big fan of either. i do this stuff live, not just being "internet macho"

theben
09-24-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, thats actually really funny

touchfaith
09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I posted what I actually drink (Baileys), so....

Drew16
09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Whiskey sours are like the wine coolers of hard liquor. Very light and refreshing. They're a good intro to hard liquor.

Gin and tonics are a less sweet version of mixed drinks. Some people don't like them, but though their taste is strong, it doesn't necessarily taste all that boozy unless you put in a stiff helping of gin.

A lot of women really like black Russians and white Russians, too, and Irish Cremes. Chicks really dig Irish Cremes.

DaveKForty7
09-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Long island ice tea.
Lemon Gin and anything.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey sours are like the wine coolers of hard liquor. Very light and refreshing. They're a good intro to hard liquor.

Gin and tonics are a less sweet version of mixed drinks. Some people don't like them, but though their taste is strong, it doesn't necessarily taste all that boozy unless you put in a stiff helping of gin.

A lot of women really like black Russians and white Russians, too, and Irish Cremes. Chicks really dig Irish Cremes.

[/ QUOTE ]

we made white russians during the super bowl last year. She hated it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RunDownHouse
09-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Smurf Piss:
Ingredients - Everclear (or other PGA), sugar, Mountain Dew, Blue Kool-aid.

Fill blender pitcher about 3/4 full of ice. Add 4-6 shots Everclear. Add sugar. Add 1 packet kool-aid (note: the red kool-aid comes in a blue package; make sure you get the blue kind, maybe its called Ice Blue or something). Fill blender pitcher to about 3/4 full with the Mountain Dew. Blend.

It should come out to a blueish-green color. Add sugar to taste. Drop Panties.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Smurf Piss:
Ingredients - Everclear (or other PGA), sugar, Mountain Dew, Blue Kool-aid.

Fill blender pitcher about 3/4 full of ice. Add 4-6 shots Everclear. Add sugar. Add 1 packet kool-aid (note: the red kool-aid comes in a blue package; make sure you get the blue kind, maybe its called Ice Blue or something). Fill blender pitcher to about 3/4 full with the Mountain Dew. Blend.

It should come out to a blueish-green color. Add sugar to taste. Drop Panties.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn that sounds good haha. She can have some if there's any left

Blarg
09-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Probably the taste was too strong for her. Could have been too much vodka in it, or not enough cream. Or else, well, maybe it's just not her thing. A good enough drink that everyone should try them once, at least.

Girls like stuff with cream in it a lot. They always seem to like cream. That's why that Bailey's Irish cream thing seems to really ring their bells every time. It's not the kind of drink you want more than two or three of though usually, as it's very thick and super highly flavored. I'm not fond of the sticky sour aftertaste of milk products, either. In my mouth or hers.

Both those drinks are pretty strongly flavored though. Lots of women prefer lighter drinks.

Finding what you like is more like an adventure than a program, though. The main thing is that she just keeps an open mind so you can help her find something good. I'm sure she'll find something she really likes unless she gives up trying.

My suggestions remain - go for the light and/or sweet and/or creamy.

By the way, most women seem to like liquers. Amaretto is a really tasty aromatic one; I'd definitely give it a try. I also like Midori Melon, and it makes lots of very good mixed drinks. A very clean, fresh taste, not overpowering. There are lots of liquers(am I spelling that right), and they're fun to sample.

Oh, and Drambuie is a very interesting drink that women often like a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a girl not like it. Very aromatic and smooth.

tonypaladino
09-24-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm telling you man. Margharitas

Williams-Sonoma Mix, Jose Cuervo, Cocktail salt

The End

ethan
09-24-2005, 10:59 PM
For something different, you might try a couple champagne drinks. The Bellini (http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/Bellini.html) and Champagne Cocktail (http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/ChampagneCocktail.html) are two good ones. Everyone likes Mimosas (http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/Mimosa.html), and the Kir Royale (http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/KirRoyale.html) is worth a shot too. Start with the first two.

I've also had very good luck with a cocktail that's just 6:1 Bombay Sapphire:Marie Brizard Parfait Amour Liqueur. (Shake over ice and strain into a cocktail glass. If you're feeling fancy, garnish with a twist of lemon or orange.) If you make it around 8-10:1 it's not so sweet, and that's how I like it. If you make it closer to 4-5:1 it gets sweeter, and that's how various women I know prefer it. But I bought a bottle of the liqueur just so I could make these. Everyone likes them.

The site with the recipes (Drinkboy (http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/index.html)) is generally a good resource for things booze-related. If you're looking for other good drinks there, try the aviation, corpse reviver, jasmine, old cuban, and sazerac. (There are more on that site I really like, but those are a start.) In fact, the Old Cuban could go on the list of drinks that everyone will like, cider-drinking-underage-women included. It's basically a mojito with champagne and bitters.

Some of these take a little effort to put together, but I think they're worth it.

GuyOnTilt
09-24-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising. I was at this party a couple weeks ago and the same type of thing was like rampant everywhere. All but like 5 of the guys there were complete tools who started off the night by carrying around 1/5's and drinking straight from the bottle. Which is fine of course, except the only conversation piece they had was, "holy [censored] dude I've drank soooo much already, I've just been taking straight shots of this [censored], I've already had like half a fifth," while taking either one or two swigs during their I'm so cool spiel. Great thing was less than two hours into the night there were >10 of them puking their guts out outside. And no they didn't pull the boot and rally. I'm sure they felt really cool and thought they impressed everyone during those two hours though, so it was alllll worth it.

PS. Long Island ice teas taste good. Keeping Smirnoff at your place is not just okay, it's a good idea. Thinking and acting like you have something to prove is for high schoolers.

GoT

BradleyT
09-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Are you looking for something you can make at home or something you might expect to be able to make at a friends house without bringing 7 bottles yourself?

Blarg
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Knowing how to mix a bunch of drinks is seriously cool, too. People love it and appreciate it. Most love trying new things, drinking good drinks, and getting some relief from the crappy kiddie standards like beer, wine coolers, and rum and coke because nobody knows how to mix anything better.

Quite a cool thing to know how to do.

MyTurn2Raise
09-25-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
long island iced tea. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure it is made right, too many knockoffs these days:
1 oz Tequila
1 oz Rum
1 oz Gin
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Triple Sec
Fill pint with sweet & sour
Splash of coca-cola

Oh Yeah....if she has a sweet tooth,
mix sunny delight (or generic equivalant_Tampico in my neck of the woods) with 4 oz of vodka in pint glass.
She won't know how much alcohol is in there

Also, come up with a snazzy name for that...chicks dig snazzy names. Remember, they think based on their emotions at the time. Reason and logic are unknowns.

nubs
09-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Cape Cod:

Vodka
Add cranberry juice to taste
Optional lime slice

imported_CaseClosed326
09-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Anything with rufeees.

MyTurn2Raise
09-25-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything with rufeees.

[/ QUOTE ]

or GHB

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything with rufeees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all funny.

DangerGoodson
09-25-2005, 03:45 AM
Stoli Raszberri and Lemonaide

danzasmack
09-25-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything with rufeees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

theBruiser500
09-25-2005, 03:48 AM
it's a shot but it's all i know, mix bailey's irish cream and butterscotch, tastes like candy

MyTurn2Raise
09-25-2005, 03:49 AM
try webtender.com.... they'll help you out

PokerBob
09-25-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would like to get my girlfriend to start drinking more hard liquor.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to get my girlfriend to start drinking more hard liquor.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

silly question.

ethan
09-25-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing how to mix a bunch of drinks is seriously cool, too. People love it and appreciate it. Most love trying new things, drinking good drinks, and getting some relief from the crappy kiddie standards like beer, wine coolers, and rum and coke because nobody knows how to mix anything better.

Quite a cool thing to know how to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely correct, and very very underrated. I have a few friends who share my interest in good drinks. We've been hosting cocktail parties for the last five years, trying our collective hand at competent bartending. We pick a couple drinks that we suggest everyone try, and then give people a menu of others we think are good. 30-40 people per, and these parties are _always_ good. Your friends should be willing to pay $10, assuming you're offering good booze, and you'll come pretty close to covering your expenses.

We've also done a few "neat" parties, where everyone brings a bottle of good liquor and everyone tries each with no ice/mixers/etc (aka neat). These tend to have some newcomers who haven't tried all that much in the way of interesting booze. The last couple have had 15-16 people, which is basically the end of the world for anyone involved. I suggest trying to keep it to 8 or so. But if you know enough people with some enthusiasm for good liquor, it works well.

09-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Southern variation on Jack'n'Coke: Wild Turkey and Dr. Pepper -- sweet,but not too sweet, gets stronger as the night goes on.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 04:28 AM
This sounds like a very cool theme for a party, Ethan.

ethan
09-25-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a very cool theme for a party, Ethan.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one was just 6 of us; all people who were obvious choices for this sort of thing. It branched out from there, and now we've probably had a dozen or so.

If anyone wants a drink list from one of the cocktail parties, just send me a PM.

STLantny
09-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS....THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING.

Absolut Peach, and Arizona Iced tea. Every girl I know thinks this is the best drink ever.